Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2003, 07:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Don't go with no shields. If you go with one shield, make sure you take off the one on the inside of the diff case, not the outside.
Old 03-09-2003, 08:08 PM
Tech Regular

Could some one please suggest a gearing for tight technical tracks. 48 pitch. It will be for a Trinity Horsepower motor. This is my first electric btw.
Old 03-09-2003, 08:34 PM
Tech Adept

Probably start with a 23 tooth pinion and gear up until the motor gets hot.
Old 03-09-2003, 10:32 PM
Tech Regular

Okay and what about a 540 motor?

also have u got any idea of how much pinions are and should i only get Associated ones?

Thanks

John
Old 03-09-2003, 11:46 PM
Tech Adept

They don't need to be Associated ones, all mine are aluminum ones from RRP. Those are kinda expensive though, just get whatever is cheap and 48 pitch. I'd probably start with a 27 tooth pinion for a 540.
Old 03-10-2003, 09:02 AM
Tech Adept

I was probably one of the last holdouts, but I finally tried my TC3 with the batteries moved forward.

All I can say is, if you haven't tried it yet, do it now!

I race on a carpet track and have always felt that my car was handling very well. Last week we had a driver come in and take my track record by about a lap and a half. Well, that pretty much lit my fire. I know I'm not the best driver out there, but I don't like being down by that much.

This weekend I ran my car in the first qualifier as I always had. Batteries in the back. The car felt good, but still didn't have the lap times I needed to see. So, I moved the batteries forward and reset the tweak. I put it on the track expecting it to be a little loose compared to what I had felt before. I was wrong!! The front end was absolutely nailed to the track from the middle to the exit of the corner and a little less aggressive on the entrance. The back end just followed along as it should have, I never felt it break loose. I gained one full lap from my previous best time with only that change!

I still haven't milled my chassis to move the batteries in, but that will be done before too long now.

Jeff Gilligan
Old 03-10-2003, 11:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
New TC3 Owner, Any Suggrestions?

I just got my Factory Team TC3 today and I am beginning to assemble it. I am just curious as to if there are anything that I need to be aware of or anything I need to do special?

I am converting over from my Losi XXX-S to this car to see if it is just really that much faster. I run stock and am usually in the A-Main around 6-8 qualifier about a lap off the pace from the fast guys, who all run XXX-S cars. So any input is greatly appreciated in advance.

Thanks,
Tony

P.S. Craig if you are on here today can you PM me with any of your thoughts.
Old 03-10-2003, 01:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Jeff, i feel your pain. Getting comfortable at the local level can actually make you a slower driver. Someone else comes in and cleans your clock... and you are left with a stunned look and question marks over your head! I have had it done to me as well. From that time on i looked at local racing as test and development time. If you really like the battery forward setup, you should try the battery closer to the centerline... or the 4x2 split. Both make marked improvements in the cars' ability on differing tracks.
- Dave
Old 03-10-2003, 02:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yes Dave I saw the 4x2 split. I was thinking of milling my chasis but i'm still inside and racing on carpet. (damn its still cold here in NJ) must be nice in SoCal. I wouldn't know. My car has always been stable and easy to drive. I just adapt to the car and what its doing. Thats the problem i see with so many people. They have a setup and it does one thing wrong and they to re-invent the wheel you know. Cutting chasis putting the NTC-3 steering up front. The hold nine years. I went to a race in PA with Chad Phillips from Trinity and him and i were taking he spent 11 hours modifing his TC-3 chasis to fit NTC-3 steering and shock towers. He was quick but i stayed with him in mod with a stock TC-3. I'd rather adapt to the car then spent 11 hours grinding away. Sorry i don't have that much money to spent on parts so that my car will feel one way on a track then change everything around for another.

Drive and apply. thats my theory.
Old 03-10-2003, 02:18 PM
Tech Adept

Moving the batteries closer to the centerline is next on the slate. I don't think that is going to give me the same improvement that the last change made, but I'm down to looking for tenths of seconds instead of laps now, so who knows.

I've been doing very well locally and have even made the A at a couple of regional and national level events. I know that I need to race against better drivers in order to get faster myself. I just don't like the travel that usually requires. I have also been afraid of making changes when the car seems to work. I've been in the situation of making a change and then not being able to get it back.

The amazing thing about all of this is that I've been running the TC3 for about 3 or 4 years now. Actually it is the SAME TC3, with a few new parts due to repairs or updates. I've been toying with changing to either a Losi XXX-S or the new Corally Assassin, but with this kind of performance from a car, I don't know if I'll be willing to make that change now, this car has been very good to me.

Jeff Gilligan
Old 03-10-2003, 03:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hay Tweeter, it's about 75 degrees without a cloud in the sky here in San Diego today. Let me tell you, it dosen't suck out here.
Old 03-10-2003, 03:20 PM
Tech Master

the stock chassis is plently stiff, and is actually stiffer than any dual deck carbon fiber chassis (and the graphite one is even stiffer, thats why you can mill out the center stuff, since its so stiff it doenst affect it). if anything check out the warpspeed one since it switches the side the batteries are on, and moves them in closer to the center line, however i would just suggest staying with the stock or graphite chassis.

As far as the NTC3 steering, all of the factory guys tried it, but ended up going back to the stock set up, but it is nice since you dont have to clean the carpet fuzz out of the rack.
Old 03-10-2003, 03:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default advice on IRS chassis and stiffeners

I cannot search through 144 pages of TC3 thread for answer...so sorry if it is in there somewhere.

I run carpet indoor most of the time and am considering a setup with IRS carbon fiber chassis and stiffeners. What is the general opinion of that setup for carpet use? I would run with graphite arms as well.

Is it stiffer than the stock graphite chassis (factory team)?

thanks for any advice.
Ken
Old 03-10-2003, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

I would have to agree. I have yet to do the NTC3 steering on my car. I cannot see what it would do other than removing a little bit of slop from the rack. There is nothing the NTC3 rack can do that the standard rack doesnt already do. My goal was to balance the car. It just makes it easier for me to drive. Maybe its all mental...who knows.
- Dave
Old 03-10-2003, 09:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I find it quite funny that Associated boasted the development of the TC3 rack, and now with the NTC3 they basically go back to a dual bellcrank set-up!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.