Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree14Likes

Tamiya F104 Pro!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 02:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Does anyone know where it might be possible to get decal set made or allready done for the new lotus f1 car
Old 04-04-2010, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Juttie
Does anyone know where it might be possible to get decal set made or allready done for the new lotus f1 car
Im working on it
Havent seen anything out of Japan.
Most of the scheme can be done in the paintjob
I may end up painting one up in the near future, but I have a few projects that need to ship out before that can happen
Old 04-04-2010, 11:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RTR canada
I just got a f104 f60. Does any one know how to get the foam rims and tires to fit?? The front hits the king pins
You simply have the ride height set too low, even though that sounds silly because the car is still jacked way up. The front kingpins hit the rims if you set the ride height adjustment spacers too low when the front tires are new and very large. Just rearrange the spacers until the kingpins clear the rims.

The same unfortunate issue arises with rubber tires because their outer diameter is so large.
Old 04-05-2010, 03:43 AM
Tech Rookie

Cool let me know about the lotus decals
Old 04-05-2010, 05:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Tamiya F60 body spare parts
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya F104 Pro!-ta-9005963.jpg   Tamiya F104 Pro!-ta-9115267.jpg  
Old 04-05-2010, 07:55 AM
bl4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi need adverise which esc is suitable for this 2WD kit: Ko Propo VFS-1, Hara Twister 2.2, Lrp QC3, QC2, IPC V8.1? Damper Spring soft use short or long? Part number for the front soft spring? Thks
Old 04-05-2010, 08:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bl4
Hi need adverise which esc is suitable for this 2WD kit: Ko Propo VFS-1, Hara Twister 2.2, Lrp QC3, QC2, IPC V8.1? Damper Spring soft use short or long? Part number for the front soft spring? Thks
because of mounting space requirements, I'd rule out the LRP IPC v8.1 the rest will work fine assuming you are running silver can and lipo since you'll probably never hit the low-voltage point running a silver can motor - unless you're out there in excess of 15 minutes

personally, i'm going with my Tekin B1 yes, I know its 'technically' an 18th scale brushed speedo - but the B1 has been used in 12th scale and even some 10th scale TC without failure...plus with its super-small size, its perfect for the F104 - not too mention, one of the fastest guys at my track had great success with it don't hurt either
Old 04-05-2010, 08:46 AM
bl4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks for the adverise. I be will running on Tamiya Fomula tune motor.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

So wish I could get one of these.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bl4
Thanks for the adverise. I be will running on Tamiya Fomula tune motor.
The LRPs and Nosrams are pretty good and the footprint are small enough for F104. Not forgetting Tekin

If you are low on budget, the MC330R works good too.

The KOs are great but I need a setting card to get the best out of it. Whereas, the LRPs and Norsams allows easy setting.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I just gotten a set of the new options tires by Tamiya.

The package say to use the Hard front with Soft rear for slight understeer and they provide a optimum temp chart for the tires to perform.

Anybody tried them yet? Some feedback please.

Also, if i choose to use a different insert what is the difference as to using a harder insert vs a softer insert? Sry am not very good with rubber tires settings.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:03 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi guys I have a setup question to everybody. It seems like I have the opposite problem like most of you guys. My car seems to push/understeer a lot. We are driving on a carpet indoor track and it seems like I can't keep up with all the others in the infield. To get arround the corners I have to drive slow and have to take the corners wide. It seems like I get not enough weight on the front tires.

Here is my setup:

F104 Ferrari F60

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_m...8023&sid=20068

- Type A foam tires
- soft gold M chassis spring
- 200 weight Tamiya Oil
- 3 whole shim in damper
- teflon friction plates with no grease
- kit springs on the front
- 1 degree camber
- 0 degrees toe (neutral)
- jack the gripper for saucing ... half on the fronts/full on the rears
- kit T-bar
- rideheight in the fron 4mm 5.5 in the back

I don't know what the problem is but I need more corner speed to be competitive. Can it be that because of the soft setup in the rear not enough weight gets transferred to the front while breaking? The other problem is this track is bumpy as crazy and so the car should be soft in the rear otherwise you loose contact on the fast straight.

The car is also really twitchy for that I will try more Expo the next time like most of you guys recommended.

Anyone ideas about the problem?

Thanks

Steve
Old 04-06-2010, 11:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Steve Pertuch
Hi guys I have a setup question to everybody. It seems like I have the opposite problem like most of you guys. My car seems to push/understeer a lot.
Thanks
Steve
I would try more camber and a stiffer center spring, maybe thicker shock oil if the heavier spring is working for you.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Steve Pertuch
Hi guys I have a setup question to everybody. It seems like I have the opposite problem like most of you guys. My car seems to push/understeer a lot. We are driving on a carpet indoor track and it seems like I can't keep up with all the others in the infield. To get arround the corners I have to drive slow and have to take the corners wide. It seems like I get not enough weight on the front tires.

Here is my setup:

F104 Ferrari F60

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_m...8023&sid=20068

- Type A foam tires
- soft gold M chassis spring
- 200 weight Tamiya Oil
- 3 whole shim in damper
- teflon friction plates with no grease
- kit springs on the front
- 1 degree camber
- 0 degrees toe (neutral)
- jack the gripper for saucing ... half on the fronts/full on the rears
- kit T-bar
- rideheight in the fron 4mm 5.5 in the back

I don't know what the problem is but I need more corner speed to be competitive. Can it be that because of the soft setup in the rear not enough weight gets transferred to the front while breaking? The other problem is this track is bumpy as crazy and so the car should be soft in the rear otherwise you loose contact on the fast straight.

The car is also really twitchy for that I will try more Expo the next time like most of you guys recommended.

Thanks

Steve
A smaller front tire will help cure the twitch.
More sauce on the front, and sauced for longer than the rear will give you more steering.
Adding damping to the pod plates will also give you more responsive turn in.
I prefer the option B-front with Kit (A) rear
I would also recommend running the front higher than the rear, and the black front springs for carpet.

Last edited by RedBullFiXX; 04-06-2010 at 12:57 PM.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:16 PM
Tech Rookie

its really weird that everyone recommends to run higher in the front than in the rear. What really happens when you run like this? I mean how does it affect the car?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.