Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Billy where can we buy these tires?
Old 03-29-2009, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ron Goetter
Billy where can we buy these tires?
Hello Ron, I am still in the process on pricing.

I'm hoping I can get the price down for the ditributors can carry them for the hobby shops, If not everybody will be going through me at SpedWorld Raceway and Hobbies. I do not want the price to go up to high if I use a distributor so I am still working out details.

I shooting for them to be pre-mounted & sold by the middle of April.

Thanks Billy
Old 03-29-2009, 04:15 PM
The Evicerator

Billy... any sort of idea if these tires will be available at your shop in time for those of us who are coming up to the Warm Up race ...?

Originally Posted by YLLIB
Hello Ron, I am still in the process on pricing.

I'm hoping I can get the price down for the ditributors can carry them for the hobby shops, If not everybody will be going through me at SpedWorld Raceway and Hobbies. I do not want the price to go up to high if I use a distributor so I am still working out details.

I shooting for them to be pre-mounted & sold by the middle of April.

Thanks Billy
Old 03-29-2009, 04:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Steve, Billy has the tires rims and the inserts at SWR now. He was selling them to the racers yesterday, but you have to mount and glue them your self for now. Not sure if he will have any left in 2 weeks, I suggest you call or email him to save some for you.

These new SJR's are a sweet setup, and fast for more then one run!!!
Old 03-29-2009, 07:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Billy and I have been discussing this venture for a while now. We always wanted to work together and now we have that opportunity. I am really looking forward to it.
As he said, our standard blues and greens will continue to be sold as a cost effective and competitive spec tire. There are many tracks and events around the world that enjoy competitive racing using the blues as handouts. We are continuing to improve these tires to increase performance and wear even as we speak.
The mounting of the Sorex tires allows us to offer a product to the very high end of the market....an area where we currently don't compete with rubber tires. Billy's goal was to offer a no-compromise tire to the racers. He picked the best tire, combined with the best insert, mounted on our wheel. I'm glad the results have been good so far.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:06 PM
Tech Adept

I have been using Sorex tires for some time now and always thought they are the best racing tires around hands down the only problem I have is getting my LHS to carry that brand because someone have a lock on the Sorex brand tires and was very hard for the small Pop & Mom hobby shop to get because of the lock the company that was bring them to the USA have on them it is a great idea for Speedworld and Jaco to come together and bring the best tire out on the open market I would hope the price will remain at a low price we always expect form Jaco.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Is it posible to just the Jaco Prism wheels?
Old 03-30-2009, 08:59 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

I ran them last weekend at Speedworld in the 36r compound and traction was awsome. Wear is low and the tires looked great after my mod runs. I love the look of the JACO wheels and they're a lot stonger than the standard disc type wheels. Can't wait for the premounts to come out so I can stock up on them
Old 03-30-2009, 08:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XxRONNxX
I ran them last weekend at Speedworld in the 36r compound and traction was awsome. Wear is low and the tires looked great after my mod runs. I love the look of the JACO wheels and they're a lot stonger than the standard disc type wheels. Can't wait for the premounts to come out so I can stock up on them
Seems like the SJR tire has a relatively large air gap, from what I have seen/felt. Is that something that you noticed as well? Also, what traction compound did you use? What was the track temp while you were running?
Old 03-30-2009, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I am also wondering what people were using for tire prep.I have heard from a lot of guys that the tires are legit.Very fast and have great wear characteristics.I am going to try some out tomorrow.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:49 PM
Tech Elite

Sounds great Billy!! You have always been all about the racing, and if nobody has told you recently, then let me say THANK YOU Billy for your commitment and diligence to the racing and the hobby in general. Same goes for Jack and Danny as well. Jaco/SMC has been "looking out for the racers and supporting the hobby" for many years now. I try to post that occassionally when I see the crybabies start beotching and complaining after they crack a wheel on a 2x4 running a 6turn mod with the ears pinned back on full get-it, but it seems I just keep repeating myself so I only flame the titty babies when they really need it.

OK, I guess I should get off my soap box now....
Old 03-31-2009, 08:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racenut123
I am also wondering what people were using for tire prep.I have heard from a lot of guys that the tires are legit.Very fast and have great wear characteristics.I am going to try some out tomorrow.
I would use Buggy Grip...wait until dry...Tweak or 15minutes, then wipe off and run.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Package arrived Billy....
Old 04-02-2009, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You suck Tag, better give me a set!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.