Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 07:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shane Parker
Hey, I have a question about adjusting the timing in Speed Passion motors mainly the 21.5 Competition V3. I know to change timing you must buy a different sensor. If I bought the +20˚ green sensor would it be 20˚ moved to the right all the way or is the sensor itself +20˚?

Shane
I have the same question about the 10.5R motor, is the timing adjustable at all? Or do I have to buy a new sensor board? And who sells the sensor board?
Old 03-30-2014, 09:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hello to all,
can someone help me?
Someone has parameters for ESC speedpassion GRANTURISMO PRO 2 for fast tracks? 119 FIRMWARE MOD.
Thks in advance

Pigio
Old 03-31-2014, 08:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hopefully someone can help me out here.

I purchased a Reventon Pro esc and MMM motor. I got it all wired up and everything worked just fine. I Hooked the esc up to a friends Lap top to change to firmware to Stock0 for a race I have coming up and now I lost all throttle and I cant even get the ESC to hook up to the computer? It just says connecting pc. I updated the firmware on the LCD card and no luck. I did not hook it to the computer with the battery plugged in ether. Any ideas?
Old 04-01-2014, 01:43 AM
Tech Regular

I need help understanding the slope rate in stock 1 hybrid boost.
Old 04-01-2014, 03:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)
Exclamation

Originally Posted by NickGroves
Hopefully someone can help me out here.

I purchased a Reventon Pro esc and MMM motor. I got it all wired up and everything worked just fine. I Hooked the esc up to a friends Lap top to change to firmware to Stock0 for a race I have coming up and now I lost all throttle and I cant even get the ESC to hook up to the computer? It just says connecting pc. I updated the firmware on the LCD card and no luck. I did not hook it to the computer with the battery plugged in ether. Any ideas?
Had the same problem myself recently after updating the firmware. I played with changing the programming on it to just about every type/adjustment and the recalibrated the throttle positions and eventually got it to start working again. Not sure how exactly but after tinkering with it for awhile it just started working and has been fine since.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by skater-deez1
Had the same problem myself recently after updating the firmware. I played with changing the programming on it to just about every type/adjustment and the recalibrated the throttle positions and eventually got it to start working again. Not sure how exactly but after tinkering with it for awhile it just started working and has been fine since.
I forgot to add that I cant get into recalibration mode. If I hold the on button to try and get into recalibration mode it just turns back off. Haha. Maybe I will give speed passion a call today and see what they say.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:52 AM
Tech Regular

I have a SP 10.5R motor that runs perfect for about 45 seconds then it cogs and sputters and shuts off. I've tried it in two different 1/10 buggies with the same result, both have SP ReventonR esc's.

I'm in Akron Ohio, where can I send this motor to get checked or rebuilt?

Edit: Nevermind, I'm not gonna send it out.

Last edited by prosport; 04-02-2014 at 05:23 AM.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:24 PM
Tech Adept

Default Speed Passion LCD

Anyone have Speed Passion LCD program box # specpbo1 for sale?
Old 04-02-2014, 05:22 AM
Tech Regular

Does Speed Passion sell different labels for the slide-out list on the LED program box?
I'm running Mod-0 on the Reventon-R, would like to have the correct label in there.
Thanks
Old 04-04-2014, 05:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Guys. Help please.. i have brought a sp reventon pro combo.. i just cant get it loaded on my computor to reconise the lcd card to update firm wear etc.. let alone the esc.. im running windows 7.. it said missing driver?
Old 04-04-2014, 03:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Got it sorted guys.. cheers
Old 04-05-2014, 11:43 AM
Tech Regular

Seems like it's really hard to get answers in this thread. Maybe my questions are just really dumb? I have come up with some answers through searching the thread but some I have not.
Old 04-05-2014, 02:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by prosport
I have the same question about the 10.5R motor, is the timing adjustable at all? Or do I have to buy a new sensor board? And who sells the sensor board?
Timing is a adjustablevia the endbell timing v3.0 motors have a 0-10deg adjustment MMM have 10-20deg boards.

Does Speed Passion sell different labels for the slide-out list on the LED program box?
I'm running Mod-0 on the Reventon-R, would like to have the correct label in there.
Thanks
I don't know but I kind of doubt it but just Email SP about it.

Originally Posted by black blood
Hi Guys. Help please.. i have brought a sp reventon pro combo.. i just cant get it loaded on my computor to reconise the lcd card to update firm wear etc.. let alone the esc.. im running windows 7.. it said missing driver?
Drivers should install with software install, remove it and reinstall as Administrator (right click on the .exe) then follow the firmware update procedure and it will work.

I have done 4 SP Reventons and had no issues so far.

Seems like it's really hard to get answers in this thread. Maybe my questions are just really dumb? I have come up with some answers through searching the thread but some I have not.
It can get a little quite in here.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ok ... got sto1 v21 loaded this morning. Im getting "like" low voltage cut out after 4-5mins of use.. i have even disabled 3.4v low volt cut..no difference.. disabled over heat .... no difference.. my battery volt is 7.4volt (peak over 8.1v) and system voltage runs around 5.8v-6.2v .. im unsure what the issue is.. i run 5300mah 50-100c burst.. any idea guys...

Just a thought... im not running a capacitor that i got with the combo..should i? im not getting any interferance

Ray

Last edited by black blood; 04-06-2014 at 04:10 AM.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Thanks
Sorry the labels are not really sold.

Originally Posted by black blood
Ok ... got sto1 v21 loaded this morning. Im getting "like" low voltage cut out after 4-5mins of use.. i have even disabled 3.4v low volt cut..no difference.. disabled over heat .... no difference.. my battery volt is 7.4volt (peak over 8.1v) and system voltage runs around 5.8v-6.2v .. im unsure what the issue is.. i run 5300mah 50-100c burst.. any idea guys...

Just a thought... im not running a capacitor that i got with the combo..should i? im not getting any interferance

Ray
Ray always run a cap on the ESC.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.