Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Thanks! I'll give it another shot when I get home this evening. Missed the race yesterday because I couldn't put the ESC in blinky mode.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hey guys,
hoping someone can help me out with this one.
I have a SP Reventon Pro combo with a V3 7.5r motor.
Have been having issues from day one with it not running in sensored mode so I replaced the sensor cable but still been having the same issue. Went and gave it a run on Saturday, worked fine for the first pack but chucked another one in and now the speedy wont turn On or Off, I have to disconnect the battery. Even worse now my motor wont run.
This combo is only 2 weeks old and was bought direct from speed passion. I have contacted customer support but still no reply.
I am worried I have fried the motor and speedy.
any tips or has anyone else come across this?
sorry for the long post
Old 08-05-2013, 11:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I still couldn't get my setup to work. After missing the race (on my birthday, no less) and spending hours trying to get this thing to work on three different PC's in my house, I think it's time to cut my losses and send this thing back to A Main. Hope they'll take it back after I've soldered it in to my car.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Hello,

Who and how did you contact us

thank you
SP CS

Originally Posted by weavz
hey guys,
hoping someone can help me out with this one.
I have a SP Reventon Pro combo with a V3 7.5r motor.
Have been having issues from day one with it not running in sensored mode so I replaced the sensor cable but still been having the same issue. Went and gave it a run on Saturday, worked fine for the first pack but chucked another one in and now the speedy wont turn On or Off, I have to disconnect the battery. Even worse now my motor wont run.
This combo is only 2 weeks old and was bought direct from speed passion. I have contacted customer support but still no reply.
I am worried I have fried the motor and speedy.
any tips or has anyone else come across this?
sorry for the long post
Old 08-05-2013, 05:10 PM
Tech Initiate

PM us the phone # or call us at 888-928-1328 and we will walk you through.

SP CS

Originally Posted by Sorcerer001
I still couldn't get my setup to work. After missing the race (on my birthday, no less) and spending hours trying to get this thing to work on three different PC's in my house, I think it's time to cut my losses and send this thing back to A Main. Hope they'll take it back after I've soldered it in to my car.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SP CS
Hello,

Who and how did you contact us

thank you
SP CS
I emailed [email protected] and also
[email protected] as they are the distributer here in Aus. still have not received a reply as yet. I am disappointed as I have heard good things about Speed Passion and you have a great looking product.
thankyou for the reply on here, just wish your emails were as prompt.
cheers Sean
Old 08-06-2013, 02:00 AM
Tech Initiate

Hello Sean,

Please forward any info or email to [email protected], and we will direct you to our Asia division for service.

Thank you
SP USA

[email protected] as they are the distributer here in Aus. still have not received a reply as yet. I am disappointed as I have heard good things about Speed Passion and you have a great looking product.
cheers Sean
Old 08-06-2013, 10:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey guys,

I'm just wondering what speed passion esc would be good for touring car 17.5t stock blinky. I have been looking at the reventon pro but I realized that I could probably spend less money and get the reventon r or s. I'm a little worried about the reventon r only being a 70amp esc, but does it really matter for 17.5 blinky? I hope to be using a speed passion motor as well. Also If I do end up going with the reventon r or s will I have to get a battery with a low c rating, or are the amps of the speed control and the c rating on the battery completely separate?

Thanks,

-Austin
Old 08-06-2013, 04:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AustinH
Hey guys,

I'm just wondering what speed passion esc would be good for touring car 17.5t stock blinky. I have been looking at the reventon pro but I realized that I could probably spend less money and get the reventon r or s. I'm a little worried about the reventon r only being a 70amp esc, but does it really matter for 17.5 blinky? I hope to be using a speed passion motor as well. Also If I do end up going with the reventon r or s will I have to get a battery with a low c rating, or are the amps of the speed control and the c rating on the battery completely separate?

Thanks,

-Austin
Well, the short answer is no, you don't need the Rev Pro to run 17.5 blinky.

That being said, the Pro has more mosfets than the R or the S, and will provide a much smoother power delivery. I've always preferred the top model of whatever ESC I'm running for that reason. I liked the GT2.0 Pro, and I'm a huge fan of the Rev Pro, even for blinky.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

cheers Sean
I have emailed [email protected] twice since june with no reply either. The Australian Speed passion back up in Australia is crap.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:52 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by woozer71
I have emailed [email protected] twice since june with no reply either. The Australian Speed passion back up in Australia is crap.
I sent a stock speedie back via my LHS where I got it and received a replacement in just under 2 weeks from speedpassion au. It had a sensor problem. Maybe you could ring walter rc . They only have 3 month warranty, so the sooner the bettr
Old 08-07-2013, 09:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

To anyone that can help. No really a big problem but I need to squeeze some more speed and throttle smoothness. I'm running a SP 17.5 MMM with a SP Cirtix on a photon with 3.7-3.9 FDR. I played with timing on the motor but I seem to like it at full timing with a 3.85 FDR. I have a reventon club laying around that I was going to use for a F1 build, just wondering if you guys think the reventon would be better?
Old 08-07-2013, 09:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by b20btec
To anyone that can help. No really a big problem but I need to squeeze some more speed and throttle smoothness. I'm running a SP 17.5 MMM with a SP Cirtix on a photon with 3.7-3.9 FDR. I played with timing on the motor but I seem to like it at full timing with a 3.85 FDR. I have a reventon club laying around that I was going to use for a F1 build, just wondering if you guys think the reventon would be better?

Are you running the standard timing board in the motor? You could try the 30 degree board and adjust gearing to the 4.2 - 4.3 fdr range.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xpress
Are you running the standard timing board in the motor? You could try the 30 degree board and adjust gearing to the 4.2 - 4.3 fdr range.
I'm running the green board that came with the motor, I suppose is 20 deg. max. I may try that, I also wonder about the Reventon if it would smooth my throttle out in the low end.

Last edited by b20btec; 08-07-2013 at 10:14 AM. Reason: wrong board color
Old 08-07-2013, 09:52 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by b20btec
I'm running the red board that came with the motor, I suppose is 20 deg. max. I may try that, I also wonder about the Reventon if it would smooth my throttle out in the low end.
The increased timing and numerically higher fdr will mellow the bottom end of the motor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.