Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 01:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Rebuttal

right few quotes and some answers to some of them.....

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
but this thread is for "Speedpassion" products
I am ( or was ) an SP owner, plugged my GT2.0 in one day (using deans) and the thing just went up in smoke... This was before I knew about software and it must have been on whatever it shipped with from the factory, I paid RETAIL UK price for the thing and was told by SP UK that "you must have plugged it in the wrong way" and refused a repair. So having read a variety of comments from HW owners and having confirmed that King Golden and HW were one and the same entity I plumped for an ESC that was LESS THAN 1/2 the price of the SP one for which I recieved zero customer service. Now this is my first post 'bashing' SP as I have always attempted to be grown up about this, but with some of the attacks coming in I thought I would share my personal experiences with you guys.

Originally Posted by dfiantii
I was having the same dilemma within the last few months and asking whether to buy the HW box since it was cheaper and I could find it or wait and get the SP box.

From a business stand point and can see the SP side of it. Liability plays a part in this where you can't endorse the product even though it looks the same because you don't and can't service the product. I can also see the consumer side where it may come down to cost and what works.

I think this is a teachable moment for SP in where when coming out with new products should make it very proprietary so this does not happen again. At the same time just because this is a SP thread does not mean that fellow racers/hobby enthusiasts can't give their experience and what they were able to use and make work without catching flak for it. Maybe the next time this happens again SP should immediately come out with a disclaimer.
*While this product in alot of ways resembles our product we cannot service nor give technical support to this item.*

My remedy was fixed where I held out and was able to get an SP box second hand simply because I like to have product brand matches, not alot of people feel this same way and we should be able to exchange ideas and experiences here without being broadsided by our fellow threadsters.

Just my .02 cents.
+1 on this, no one expects SP to support or service our parts, but considering they cost a fraction of the price of an SP we can afford for them not to. Want SP customer service, buy an SP, want usual Chinese customer service buy a HW.

Originally Posted by Solara
Cherry....understand this instead. In this thread, is all about SPEED PASSION products. There is no reason for any of us (SP employee, test drivers, team drivers...etc) would encourage anyone to use anything that looks the same, act the same but does not have SPEED PASSION name on it, right..? Why would we encourage someone to use the 3rd party product and still GARANTEE that to work? We won't do that, nor encourage ppl to do that..

You can do that because you are the end user with no liability what so ever. If somone's GT2 blew up, smoked or broke because of using some 3rd party item like this Hobbywing programmer....can he/she send the speedo and the bill to you and you will refund the demage to him/her? I doubt you will....

As we stand correctly....end user using HOBBYWING programmer card to flash their Speed Passion GT2.0 Speedo with Speed Passion V1.32 program, you are doing that on your own risk. NOT SAYING that it won't work, but if that doesn't work, Speed Passion will NOT be responsable for any waranty work. Period.

Again....LIABILITY. You are responsable of what you tell him to do, if he has any demage on his equipment, are you willing to pay for all the damage? I highly doubt you will...

We are very welcome about your feedback and opinion, but encourage ppl to use anything that is not SPEED PASSION when the manuel was clearly indicated it must be SP product, you are just throwing that waranty card thru the window......

Beside, Amercian is very good on 1 thing...they know the word 'LIABILITY" very well.
thank you for your kind words here, a reasoned response to a fellow poster. As stated above my SP went up in smoke, likewise one of my HW's did the same, I shipped it back to the ebay seller and he shipped me a new one out, ok I had to fork out for the two way postage but it happened. Not sure if this was a HW CS issue or if it was just a good seller whom I buy lots of equipment from but that was my experience.

If you read any of my prior posts both here and in the HW section I have always stated that you do this at your own risk and have never suggested that SP owners run HW software. Only that 'In my experience, and seemingly many others people besides, the HW box has and does indeed work with SP products, but again these things are always done at your own risk'

This thread, is CLEARLY, about the support of USA customer with Speed Passion Product. Afterall, Rctech is created in USA. Not UK.

Now....about not being able to buy SPEED PASSION products in UK. You have to contact SPEED PASSION UK and find out why can't you....ADAM (in USA) is doing everyone around the world a favor by answering or even selling stuff to Speed Passion customer world wide. He cannot satisfy everyone in this world...if he does, he would be the next President of the United State of America.

I am glad that you shown everyone that your Hobbywing LCD card does work on your Speed Passion GT2.0 speedo with Speed Passion V1.32 program. In the future, those who believed you and purchased the same items and if they do have any problem, it would be nice if you are hang around here in Rctech and help them to answer their question, repair their broken speedo or provide any waranty service.

