Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2003, 05:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

All you need to do is set your car on something flat. Put a scew driver or a hex wrench underneath the chassis in the middle and lift it up. So put which ever end you are adjusting toward the end of the table or whatever you use and push down on the wrench to lift the chassis up. Watch to see which tire lifts off of the ground first. Then adjust the shock collar so both tires lift off of the ground at the same time. Do this front and rear. I hope you understand that....

BigAl, I haven't forgot about you. I've been busy building my new xray and painting bodies. I'll get you that set up as soon as I can.
Old 03-06-2003, 06:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

On these cars, shock preload is the best way to adjust the tweek. You could be getting a combination of tweek and torque steer. Tweek to the right and torque steer to the left. You can get an MIP board for maybe fourty bucks.
Old 03-06-2003, 06:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Help Please

Can anyone please give me the P/N to the steel AE outdrives. I have gone threw 3 pairs of the molded ones my FT came with. I run either a one way or locked diff 85 % of the time at our track. I know this is tough on the outdrives but 8-10 heats , races is all I can get out of the molded ones..

Any suggestion other than the steal AE drives would be greatly apreciated but please provide me with P/Ns.

Its a shame these molded drives dont last because my TC3 is sick (lightning fast ) with them.
Old 03-06-2003, 08:05 PM
Tech Adept

Are they wearing out or breaking?

If they are just wearing out, try the IRS Pin Cushions.

I've never actually broken a plastic outrive. The cvd usually pops out first and bends the material a bit, but still usable.
Old 03-06-2003, 08:10 PM

Default Re: Foam Tire Widths

Originally posted by Impreza
Currently I run purple 28mm tires in the rear, and double purple 26mm's in the front.

I am just wondering, if I go to 24mm double purple's in the front, how is the car going to react as compared to the 26's? Also, how would it react if I used 28mm both front and rear?
On carpet in my experience the wider the tire the greater the grip, I am currently running GRP 40 shore 30 mm wide rears and it really locks the back end down, like 0 degrees toe is no problem whatsoever.
Old 03-06-2003, 09:13 PM
Tech Addict

anyon ehave any problems with binding in there outside diff bearings? I have to sand the cups down to free it up.
Old 03-06-2003, 09:18 PM
Tech Champion

I take the shim off that goes on before the bearing on the outdrives. It seems to free things up a little.
Old 03-06-2003, 09:27 PM

Originally posted by teamAE
anyon ehave any problems with binding in there outside diff bearings? I have to sand the cups down to free it up.
You got it, actually use a dremel grinding wheel with the same OD as the bearing and sand where the bearings set in the diff half until the diff will not stay in when turned upside down.
Old 03-06-2003, 09:30 PM
Tech Regular

I dont no if this question has already been asked, if it has sorry

But is there any way to mount a 540 motor on the TC3 FT car.
Im just about to start out in touring and have pretty much decided on the tc3. I really dont want it to go to fast while i start out, but once i get used to it in goes a stock or 13x2.

Is the car durable also.

Last question, is this car very loud compared to belts?

Thnx
Old 03-06-2003, 09:36 PM
Tech Regular

sorry, slow net
Old 03-06-2003, 09:43 PM
Tech Champion

I don't know about the 540 motor. You could always run a slower cheap stock motor if you want to just run slow for a while. Durability, It's got it's week points, front suspension for instance. But put the RPM bumper on it along with the Trinity foam, and you're set. Loudness. Untill the diff gears break in, it's a little louder than most belt drives, but once they break in, it's just as quiet.
Old 03-07-2003, 01:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Little off topic, but anyone want to see a sub 2-second TC3 Drag car, hitting (hopefully) over 80mph in a 132' drag strip????

http://ebiz.netopia.com/competitionx/aetc3dragracer

I should know this weekend (Saturday) what this car can do. After that, I may shoot for some sort of speed record.....
Old 03-07-2003, 02:48 AM
Tech Regular

Could u maybe point me to these products?, also is there anything else i should get for the car while im at it?
Old 03-07-2003, 04:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by Dingus
Are they wearing out or breaking?

If they are just wearing out, try the IRS Pin Cushions.

I've never actually broken a plastic outrive. The cvd usually pops out first and bends the material a bit, but still usable.
They are wearing out where the CVD slot is.... causing excesive play in my drive train. I measured the worn part of the CVD and it is about .125 (1/8 Inch ) larger than the original dimension.

I guess no one knows the P/N to the steel drives ????
Old 03-07-2003, 04:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by TPhalen
Little off topic, but anyone want to see a sub 2-second TC3 Drag car, hitting (hopefully) over 80mph in a 132' drag strip????

http://ebiz.netopia.com/competitionx/aetc3dragracer

I should know this weekend (Saturday) what this car can do. After that, I may shoot for some sort of speed record.....
DAM...that car looks fast standing still...

Stupid question but what are the side dams supposed to help with ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.