Wiki Posts
Search

75mhz or 27 mhz?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2003, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by disaster999
seriously, who cares? its not most likely that theres gonna be any military action going on around any RC track or whatever.
the reason you should care is not that your gonna get caught but that because so many are using funny channels on 27,the FCC is looking to get this band back from us.They look at us and realize we dont make that much money suppling us with the frequecies when they could let it be used for other communicatios devices.If we abuse our rights and break the law,we end up the losers in the end because they will keep taking these bands{27 ,75,72 }away.So when you use funnies or 40 band,make sure you realize what or who else you could be hurting besides yourself.
Old 12-19-2003, 08:49 AM
Tech Adept

Default 40 mhz

Does anyone have info on 40 mhz????????????
Old 12-19-2003, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default 40mhz

Basically it's available in asian/European countries.

You can order a TX/RX combo from any online store, except in the US.

40mhz there in the US is alloted for the Military or Police (i thinK), that's why it is illegal, but if you are using it and can get away with it, just be careful.

It's just that you are dealing with the Federal Gov't and punishment will be harsh. They could easily find out where the signal is coming from (triangulation) now, also with the help of high tech gizmos, they could spot you like a needle in a hay stack.

One racer is using it, but if a lot goes to that path and causes problems then, you better be prepared to point out your buddies using 40mhz so you will have a partner in playing chess while inside the pen. hehehehehe

I use 40mhz here in PI,but I plan to shift to 75mhz. Its getting congested

Lastly, you could use 41mhz crystals on a 40mhz TX, that way if you get caught, technically you are not in an illegal freguency!!!!! or Band!!

Peace to all and Happy Racing!!! Merry Christmas!!
Old 12-19-2003, 09:47 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: 40 mhz

Originally posted by rollover
Does anyone have info on 40 mhz????????????
i gotta tell you its the best frequency for the state! although its illegal, ive never got caught using it. you wont get any radio hits and glitching problem cuz your the only one useing it..and if you really do get a hit, you know that your receiver or radio has problems and dont have to go thought 100 million steps back to find out the problem!! its hard to get that frequency here, but ordering it from any asian hobby shops is just as easy! and their price is a lot cheaper too!!
Old 12-19-2003, 09:49 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: 40 mhz

Originally posted by tc3rookie
if 40 mhz is an illegal band, where can you get crystals?
get them from asia...seriously...you would only need a set or 2...no one has the same frequency as you!
Old 12-19-2003, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default 40mhz

anyone willing to trade my K0 EX-11 40 Mhz
to a KO EX-11 75d Mhz? Mine comes with 2 LRP Phaser? hehehehe
Old 12-20-2003, 06:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Anyone else here wanna get back running legal frequencies? I have a Futaba 3PJS 75Mhz module and a PCM receiver and a FM receiver I wanna swap.

I thought using an illegal frequencey would be better, but it does give me interference still and I can't use it during sanctioned events.

Would like to swap modules and receivers only, not whole system (unless its for a 3PK =)