Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 09:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrtoulouse
Cool thanks man, just like i thought :-)

Do you have any idea as to the release date in europe for the R version. . Also will the pro be available in black, cuz it kinda bothers me that the R is not :-D Silly, I know, but the orange, judging by the pics at least, seems to not go too well with xray orange, and thus black seems to be the only logical color option for us T3 drivers.

thanks for your time and service :-)
The sun fire orange matches the xray color. It is in my car.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by SRW141
The sun fire orange matches the xray color. It is in my car.
Cool man. Thanks a lot. It makes the most sense too, doesn't it.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:29 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
The S is capable to do software update, just like the R and the PRO. However, since the S is just a 40A unit, even there will be a boost software coming and is capable to be run on the S...but the performance should NOT be even as good as on the R and the PRO. Again...if running a 40A ESC has the same power as the 70A and 140A unit...why buy the better unit?

But I am not sure we will release a BOOST software for the S...simply because I don't think the S can do anything good about running BOOST software. But we might do a very mild version of boost software for the S.
I just received my Reventon S and used the PC to config options. Is there documentation that explains what the differences are between the mod0, mod1, stock0 and stock1. Better yet, is there a Speed Passion FAQ that explains all the differences between the ESC's motors, etc. There is a lot of interest at my track for Speed Passion, but only a few of us are starting to purchase product, and we have been spending a lot time on the Web site, trying to figure out, what we need to buy.

Thanks
Old 08-02-2012, 11:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by miz4
I just received my Reventon S and used the PC to config options. Is there documentation that explains what the differences are between the mod0, mod1, stock0 and stock1. Better yet, is there a Speed Passion FAQ that explains all the differences between the ESC's motors, etc. There is a lot of interest at my track for Speed Passion, but only a few of us are starting to purchase product, and we have been spending a lot time on the Web site, trying to figure out, what we need to buy.

Thanks
Since we do not have all the software release at this moment, I will explain the software name here for you...

Mod0 = software for running mod motor (on road and off road). Anything faster then 9.5T. This software does provide brake, then reverse.

Mod1 = software for running mod motor (on road and off road). Anything faster then 9.5T. This software does NOT provide reverse, ideal for true racing environment.

Mod2 = software for running mod motor especially for OFF ROAD use. Anything faster then 9.5T. Better brakes and throttle setting for off road using. This software does NOT provide reverse, ideal for true racing environment.

Stock 0 = BLINKY version (ROAR approval pending)...no timing software, no reverse.

Stock 1 = BOOST/TURBO software for both on road and off road use. Ideal for STOCK motor racing with boost/turbo for both on and off road. Possible to be used with mod motor but special knowledge and experience on RC racing are required. (Software is NOT YET been release, still under testing..)

Most of the above are listed under the ESC manual on page 6....
Old 08-02-2012, 11:54 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Rojna
whats the eta for the Reventon Stock Club Race ESC
or
will the Cirtix Stock Club Race ESC be back in stock any time soon ??

Also will any of the old set up boxes work with the Reventon Stock Club Race or will I need a new one for it ??
Reventon STOCK CLUB RACE should be coming soon...I think middle of August.

REVENTON SCR will required its own box (Ciritix box will not be able to work)...however, this time, the SCR can be adjusted via the setup button on the power switch. Or...you can purchase the optional programmer box for the REVENTON SCR.

Reventon S and R will come with the USB loaded LED box...Reventon PRO will come with the Professional LCD box. Again, REVENTON has its own program and non of the old GT or CIRTIX will work, but it is all included with the REVENTON ESC when purchased.

If you purchase the REVENTON S and R, the programmer box that came with the ESC will be able to work with the REVENTON SCR. So, it might be a better idea to buy a REVENTON R along with the SCR so you can use the included programmer box from the R to program the SCR ESC.

Cirtix SCR will be back in stock early September, but I think the REVENTON SCR will be instock sooner....
Old 08-02-2012, 12:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Whats the price on the REVENTON SCR ??
Old 08-02-2012, 01:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

These 2 options are fairly used by our driver. Go ahead and determine your timing and gearing base on the size of your track....keep an eye on the motor temp and use fan is necessary.
Thank you for the advice. The track we run on is concrete and is very low grip. The infield is tight and twisty and there is a long straight about 50 feet in length where we can go flat out. At the minute i'm running the motor at 10 deg timing with a roll out of 65.47 and a gear ratio of 3.02 and the motor only gets up to around 45 - 50 degrees C. I already use a SP high speed fan and SP heat sink on the motor. A bit of overkill at the minute perhaps but I prefer to keep the motor cool.

I'll call my local Speed Passion supplier today to see if he has these parts in stock and i'll give them a go tonight if possible.

Cheers
Tony
Old 08-02-2012, 01:57 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Rojna
Whats the price on the REVENTON SCR ??
$70ish USD
Old 08-02-2012, 02:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Since we do not have all the software release at this moment, I will explain the software name here for you...

Mod0 = software for running mod motor (on road and off road). Anything faster then 9.5T. This software does provide brake, then reverse.

Mod1 = software for running mod motor (on road and off road). Anything faster then 9.5T. This software does NOT provide reverse, ideal for true racing environment.

Mod2 = software for running mod motor especially for OFF ROAD use. Anything faster then 9.5T. Better brakes and throttle setting for off road using. This software does NOT provide reverse, ideal for true racing environment.

Stock 0 = BLINKY version (ROAR approval pending)...no timing software, no reverse.

Stock 1 = BOOST/TURBO software for both on road and off road use. Ideal for STOCK motor racing with boost/turbo for both on and off road. Possible to be used with mod motor but special knowledge and experience on RC racing are required. (Software is NOT YET been release, still under testing..)

Most of the above are listed under the ESC manual on page 6....
I don't know if my Reventon came with an old Manual, but my Page 6 has a Picture of the wiring to battery, motor, esc and rx. and section starts at 4.2 Brushless Motor Wiring, and then has section 5.0 Throttle Range/Setting/Calibration. Is there a newer manual on line? If so, can you send me the link, as I cannot find it on your web site.

Thanks
Old 08-02-2012, 03:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default usb driver

pc/laptop cannot recognize program card that came with revention s, do we need a separate driver. I'm running win xp& win 7 32. The esc did not come with cd as shown in manual.
Thanks!
Old 08-02-2012, 03:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by farmbridge2404
pc/laptop cannot recognize program card that came with revention s, do we need a separate driver. I'm running win xp& win 7 32. The esc did not come with cd as shown in manual.
Thanks!
You need to download the file from the speedpassion website for the Speedo. It has all the drivers you need and it has updates.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Hey just ordered a gt 2.1 ex lpf for my mod pan car. Anyone have some feedback on this sucker?
Old 08-02-2012, 08:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Can the Reventon series of ESC's be used with 1s batteries for 1/12th and WGT?
Old 08-02-2012, 08:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

anyone know whe the speed passion site wont let me order? its not showing a option for shipping. and yes i have ordered from them before so i know what im doing.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:13 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Does anyone have some measured rotor strength numbers for the 9.5T-21.5T "stock" style:
1- RS13802NA super7 (pink ring)
2- RS13803NA (red ring)

Assume your meter measures 1270 to 1305 for the std mmm or 1c v3 rotor.

Thanks!

Last edited by hanulec; 08-02-2012 at 10:28 PM. Reason: added part numbers...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.