Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 03:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
Can you make sure your radio throttle EPA or other adjustment are in 100% default position..? Not 110% or 120% or 90%....must be 100%, and redo the whole calibration. And make sure after you are done with the 3 steps setup, you MUST turn off the ESC/Radio and turn back on to test...

Yep made sure throttle side is 100% EPA etc and still doing the same thing, i think its maybe the motor as the screws are the back has rounded off.

But when i got my esc it had no stickers on it, does anyone make a fake sp esc ?
Old 01-30-2013, 03:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alex_evo
Yep made sure throttle side is 100% EPA etc and still doing the same thing, i think its maybe the motor as the screws are the back has rounded off.

But when i got my esc it had no stickers on it, does anyone make a fake sp esc ?
It might, post a picture here and take a look...
Old 01-30-2013, 04:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

[IMG][/IMG]

Capacitor and switch has the speed passion stickers on
Old 01-30-2013, 08:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

i see that your using futaba, did you reverse the throttle? i had a issue with mine and rep said that the throttle had to be reversed, problem solved. hope this helps
Old 01-31-2013, 02:24 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi dose any one know if speed passion would send out warranty replacement as " replaced out of repaired stock. It arrived in Australia in box and Australian agent said he had to remove and send to me out of box he needed box to send other one back. I feel I have same one back because of crack in corner screw. Sort of getting blown off when trying to sort this out but just not sitting well with me. I see on here always good customer service and good warranty work and can't believe this is speed passion policy
" to replace from repaired stock " any one got any knowledge on this sort of situation.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:14 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 1212 (100%+)
Default reventon pro question

Quick reventon pro question but probably pertains to all revtenton series: Is there a throttle curve adjustment somewhere? I want a more agressive setting on the low end.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shanelang
Hi dose any one know if speed passion would send out warranty replacement as " replaced out of repaired stock. It arrived in Australia in box and Australian agent said he had to remove and send to me out of box he needed box to send other one back. I feel I have same one back because of crack in corner screw. Sort of getting blown off when trying to sort this out but just not sitting well with me. I see on here always good customer service and good warranty work and can't believe this is speed passion policy
" to replace from repaired stock " any one got any knowledge on this sort of situation.
"Replace from repaired stock" is pretty common in electronics. If I file a warranty claim on a broken cellphone, I usually get a refurbished cellphone in return. Refurbished is technically "repaired stock". Your distributor might have taken the warranty board out of your case and swapped it with a refurbished board. I would contact your distributor to follow up on it.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigwavedave33
Quick reventon pro question but probably pertains to all revtenton series: Is there a throttle curve adjustment somewhere? I want a more agressive setting on the low end.
I don't believe there is a throttle curve adjustment on the ESC. Usually your radio should have that feature (positive expo instead of negative expo). You could try adjusting the DDRS setting:

Per the Reventon Pro User Manual:

12.2.4 "Digital Racing Response System - DDRS3.0" Digital Racing Mode:
Users can select the system of Level 1 - Level 9. Select from "smooth" to aggressive response system as required. The higher the level, the more punch and aggressive the throttle response. Please note that if you choose "Level 9", a good quality battery pack with high discharge ability is recommended, otherwise the levels will not give the effect expected.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:11 AM
Tech Elite

I used the procedure as on the manual.
1.transmitter on 2.hold down the set button(next to switch)3.turn esc on while holding down button until the led flashes.

When i do that, it flashes plus beeps as described. Throttle on neutral already and i should press the set button again, but nothing happens, red leds still flashing and beeping. Only way to stop it beeping is to turn it off

I used Carson reflex pro, etroniks pulse EX3 pro, Futaba 3PL
I would guess you have a bad switch/button assembly, if nothing else that you have tried has worked.

You said after going into TX setup that when you push the button to wet neutral nothing happens so that would be my guess. I have seen this before on all the brands that use that type of button.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:14 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by shanelang
Please contact your Australian agent and have them send you a replacement bottom case............I do not believe they repair your unit as it will be costing too much to repair anything right now. The unit you received might have a broken lower case only...that happened alot on Reventon PRO due to shipping.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:17 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bigwavedave33
You can try your RADIO EXP setting.....but you should use the DRRS feature on the REVENTON ESC...lower the number, the softer (linear) it goes...when you go to 8 or 9...that will be the most aggressive. Mainly for on road use.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:21 AM
Tech Champion

I don't believe that is a bootleg, just without stickers....

However, you mentioned after your ESC is in the calibration mode (beep beep beep)...your next step is hit that red button one more time without touching your throttle trigger on your radio to lock in your idle position....after hitting that red button again, does that only make ONE BEEP...? Or you have already tried hitting that red button again and it just keep going on beeping..?

If you did that and it just keep beeping...your switch is broken then. Call Speed Passion and we have replacement switch for GT.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Solara
I don't believe that is a bootleg, just without stickers....

However, you mentioned after your ESC is in the calibration mode (beep beep beep)...your next step is hit that red button one more time without touching your throttle trigger on your radio to lock in your idle position....after hitting that red button again, does that only make ONE BEEP...? Or you have already tried hitting that red button again and it just keep going on beeping..?

If you did that and it just keep beeping...your switch is broken then. Call Speed Passion and we have replacement switch for GT.

I managed to configure it as in all the leds flashing as it should when config throttle and reverse

2 flashes throttle, 3 flashes reverse

But the esc/motor just has a mind of its own. After config i switched both tx and esc off and switch them back on, when i push forwards the esc/motor has a mind of its own where it just stutters and the tx has no control i will try get a vid posted up
Old 01-31-2013, 10:06 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi Guys,

I want to know if it's ok to install HW software for V3 in to my SP GT2.0 Pro?
Are they compatible?

Thanks
Old 01-31-2013, 12:35 PM
Tech Master

Question for the SP pros. I have a Reventon Pro in my TC with a 4.5T LRP. After about 3min the speedo all but shuts off and the car powers down to about 1% throttle. There are no lights flashing indicating over heating, but temping the speedo it reads ~180°F on the heat sink. Additionally, after the last run the capacitor was +160°F and the heat shrink surrounding it had began to flow (indicating it was quite hot). I'm using the ESC fan, modified1 software, and the DMTS is at 11.25. Any suggestions?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.