Again...not trying to be a dick, but you just committed a service that you promised others it will work against what Speed Passion recommand. Period.

And I am totally offended by your last comment about AMERICAN. We are talking about TOY CAR here, please don't bring our country into this and please RESPECT our country, and respect your country and yourself as well. Thank you.
Again please read the above comments, as for the Americans having a selfish view of the world I will stand by that as most American Schoolchildren believe that Africa is a country. I love America and most things for which it stands but lets not kid ourselves here lol.

Before you ask these so called "technical" question....answer me this.

Can you drive a TOYOTA into a LEXUS dealer and ask them to do a FREE OIL CHANGE that LEXUS offer to all of their line-up the 1st year they own the car...?

TOYOTA is the same as the LEXUS under the skin....but are they the same, really?
In answer to this NO I would not, but if I had bought a Lexus and it had blown up and they had refused warranty work, AND Toyota brought out exactly the same car for 1/2 the cost, but told me they were not going to deal with warranty work then maybe my decision would be ruled by my pocket.

But if I knew that they were going out of their way to deny that the cars were identical in every way except for the badge and continued to spread scare stories then I would be very concerned, wasn't going to post this but may as well as I am on an a bit of an angry streak now.

Anyone wishing to rebut this then please do so.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Speed Passion Wireless Power 2010

Originally Posted by irgo
Adam
i have heard the issue
in this 2010 there will be

1) Solo Wireless Power Master Unit
2) Wireless Power Client
Originally Posted by abailey21
no
Speed Passion Source
http://www.speedpassion.net/en/aboutus.asp

why?
could you explain on that ?
Old 02-09-2010, 02:05 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cherry2blost
right few quotes and some answers to some of them.....

I am ( or was ) an SP owner, plugged my GT2.0 in one day (using deans) and the thing just went up in smoke... This was before I knew about software and it must have been on whatever it shipped with from the factory, I paid RETAIL UK price for the thing and was told by SP UK that "you must have pluigged it in the wrong way" and refused a repair. So having read a variety of comments from HW owners and having confirmed that King Golden and HW were one and the same entity I plumped for an ESC that was LESS THAN 1/2 the price of the SP one for which I recieved zero customer service. Now his is my first post 'bashing' SP as I have always attempted to be grown up about this, but with some of the attacks coming in I thought I would share my personal experiences with you guys.

+1 on this, no one expects SP to support or service our parts, but considering they cost a fraction of the price of an SP we can afford for them not to. Want SP customer service, buy an SP, want usual Chinese customer service buy a HW.

thank you for your kind words here, a reasoned response to a fellow poster. As stated above my SP went up in smoke, likewise one of my HW's did the same, I shipped it back to the ebay seller and he shipped me a new one out, ok I had to fork out for the two way postage but it happened. Not sure if this was a HW CS issue or if it was just a good seller whom I buy lots of equipment from but that was my experience.

If you read any of my prior posts both here and in the HW section I have always stated that you do this at your own risk and have never suggested that SP owners run HW software. Only that 'I my experience, and seemingly many others people besides, the HW box has and does indeed woprk with SP products, but again these things are always done at your own risk'

Again please read the above comments, as for the Americans having a selfish view of the world I will stand by that as most American Schoolchildren believe that Africa is a country. I love America and most things for which it stands but lets not kid ourselves here lol.

In answer to this NO I would not, but if I had bought a Lexus and it had blown up and they had refused warranty work, AND Toyota brought out exactly the same car for 1/2 the cost, but told me they were not going to deal with warranty work then maybe my decision would be ruled by my pocket.

But if I knew that they were going out of their way to deny that the cars were identical in every way except for the badge and continued to spread scare stories then I would be very concerned, wasn't going to post this but may as well as I am on an a bit of an angry streak now.

Anyone wishing to rebut this then please do so.
Seriously dude, please stop posting in this thread, you have posted MY private messages asking you to stop posting your xerun and HW banter in this thread and you publicly posted them which is really disrespectful, you keep going on and on about HW, you JUST ADMITTED you don't even own any Speed Passion products yet you continue to hijack this thread.

I doubt very highly that Schumacher UK told you that they wouldn't service your ESC. I work for Schumacher and i know they wouldn't tell a customer that
Old 02-09-2010, 02:05 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

why?
could you explain on that ?
Not at this time I wont
Old 02-09-2010, 02:09 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Ok mr.cherry you need to stop trolling on this thread. One more post and you will get a very nice 30 day vacation.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Not at this time I wont
must be another secrets
Old 02-09-2010, 02:15 PM
Tech Addict

Seriously dude, please stop posting in this thread, you have posted MY private messages asking you to stop posting your xerun and HW banter in this thread and you publicly posted them which is really disrespectful, you keep going on and on about HW, you JUST ADMITTED you don't even own any Speed Passion products yet you continue to hijack this thread.

