Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 10:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M-Technic
I think this is proof that the Tekin's settings are just "numbers" and not actual timing values, right? Because they can have up 75 total timing (55 boost and 20 turbo), which would be an unruly amount of timing.
As far as my understanding of timing on motors is concerned there is a maximum limit on timing to 60degrees in a 3 pole motor 180 degrees / 3 it is simple maths and physics, Go back to the X12 motors and the incidences of them going BACKWARDS on too much timing, this was because of the high levels of 'factory' timing built into them, give them too much 'soft' timing and they hit the limit at 60 degrees of timing. Please someone correct me if I am wrong, going back to brushed days same thing could happen on MOD motors if you turned the ring too far. Oops there goes the school teacher in me again

I am guessing that the TEKIN numbers are just that a method of measuring 1/4's or 1/2's of one degree of timing, little like the Maximum on SP being 26.25 degrees.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:29 AM
Tech Regular

Hi,

I've just loaded the V1_508 NO timing to my GT2.1 just to give it try and I'm running the SP 13.5t, I suppose I should really set the motor to 0deg as well to get a proper no timing set up ? and gear it as a guide according to the SP motor instructions ?

Now if I geared my car correctly with the NO timing software could I then use the 528 with the same gearing and then start adjusting/setting timing and boost etc or will the gearing be completley off ?

Thanks.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cherry2blost
I am guessing that the TEKIN numbers are just that a method of measuring 1/4's or 1/2's of one degree of timing, little like the Maximum on SP being 26.25 degrees.
There is no need to guess. Go read the Tekin User Manual and it is fully explained.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:53 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by g12314
There is no need to guess. Go read the Tekin User Manual and it is fully explained.
Why on earth would I read a TEKIN manual when I run SP and HW ESC's seems like a waste of time really

So far in use my car has been just as quick all over the track as other people OF COMPARABLE ability to myself, sure Pro drivers will be quicker possibly but to us mere mortals the SP/HW Speedo's represent phenomenal value for money and bang for your buck
Old 08-23-2010, 11:17 AM
Tech Master

Why on earth would I read a TEKIN manual when I run SP and HW ESC's seems like a waste of time really

So far in use my car has been just as quick all over the track as other people OF COMPARABLE ability to myself, sure Pro drivers will be quicker possibly but to us mere mortals the SP/HW Speedo's represent phenomenal value for money and bang for your buck
Seriously? You questioned the operation of the Tekin and posted incorrect information about how it works. Their manual is FREE and provides some good knowledge on how ESC's work. Then comes this Article of Genius from yourself. Not sure how any of it correlates to trying to help you understand the operation of these ESC's, but this is my last post on this topic as well.

Last edited by g12314; 08-23-2010 at 12:06 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Link?
Old 08-23-2010, 11:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

http://www.teamtekin.com/manuals/RSManual.pdf
Old 08-23-2010, 11:47 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by M-Technic
Link?
http://rcfaq.weebly.com/tekin-rs--hotwire.html

Hopefully its not a waste of your time

Jimmy
Old 08-23-2010, 12:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

http://rcfaq.weebly.com/tekin-rs--hotwire.html

Hopefully its not a waste of your time

Jimmy
Thanks. I read that manual way back when but just like subjects in school, a lot of it has worn off.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCMaster1
Include off-road recommendations in that guide please
We will have some off road setup from the just finished ROAR nataional.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:47 PM
Tech Addict

Seriously? You questioned the operation of the Tekin and posted incorrect information about how it works. Their manual is FREE and provides some good knowledge on how ESC's work. Then comes this Article of Genius from yourself. Not sure how any of it correlates to trying to help you understand the operation of these ESC's, but this is my last post on this topic as well.
Good grief fella you need to calm down a bit, not everybody is disbelieving what you say some other people have points to make, and note I used the word GUESS I didn't question it; merely stated that it was pointless in the scheme of things as far as SP/HW ESC's are concerned to go read another manufacturers instruction manual.

Yes you made a fine Excel document which seemingly correlates well to the actions of the SP/HW software but as far as my reading of this thread goes only ONE person 'IRGO' has suggested it is wrong.

Hopefully that makes you feel a little better and massages your ego a little lol.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

all very interesting, except I thought SP lowered the valve of the max timing to 21.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

Unreal.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

I was wondering... In the newest firmware update is there an actual 1s program to run or is it just better suited to run single cell now along with 2 cell. I will be running a 13.5 single cell NASCAR class on a driveline of 394ft. I ran the 422 and it felt like it need so much to get there with a 1s lipo. I hope te newest will perform. Thanks.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Just because you can program that much timing, does not mean you actually program it in. For Tekin setups we usually would use 40-45 Boost timing (with 0 to 5 on the motor) and 8-12 Turbo. Of course, you need to gear accordingly to utilize it and keep the motor temps in check.

Running a SP setup, I have 10 degree's in my V3 motor, and MAX DMTS timing (so around 36.5 total if you assume 26.5). I assume SC timing is in 1 degree increments, so I add 8 on top of that. So overall I believe I get less timing with the SP ESC, and need to change my gearing a bit from a typical Tekin setup. Would sure be nice in the next revision of the SP software to have a wider range (like 0 to 20) of SC timing options to fine tune the motor operation.
AMTS timing + SC Boost. ummmm 26.25 + 8 I believe =34.25 Total, add in an additional 10 of 'mechanical' timing and you COULD have 44.25 or more depending how much you hate the motor in question
As far as my understanding of timing on motors is concerned there is a maximum limit on timing to 60degrees in a 3 pole motor 180 degrees / 3 it is simple maths and physics, Go back to the X12 motors and the incidences of them going BACKWARDS on too much timing, this was because of the high levels of 'factory' timing built into them, give them too much 'soft' timing and they hit the limit at 60 degrees of timing. Please someone correct me if I am wrong, going back to brushed days same thing could happen on MOD motors if you turned the ring too far. Oops there goes the school teacher in me again

You all guy's seem to not get what i mean't you see cherry2blost calculation
is true, but with some shortage, that i will explain below.

Speed Passion with it's max Timing adjustment setting reach it's timing to
more than 50°, it's programmable logics calculate it self, base on
known it's maximum timing when all maximum Timing applied.
those came with smart SuperCharge Punch at the end.

it's called no limit as it will reach to it's maximum Timing,
depend on RPM Underload Improovement's.
say your will have different end Timing when your car is UnderLoad or not.

So this way you could have impossible to calculate it's end RPM, as it may
range from 40000 RPM ~ 100000RPM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.