Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 01:35 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cherry2blost
Well I thought that that was a little harsh, guy was asking a question, seems reasonable enough to expect someone to respect him enough to either answer his question without resorting to insults or to ignore his post until someone can answer it for him.

As this is a seemingly new technological breakthrough it seems reasonable enough to ask questions so as to be able to make an informed decision as to whether the improvements included are enough to make the upgrade worthwhile. I am only glad that it wasn't one of the SP guys addressing him like this because that would put off a potential purchaser.

Just my two pence worth.
+1
Old 01-15-2010, 01:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Well I thought that that was a little harsh, guy was asking a question, seems reasonable enough to expect someone to respect him enough to either answer his question without resorting to insults or to ignore his post until someone can answer it for him.

As this is a seemingly new technological breakthrough it seems reasonable enough to ask questions so as to be able to make an informed decision as to whether the improvements included are enough to make the upgrade worthwhile. I am only glad that it wasn't one of the SP guys addressing him like this because that would put off a potential purchaser.

Just my two pence worth.
I would agree with you if that's what was happening but this is not the first time he's has come in here criticizing SP stuff saying its not like this company or that company.

In retrospect i do agree that I took his questioning to heart because of past criticism. I apologize for my outburst against his questioning not just to him but to my fellow thread readers. It was unprofessional of me to do that.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

Just my two pence worth.
+1
Old 01-15-2010, 01:41 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I can respect that.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cain
I can respect that.
+1
Old 01-15-2010, 01:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dfiantii
I would agree with you if that's what was happening but this is not the first time he's has come in here criticizing SP stuff saying its not like this company or that company.

In retrospect i do agree that I took his questioning to heart because of past criticism. I apologize for my outburst against his questioning not just to him but to my fellow thread readers. It was unprofessional of me to do that.
Well said.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:13 PM
Tech Regular

irgo:
1) One of the design parameters of slotless motors is that the can/laminations/windings are all one "unit", so the aluminum cylinder can itself is not removable.

2) Yes, there is adjustable physical timing on these motors.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have a question, what are the odds on getting these approved for stock applications, also is the design anything like the SP / HW sensorless (380) 540 canned motors (9T etc)

Just wondered because when you open one of these up at is just masses of wire around the can without the layout of the 10.5's etc or am I barking up the wrong tree?

TIA
Old 01-15-2010, 04:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Speed Passion Cirtix Slotless Sensored motors

Originally Posted by Shawn Palmer
irgo:

1) One of the design parameters of slotless motors is that the can/laminations/windings are all one "unit", so the aluminum cylinder can itself is not removable.

2) All sensorless and sensored ESCs will drive these motors yes.

2) Yes, there is adjustable physical timing on these motors.

4) These are mod motors, and typical of all mod motors regardless of build style, the higher the Kv, the less timing advance should be used, as it becomes a point of diminishing returns very rapidly the faster the motor Kv is.

For an example, anything higher than 20deg for 3000kv motor will only lead to excessive heat and slower motor performance. For the 4000kv motor, that line would be at about 17deg. For the 5500 - max of about 12deg, and the 8000 - max of about 8deg.

Advance is used in stock style motors as an advantage to get more out of them since everyone is running essentially the same motor. If you want more power in the mod classes - just run a more powerful motor. No need to overstress things with excessive advance.

5) I'm not sure if the Cirtix rotor will fit in anything else, as it was made for this new Speed Passion motor series.

Thank's Shawn

not critics for this Cirtix i guess that's why Speed Passion named this New Slotless Motor type.

It seem i understand now why are Speed Passion GT2 was made for without
Brushed System, it seem that this Speed Passion Cirtix is the reason in the future for The Speed Passion GT2.

and allowing any pure sensored only ESC to be able to use This Slotless Cirtix is a Speed Passion icon. Rather than other Slotless motor that only work's on sensorless controller.

more Performance, Cooler and Durable with less amps draw.

Excellent.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Speed Passion Cirtix Rotor

6) What is Cirtix Rotor Magnet Type ? is it Neodymium?

7) How many Poles on Cirtix Rotor Magnet ?

8) Will Cirtix Rotor Magnet have an Optional Rotor Magnets?

9) Will Speed Passion Optional Rotor Multipoles Magnet that already available works fit in Critix ?

10) What Size is Critix Rotor Magnet ?

11) Any SpeedPassion Competition Bearing fit on Critix Rotor Shaft back/front?
Old 01-15-2010, 09:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

How many Ballistic owners are running v107 ESC timing at 26.25' (Max) and motor bell 30' (Neutral)? That's 56.25' of timing.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Lately, there's been a lot of talk about how the Tekin is so fast in 17.5 with the new 203 software. Will SP have equivalent software updates that will compete with this and others (ie LRP Stock Spec) in the future?
Old 01-16-2010, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

They are working on it from what we have been told.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
Lately, there's been a lot of talk about how the Tekin is so fast in 17.5 with the new 203 software. Will SP have equivalent software updates that will compete with this and others (ie LRP Stock Spec) in the future?
I run 17.5 with the v2 sp black can motor 107 software in a lpf speedo and others at our local track are running the lrp spx stock spec and ko speedo, I have just as much speed and punch as either of those speedo's. We raced thursday and nobody had anymore speed than I did, can't wait to try a new motor with adjustable timing!

Last edited by Gwoodrc; 01-16-2010 at 03:10 PM.
Old 01-16-2010, 10:21 AM
Tech Adept

how many poles do the SP 17.5 motor have ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.