I doubt very highly that Schumacher UK told you that they wouldn't service your ESC. I work for Schumacher and i know they wouldn't tell a customer that
About 6 months ago I had a long AND heated telephone conversation with a guy at Schumacher who told me that they do not warrant against reverse connection of the speedo, now if I had not been using deans at the time I could have accepted that but theuy would not listen as it happened while the car was stationary.

Have removed the offending image as it was a little juvenile, but to spend £180 around $270 and to be told that no we are not gonna help you is kind of sickening.

There is no support in the UK as their idea of 'liability' seems to be avoid it at all costs, the guy wouldn't give me his name and repeatedly told me that I was being unreasonable in assuming that a 2 month old ESC would be covered and that I would not be expected to pay for a repair of which there was no fault of my own.

Sorry dude but it's the World Wide Web and here seems to be the only place that Speed Passion ( in any of its' forms) deems it reasonable to converse with its' customers.

We in the UK DESERVE the same level of support as those of our American Cousins.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:16 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
Ok mr.cherry you need to stop trolling on this thread. One more post and you will get a very nice 30 day vacation.
Am not and never have 'Trolled' this thread, have rebutted and explained my reasoning, where is the harm in that?

I am hoping that by now posting this someone at SP UK will get off their backsides and offer me some customer service.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:17 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

must be another secrets
When it is ready for public release we'll send out more info
Old 02-09-2010, 02:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

When it is ready for public release we'll send out more info
So it does exist!
Thank's adam, but we are ready
Old 02-09-2010, 02:23 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

So it does exist!
Thank's adam, but we are ready
nooooo you're ready...

Old 02-09-2010, 02:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I think this needs to get dialed back a bit on here. A thread is used for a discussion of ideas, " since when do we decide to tell people to stop posting in a thread because you don't like what they have to say?"

Adam,
I will agree that if cherry is posting private messages between you and him then that is disrespectful and completely wrong and he should apologize for that. At the same time if he found a HW product that works for him just like the SP product which "look" the same he should be allowed to share that with us who may or may not want to take that risk of using it. This is what I was talking about with the disclaimer I was talking about and this issue being a teachable moment for SpeedPassion US. Obviously from his experience with SpeedPassion UK he has a bad taste in his mouth about the experience. It is not wrong to expect the amazing support that you and everyone in SP USA give us in this forum and over the phone in the UK. Sounds like UK is giving SP a bad rep over their.

Mr. MarcosJ,
If cherry is trolling then are you treating irgo the same when he comes on here all the time trying to tell SP USA what they should have and should not have and complaining about why it does not have what Tekin has blah, blah, blah and the list goes on? If your going to suggest bans and the like it should be across the board not just because you dont like what is said. That is why we are individuals and have our own ideas. Bust him out on pm not in front of all of us like you did.

Mr. Cherry,
I totally understand your argument and if its all about cost as well as experience then i see why you went the route that you did. I thank you for sharing your experience with the HW box it let me know that I had other options even though i chose not to go that route. On a separate not though if your posting private messages between you and Adam then that's wrong and uncalled for.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:41 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by dfiantii
I think this needs to get dialed back a bit on here. A thread is used for a discussion of ideas, " since when do we decide to tell people to stop posting in a thread because you don't like what they have to say?"
I wish it could but this has been happening for over 2 years with people hijacking this thread to pimp their own stuff and agenda.

This is just the latest page
Old 02-09-2010, 02:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

OK sounds like I should try and find the SP programming box then. I think somewhere amongst the mud slinging there was a useful response to my question

Is there an ETA for release of the GT2.1 software? I heard from an SP factory driver who has been testing it that it's pretty wild so I cant wait to get my hands on it and give it a run - provided its compatible with the 2.0 of course

This thread, is CLEARLY, about the support of USA customer with Speed Passion Product. Afterall, Rctech is created in USA. Not UK.
Normally I wouldn't buy into the arguing but this comment really irks me. This is the "speed passion thread" in the general section of a global website. The fact that SP USA reps come on here to answer questions doesn't mean it's off limits to the rest of the world. I live in Australia and bought my first SP product yesterday, hopefully you're attitude doesn't reflect that of the company you represent or it could well be the last SP product I buy
Old 02-09-2010, 02:49 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

As of right now we are testing the 2.1 s/w on the 2.0's

When it's ready we'll shoot it out to you

I meant out to everyone, not just you Craig lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.