Search
Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2003, 06:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

Thanx Guys-Nice 1,

What is the perpose of Droop screws/what effect do they have.??.

Soz for being a bit Dumb-but ive only raced 1/12th,until i got the TC3,I use to race T/C years ago but they were buggys with T/C bodyshells and didn't have half has many set up bits-to what they have now..#
stevie
Old 05-14-2003, 08:22 AM
Tech Adept

hi

where's the best place to order IRS parts for TC3 online??
Old 05-14-2003, 09:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

www.speedtechrc.com is a nice place, www.rcboyz.com is one of my favorite places, fast and lowest prices on shipping, if they dont have it then they could order it and only take a couple of days. (801-252-0244) or email them a price request with the part numbers and they shoot you back an estimate.
Old 05-14-2003, 05:10 PM
Tech Master

With the droop thing. I am in the process of creating a spreedsheet that will have all factors i.e. ride height tire dia and droop and of course up travel. I would say this will be very handy when completed to get it right first time every time. If anybody wants a copy just PM me and I will email it to you when I have it finished.

I think the best way to messure the droop is to just sit the chassis on a flat board and messure up from the ground to the wheels stub to get it right from left to right, then you can use you guage from there on. Also when you change the anti sqwat or kick up it will effect your droop. A thing to recheck if you don't already.

With the preload on the shocks issue. Yes you will have to have these different to untweak your car. I have milled my chassis to move the battries in 6mm and spend alot of time on a chassis balance by moving things around. Now I can pretty much set my car up (un tweek) by shock preload the same left to right. Off course check it after I set ride height but it is also spot on.

Thanks all for your input on this matter.

Coxy.
Old 05-14-2003, 08:39 PM
Tech Regular

Does any one know if the K Factory NTC3 one way will fit the electric TC3?

Thanks
Old 05-14-2003, 09:11 PM
Tech Addict

Yet another droop question...

Going to a higher # on the droop guage takes droop out of my car, right? So to add droop I would go to a lower # on the droop guage?

What will I find when I change my front/rear droop? By increasing droop do I increase the amount of traction to that end of the car?

Currently I'm running rubbers on asphalt and am searching for a little more initial steering. Also, when I am exiting a corner and start to get back on the throttle, I find that the rear end wants to drift out sometimes...any suggestions?

Thanks
Old 05-14-2003, 09:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Impreza
Yet another droop question...

Going to a higher # on the droop guage takes droop out of my car, right? So to add droop I would go to a lower # on the droop guage?

What will I find when I change my front/rear droop? By increasing droop do I increase the amount of traction to that end of the car?

Currently I'm running rubbers on asphalt and am searching for a little more initial steering. Also, when I am exiting a corner and start to get back on the throttle, I find that the rear end wants to drift out sometimes...any suggestions?

Thanks
Yes do down on the droop gauge to add droop. By adding droop to the front the weight transfer will be greater on the rear on exit. But by doing this it will take away front end grip. So to answer your question adjust the other end of the car i.e. work on front the effect rear and rear to effect front.

As for initial steering. so many things to work on but only work on the front of the car. This is the end that is working for initial turn in.

Coxy.
Old 05-15-2003, 10:29 AM
Tech Adept

Default Correctly tightening wheel nut

How do I fix this problem... If I had my wheel nut just tight, the wheels don't spin that easily. If I had it a little loose, the wheels would spin easily but there is a side to side play and the wheel wobbles.
Old 05-15-2003, 10:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

i had that problem, just get some axle shims put them between the bearings and the pins, only need one or two,there should a little play if there is no play it will bind. This will fix your problem.
Johnny
Old 05-15-2003, 11:05 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Correctly tightening wheel nut

Originally posted by DRIVEN
How do I fix this problem... If I had my wheel nut just tight, the wheels don't spin that easily. If I had it a little loose, the wheels would spin easily but there is a side to side play and the wheel wobbles.
If you are already using associated crush sleeves between the bearings and axle shims then the bearings may need replaced. The outer steering block bearings get damaged easily when hitting walls.
Old 05-15-2003, 11:54 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Correctly tightening wheel nut

Originally posted by Mike D
If you are already using associated crush sleeves between the bearings and axle shims then the bearings may need replaced. The outer steering block bearings get damaged easily when hitting walls.
Thanks Johnny, i'll try to shim in tonight.

Dave, what's an associated crush sleeves? All I have in between the bearing and the axle roll pin is just one shim.
Old 05-15-2003, 11:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

ive never heard of crush sleeves, but maybe he is refering to the bearing spacers, DRIVEN do you have bearing spaces in your steering blocks and hub carriers?
Johnny
Old 05-15-2003, 12:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

No.. the outdrives are too wide. Other than that, they are the same base unit.

Originally posted by rfree02
Does any one know if the K Factory NTC3 one way will fit the electric TC3?

Thanks
Old 05-15-2003, 01:13 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Johnnytc3
ive never heard of crush sleeves, but maybe he is refering to the bearing spacers, DRIVEN do you have bearing spaces in your steering blocks and hub carriers?
Johnny
Yes, I do have the blue bearing spacers in between the 2 bearings inside the hub. Right now, only 1 shim is inbetween the outside bearing and the axle roll pin. It seemed like when the wheel nut is tightened, the hex adapter is pushed against the shim and the outside bearing.
Old 05-15-2003, 01:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

yes most likely one shim is not enough i just checked mine i have at least two shims on each axle, also make sure you roll pin is not bent , if it is then insert it so where the bent part is facing into the hex. Sometimes if it is badly bent it will bind the bearings when you tighten the nut. You also may have a bad bearing.
Johnny

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.