Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 04:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
DRRS is like throttle delay, its kinda cool, I messed with in on my 2wd buggy and even driving it on wet ground, with a setting of 3, it would roll out for like a foot, then ramp up to full throttle.

ATS is your timing setting, the "ramp rate" isn't adjustable with the setting box, you just adjust the max timing you want, the best setting depends on what motor and type of racing you are doing.
I race VTA I have run my DRRS setting full on the track we were on was so big and the streight so long I ran my ATS max with a 4.23 gear and I was topping out just before the end of the streight. I have my throttle travle to max on my TX 150% and the DX3S has a Throttle punch setting I have set to 20% should I even bother with the punch setting or anything else I should change? I went from a Havoc to a GT2.0 so you can guess how confused I am with all the options to do what I want.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:00 AM
Tech Master

Location: Oreganastan Pacific Wonderland home to Indoor Farming
Default sensor

got the sensor today through RC Plus......Thank You!!!!!!!

now for the Duh question....
Are the LPF 2.0's approved by you yet/officially to run single cell voltage 3.7? (I'm setting up to run 13.5 single cell 12th indoor carpet, I have LPF2.0, original 17.5 and 13.5 patiently waiting for v3's)
I want to run a rec pack (12th scale) 5 cell 1/3 AAA ......what's the magic wiring formula to do this? Does the set-up button on the switch play into how this should work?

In the past (GT 1.1 4 nimh cells) I just pulled the red wire....(speedo to rec red wire).....plugged in the rec pack with it's own switch to the rec. To fire it up, I would turn on both switches. To initially program speedo I would hook up motor batt, push and hold button while turning on speedo switch.......to change speedo settings I would pull speedo rec plug from receiver, reinstall said red wire into plug....plug this into program box, with motor batt plugged in, turn on speedo switch, max all settings that needed maxing. turn off, pull said red wire blah blah blah as above.

I sure miss the original thread....knowledge lost to the moderator gods
Just to be sure I have not missed anything I went and reread this entire thread....Andrewdougherty touched on this subject briefly....but I believe he chose to use the booster routine instead. Which makes me think you should still pull the rec red wire.....correct? Two power source paths usually = SMOKE.

pic of last years gt 1.1 setup with rec pack (green) to the left, caps to the right, rec switch behind left front tire, speedo switch behind right front tire. Motor has long since been Upgraded

The Speed Passion Thread-drillit-12l4-spgt-007.jpg

Did I by chance figure it out, or am I still lost in the 70's? Thanks Shawn and Adam!

Last edited by Drillit; 09-02-2009 at 12:25 AM. Reason: more, can you believe it?
Old 09-02-2009, 05:42 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I didn't even read more than one sentence before I saw an issue with your setup.

The GT 2.0 is fine on 1S, I do NOT run the LiPo cutoff because of the low voltage.

As for the radio/esc calibration I calibrated mine BEFORE wiring up the booster. So I set mine up like another 12th/TC/Off Road.

After the radio calibration I wired up my booster and run as per the booster instructions.

If you already have the booster wired up just turn on the esc, NOT the booster for your radio calibration. After calibration then you'll use the booster.

If your using the receiver pack, replace the word "Booster" and put in "receiver pack" lol

As for wiring the receiver pack i have never seen someone run a switch on one. They just wire it directly to the batt plug on their receiver
Old 09-02-2009, 06:26 AM
Tech Master

OKay.......I git the calibration part. Now if using either a booster/rec pack shouldn't I leave the esc switch OFF when the rec pack is turned on?
I should clarify, I am not using one of the new-fangled boosters(tq,novak,etc)of course tq would say "turn on the esc switch if your esc has LiPo cut-off.......but you should check with your esc manufacturer for sure..."

are you ready/willing for phone call ?

Thanks,
Mark
Old 09-02-2009, 06:34 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Drillit
OKay.......I git the calibration part. Now if using either a booster/rec pack shouldn't I leave the esc switch OFF when the rec pack is turned on?
I should clarify, I am not using one of the new-fangled boosters(tq,novak,etc)of course tq would say "turn on the esc switch if your esc has LiPo cut-off.......but you should check with your esc manufacturer for sure..."

are you ready/willing for phone call ?

Thanks,
Mark
I'm on a call right now but give me like 10 minutes
Old 09-02-2009, 06:43 AM
Tech Master

cool.......shawn's got me on hold

crap, my connection failed! I'll be back......
Old 09-02-2009, 06:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Adam, do you guys have an ETA on the 17.5 v3.0 motors? I'm hoping to pick one up before the first state race.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:46 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by M-Technic
Adam, do you guys have an ETA on the 17.5 v3.0 motors? I'm hoping to pick one up before the first state race.
I'll be cutting it close to the state race but i should have some before the race... I hope
Old 09-02-2009, 07:09 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by abailey21
I'll be cutting it close to the state race but i should have some before the race... I hope
Hey Adam Im going to the state race but only on sunday let me know if you want to carpool
Old 09-02-2009, 07:22 AM
Tech Regular

Guys, just bought a Speed Passion GT Pro V2.0 for our indoor season and I am looking to get some setup advice...

The track has plenty of grip and I was planning to go up on the start mode (or DRRS) to about 7 or 8 and put the timing at about 15 - 18.75 degrees.

And then tune for gearing to keep temperatures down. Hoping that this will be punchy enough for the shorter carpet track we run on indoors (slightly shorter than a basketball court).
Old 09-02-2009, 07:33 AM
Tech Master

Default Rec pack / booster

Adam.......Thanks So MUCH !

I got IT.....once all set-up, esc switch ON, and rec batt plugged in to rec (switch ON) red wire left alone/not pulled.....go play

While you'r in Vegas.......who's runnin' Boosters and/or Rec packs?
Old 09-02-2009, 07:36 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by scoyle
Guys, just bought a Speed Passion GT Pro V2.0 for our indoor season and I am looking to get some setup advice...

The track has plenty of grip and I was planning to go up on the start mode (or DRRS) to about 7 or 8 and put the timing at about 15 - 18.75 degrees.

And then tune for gearing to keep temperatures down. Hoping that this will be punchy enough for the shorter carpet track we run on indoors (slightly shorter than a basketball court).
What motor? If it's a 13.5 that sounds about right for a start point

Originally Posted by Drillit
Adam.......Thanks So MUCH !

I got IT.....once all set-up, esc switch ON, and rec batt plugged in to rec (switch ON) red wire left alone/not pulled.....go play

While you'r in Vegas.......who's runnin' Boosters and/or Rec packs?
YESH!
Old 09-02-2009, 08:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wiscnitro
I race VTA I have run my DRRS setting full on the track we were on was so big and the streight so long I ran my ATS max with a 4.23 gear and I was topping out just before the end of the streight. I have my throttle travle to max on my TX 150% and the DX3S has a Throttle punch setting I have set to 20% should I even bother with the punch setting or anything else I should change? I went from a Havoc to a GT2.0 so you can guess how confused I am with all the options to do what I want.
Sounds like a good setup, with a 21.5 you can throw pretty much everything at it
Old 09-02-2009, 08:48 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by MikeXray
Sounds like a good setup, with a 21.5 you can throw pretty much everything at it
Agreed, I would top everything off on 21.5
Old 09-02-2009, 02:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by abailey21
What motor? If it's a 13.5 that sounds about right for a start point
Oops running a 10.5 indoors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.