Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 09:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dlewis4
anyone tell me what ESC this is and how to program it? I have been looking all over for instructions... but cant find any.

It is a Speed Passion... have the Programming card for it... but no instructions to get it setup with my radio.

Thanks guys...
If you insist that is a Speed Passion speedo (hard to see because of your cell phone picture) That should be a version 1 or V1.1 speedo that is discontinued for awhile....I will have to create a PDF for the manual. I have them at work...will try to post them here tomorrow.

Oh....I actually did this for someone like 2 months ago..V1.1 manual (its the same as V1.0)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/6837235-post1706.html
Old 02-23-2010, 09:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Will SP be waiting on feedback from TITC racers before releasing the new software? Like everyone here I'm super keen to get my hands on it
Old 02-23-2010, 10:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigM
Will SP be waiting on feedback from TITC racers before releasing the new software? Like everyone here I'm super keen to get my hands on it
Firmware has to be approved by test drivers before it can be release. If they are not even being acceptable or there are bugs, SP will not release any of them.

We all see what TOYOTA did for themself. Ignoring the problem does not make the problem disappear.

I know I have the new firmware received and I just need the track time and send over date back to SP. And this set of firmware is the 6th revision/update after the 091110 software. Just so you know SP are working on newer software and did spend a lot of time and try to catch the "fast" one...and hope it will "PASS" them this time.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:19 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by sammies
Ok... got myself a temp gun yesterday... at least now I know for sure how hot i'm running after 5minutes... will have to wait for friday for this bit of info...

I played around with timing yesterday... I was never interested in changing timing on the motor cause of temp issues... but out of curiosity last night, i maxed out timing on the motor with stock timing on the esc (110 software)... wow...WOW... the motor now screams at full throttle... this was a 'tabletop' test.

I think i will have a temp issue for sure this time... made 4 quick pulls bringing motor up gradually to full throttle, and the motor and esc was already warm... motor was registering 36 degrees and esc 40 degrees (celcius)... i know... still a long way to go... but this was a tabletop test though... if on the track with load and all... i just cant imagine... will have to take temp readings every 2 minutes just to be on the safe side.
With the v3 13.5T SP motor and 110 software with timing on motor and ESC at max, the motor is only 52-54 degrees celcius after 5 min (FDR - 6.3)...

With the 107 sw it is another story with the temp...

Old 02-24-2010, 12:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stein Tumert
With the v3 13.5T SP motor and 110 software with timing on motor and ESC at max, the motor is only 52-54 degrees celcius after 5 min (FDR - 6.3)...

With the 107 sw it is another story with the temp...

I think climate plays a part too... u're in norway... i'm in singapore where day temp is on the average 32 degree celcius... well... will know for sure on Friday... keeping my fingers crossed that temp will be within the tolerance range
Old 02-24-2010, 12:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Solara
Firmware has to be approved by test drivers before it can be release. If they are not even being acceptable or there are bugs, SP will not release any of them.

We all see what TOYOTA did for themself. Ignoring the problem does not make the problem disappear.

I know I have the new firmware received and I just need the track time and send over date back to SP. And this set of firmware is the 6th revision/update after the 091110 software. Just so you know SP are working on newer software and did spend a lot of time and try to catch the "fast" one...and hope it will "PASS" them this time.
New Software

There's new software like above they includes Overall calculation.
The mix of those kind software with Speed Passion easiness.
will be Powerful.

so now speedpassion didn't lag of knowledge.

Last edited by irgo; 02-24-2010 at 12:47 AM.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:40 AM
Tech Regular

hello. Can i use softwear 323 to drive mod 6.5 t speedpassion v.3 engine? Or can i use stock 110 or 107?

The new gt2.1 pro stock is it any limits on it? Can i use 6.5t engine on it?? Whats new in 2.1?
Old 02-24-2010, 01:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Zooberg
hello. Can i use softwear 323 to drive mod 6.5 t speedpassion v.3 engine? Or can i use stock 110 or 107?

The new gt2.1 pro stock is it any limits on it? Can i use 6.5t engine on it?? Whats new in 2.1?
The STOCK softwares are for stock motors only.

323 was the previous recommended mod software, although SP now say to use the older 205g software instead.

I don't think we will know the full details about the 2.1 until it is released.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Save setting before updating firmware.

Before Speed Passion Releasing the new software

Save settings

Note :
Do not use this software to upgrade/update your SP LCD PROFESSIONAL.

With these software we will be able to at least save profile setting
in the computer, with SpeedPassion LCD Professional.

the bad news is this saved settings on computers cannot be returned to the ESC or LCD professional.

where you cannot find it at latest SpeedPassion Software and previous Hobbywing software yet.

=============================
At menu "File" there is "Export Setting".
select profile you would like to saved,
then select Export Setting.

it will save your selected profile Setting.

So each Profile (3) must be manually saved one by one.

each profile settings will become text file.

At least it will help you to remember the last settings for now.

Note :
Do not use this software to upgrade/update your SP LCD PROFESSIONAL.
as it's not recomended by SpeedPassion
you can safely use this software to export settings only.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Speedp 3.5T setup

Adam what recommendation would you give for a 3.5T speedp motor setup, in type of lipo's, gear ratio, (spur 84), super capacitor. Currently using the ESC GT2.0.
A complete setup for racing.

thx

Originally Posted by abailey21
Don't we all

if it runs like a bad sensor, and you replaced everything BUT the sensor, more than likely you'll need a sensor.

Don't bother callig me at the shop we have no sensors and our last sales day was yesterday.
I'll keep an eye out for one for you
Old 02-24-2010, 05:00 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pica
Adam what recommendation would you give for a 3.5T speedp motor setup, in type of lipo's, gear ratio, (spur 84), super capacitor. Currently using the ESC GT2.0.
A complete setup for racing.

thx
A slower motor?

Your spur as the only info doesn't help much, what kind of car is it? What's the internal ratio of it? What software are you running on your ESC?

Mod is a little tricky because it's strap the fastest thing to your car and hang the hell on. So there really isn't any right or wrong answer.

I would just make sure you're not running the "stock" software, I would say 205G, and have your timing somewhere in the low to middle settings, and the punch set to whatever you can handle.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:01 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Zooberg

If the "STOCK SPEC" isn't a dead giveaway no your should not use the "STOCK" software in your mod application. I wouldn't even use some of the stock software for anything OTHER than 17.5.

Unless of course you like buying new equipment every weekend???
Old 02-24-2010, 05:03 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by CraigM
Drivers in the states already have been testing it. It should be ready soon.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by abailey21
Drivers in the states already have been testing it. It should be ready soon.
Adam,

The update which is being tested, will that include some new Mod profiles or just a stock update??

Alex
Old 02-24-2010, 05:29 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Me_MrTyson
Adam,

The update which is being tested, will that include some new Mod profiles or just a stock update??

Alex
More than likely just stock, there's no lacking in mod right now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.