Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2002, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Whew. Back from vacation. You know, I really don't miss California traffic or the smog. It sucks. But, I'm ready to get back to some bigtime racing!!!! A little slow for me in Texas!!!
Old 04-13-2002, 08:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Well,it's official tc3 dudes. I've sold all my schumacher stuff and have decided to join your club. This thread has given me a lot of important info and stuff that I would never think of. thanks!!
Old 04-13-2002, 09:48 PM
Tech Adept

Well 55 pages (at least that is how many I show) of generally solid info should get you around the track. I have just completed putting together my psudo-FT-TC3 together. I hope to do well.
Old 04-13-2002, 11:08 PM
Tech Regular

Wow, seems like more people are turning to TC3.
At the track I noticed that guys ruuning belt driven cars look at TC3 very carefully since many TC3s are running fast at the track.

One thing I recommend to TC3 is to make drive train as free as possible, such as loosing the shields of the bearings.
Old 04-14-2002, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

bearing question: instead of removing bearing seals, wouldnt it be better to use metal-shielded bearings? i think they operate will lesser drag than rubber or teflon sealed bearings, but they have the added protection of not exposing the bearing internals bec of the metal cover. plus, they help contain the grease or oil inside the bearing, instead of leaking out of an open bearing. the downside would be you have to buy new metal shielded bearings to replace the stock TC3 ones. i think this will be better if you have to replace your bearing anyway.
Old 04-14-2002, 08:48 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by marvi
bearing question: instead of removing bearing seals, wouldnt it be better to use metal-shielded bearings? i think they operate will lesser drag than rubber or teflon sealed bearings, but they have the added protection of not exposing the bearing internals bec of the metal cover. plus, they help contain the grease or oil inside the bearing, instead of leaking out of an open bearing. the downside would be you have to buy new metal shielded bearings to replace the stock TC3 ones. i think this will be better if you have to replace your bearing anyway.
I've never used metal shielded bearings.
I'm sure some of the people here will give you better advice on that.

My drive train is already kind of free. But I want to remove the grease and oil them with light oil to get more freedom as suggested by TP and the company.
Eventhough I have to maintain them more often.

I removed only the inside facing shields of bearings, so far I haven't had any problem at all.
They are holding up as good as the ones with both shields.

Another benefit of closed drive train design of TC3.
Old 04-14-2002, 11:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well I only have the Racer Kit (shocking for me) but I removed the inner seals and the packing grease. This tremendously frees up the bearings. Then just add one drop of thin bearing oil to each bearing. Remember, there shouldn't be any dirt inside the casing. So leaving that open shouldn't pose any problems. Rubber seals off the best seal on bearings. But also the most friction. Getting metal ones will free up the drive train only if you use thin oil. But your bearings will get dirty fast than rubber sealed ones. I just think this is only important if you take your racing seriously. But then again, if you do take it seriously then you should be rebuilding your car after every race day. That includes recleaning your bearings every time! Do I do that? uhhhh no. Maybe after every 2 race days. Time depending. Did anyone have a hard time removing the rubber seals? I did. They were a pain!!
Old 04-14-2002, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by KilRuf
I just think this is only important if you take your racing seriously. But then again, if you do take it seriously then you should be rebuilding your car after every race day.
What are you talking about? I do that DURING the race day!!! LOL!!!!!
Old 04-14-2002, 06:43 PM
Regional Moderator

he aint lying.
Old 04-14-2002, 10:08 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Modena AL:

I just wanted you to know that I ran the TC3 with the full IRS chassis setup that you recommended...

I sold my XXX-S right at the track after my first qualifier tonight...It was that good.

I had a guy that wanted my Losi, 'cause I had done a ton of work to it...(I am a consistant A-Main driver, never won the darn thing-some good drivers here) but it's just an awesome setup...

Thanks for the recommendation!!!

Last edited by kansasracer; 04-14-2002 at 11:10 PM.
Old 04-14-2002, 10:15 PM
Tech Adept

Can you post again what that setup is? I would be interested in seeing it. Also, do you happen to have a good setup for a high traction, asphalt track? I will be running stock class with the AE graphite components package. I have tried a few things, but I slip and slide all over. Or I blister tires...
Old 04-15-2002, 08:52 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by kansasracer
Modena AL:

I just wanted you to know that I ran the TC3 with the full IRS chassis setup that you recommended...

I sold my XXX-S right at the track after my first qualifier tonight...It was that good.

I had a guy that wanted my Losi, 'cause I had done a ton of work to it...(I am a consistant A-Main driver, never won the darn thing-some good drivers here) but it's just an awesome setup...

Thanks for the recommendation!!!
Im glad it worked out for you. Now you'll be a consistant A-main WINNER!!! Before I got it I was just barely getting in the A-main, 8th or 9th. Now I'm in the top 3 every weekend. I'm going to be toying with the setup a little next weekend trying some new things with shockoil and springs, and maybe a one-way. I'll let ya know how things go.
Old 04-15-2002, 12:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Modena AL

Im glad it worked out for you. Now you'll be a consistant A-main WINNER!!! Before I got it I was just barely getting in the A-main, 8th or 9th. Now I'm in the top 3 every weekend. I'm going to be toying with the setup a little next weekend trying some new things with shockoil and springs, and maybe a one-way. I'll let ya know how things go.
Makes me wanna buy one of those chassis.

Hm patience patience !!! (talking to myself)
Old 04-15-2002, 12:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by rcruv

Hm patience patience !!! (talking to myself)
Yes! that is the key to it. I swear that chassis sat at the hobbystore on hold for about a month before I could afford it. Good thing no-one else wanted it .
Old 04-15-2002, 12:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Modena AL

Yes! that is the key to it. I swear that chassis sat at the hobbystore on hold for about a month before I could afford it. Good thing no-one else wanted it .
Normally I'm one of those guys who can be sold very easily.
I think I'm just one recommendation away from buying it.

But I have to buy necessary parts and equipment first such as new tires, batteries, new body, new motor, decent charger, comm lathe, brushes, setup system, etc...

Oh God! Give me strength!
and money (if possible).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.