fitzpatrick models uk warning

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 05:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ROZKO
Hi!

My friend also payed with paypal.

What is strange to us: shouldnt paypal be the safest way of payment?

If there is no money on Johns account, NO REFOUND of money from paypal?

Nick, any news from you?

Borut

I'm sorry you are having trouble, but here is some advice.

PAYPAL is a scam, the only thing Paypal protects is your CC info from the other person.

Here is what I do. I empty my account after EVERY transaction. This allows me to use my Credit Card not money in my PP account.

If you have a problem, call the CC, get the charges reversed, and then you force Paypal to deal with it themselves.

PayPal doesn't advertise the fact that they will not lose money refunding you money and do not guarantee any safety, if the other person's account is empty, they will not do anything for you.

This case is proof of PayPal lacks of any form of safe guards. Howe can they allow an account that has multiple complaints continue to operate? They don't care as long as they make their % plain and simple.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TwoTone
I'm sorry you are having trouble, but here is some advice.

PAYPAL is a scam, the only thing Paypal protects is your CC info from the other person.

Here is what I do. I empty my account after EVERY transaction. This allows me to use my Credit Card not money in my PP account.

If you have a problem, call the CC, get the charges reversed, and then you force Paypal to deal with it themselves.

PayPal doesn't advertise the fact that they will not lose money refunding you money and do not guarantee any safety, if the other person's account is empty, they will not do anything for you.

This case is proof of PayPal lacks of any form of safe guards. Howe can they allow an account that has multiple complaints continue to operate? They don't care as long as they make their % plain and simple.
This guy speaks the TRUFE!!! +1 +1 +1

I do not ever leave any money in my PayPal account. I do not even prefer using PayPal unless I need to. They are a sham and could care less of what happens. Just keep in mind that any time you open an investigation, they risk losing money from the transaction if the deal is farse. That is why they take as long as possible so they can say "Oh geez, man, dude, we tried but, oh well. Sorry."

Never use PayPal unless you REALLY have to and trust the seller on a personal basis. Otherwise you are pissing your money away.

Also, as someone else said earlier, legal actions will sometimes never get your money back. More often than not, they will just say to be careful in the future and send you on your way. This is not the olden days where if someone messed with your money, you kick their door down and burn their place to hell. However, if you guys that got scammed meet up and make a class action lawsuite against him, you will get results a bit faster. Not too fast, but a little faster.

Just food for thought.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:34 AM
Tech Regular

Yep, that sounds about right.

In the UK last year there was a massive hoohah about all of this with sellers who did not deliver on expensive concert tickets. Predictably the tickets never arrived and by the time the customer asked for their money back the seller had closed all their bank accounts and disappeared with the cash. What did the card companies and paypal do? Nowt.

The best thing to do is just to be careful.

Like I said before John's a nice guy, seems genuine to me and is probably having major problems. Just be glad his site is still in existance giving you a glimmer of hope.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Its true,paypal doesnt refund if seller acount has no funds.
June 2008 I've bought a mi3 topdeck from this same seller,3 weeks later I was still wainting to receive it.I had to open a paypal dispute and some days after paypal closed this dispute argueing lack of funds on sellers account.
I keep emailing the seller and I had my topdeck shipped.
Pure luck,from what I can read from previous posts.
Sorry for you guys that are in trouble with this seller,hope you have your money back or goods shipped.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:15 AM
Tech Regular

I agree about paypal ... not keen at all.

For the US guys, we use different words from you and have a simplier process.

We call it a small claims

See here

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/i...aims/index.htm

The bottom line, you need the UK address and if he/she does not defend, you win ... it costs more to send baliffs but they are not always sucessful.

The only 'harm' this will do to the defendant, it will stop him/her from obtaining any credit, as this will be register as a County Court judgement on their credit history.

The credit history is becoming more and more important to the UK consumer. Bad history will cause a decline of mobile phone contracts, changing gas/elctricity supplier, new credit cards, unsecured loans, interest free loan deals, car loans etc etc ... it is normally very bad news and causes lots of problems.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:19 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by JRXS_chris
Yep, that sounds about right.

In the UK last year there was a massive hoohah about all of this with sellers who did not deliver on expensive concert tickets. Predictably the tickets never arrived and by the time the customer asked for their money back the seller had closed all their bank accounts and disappeared with the cash. What did the card companies and paypal do? Nowt.

The best thing to do is just to be careful.

Like I said before John's a nice guy, seems genuine to me and is probably having major problems. Just be glad his site is still in existance giving you a glimmer of hope.
too many problems in too many periods of the year...for me is a thief
Old 03-29-2009, 11:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Update - still nothing
Old 03-29-2009, 12:34 PM
PaZ
Tech Master

Been following this thread since day one and keeping my fellow racers updated with it on our local club website, sorry to hear all your misfortunes i guess i got lucky, ive only ordered once from them in an emergancy nobody else had them in stock, fitz had plenty, my sorex's decided to give up on me so i ordered 2 sets for me and a friend, took 3-4 weeks to arrive was told the server went down and orders were lost. After the 3rd week of running on borrowed rubbers and my friend who had paid me the 25 quid askin me every day where his money and parts were i ordered of microtech just to give to my friend, cost me another 27 quid but they arrived the next day. Im really sorry to hear whats going on out there and i really do hope something gets done for you guys
Old 03-29-2009, 01:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by PaZ
Been following this thread since day one and keeping my fellow racers updated with it on our local club website, sorry to hear all your misfortunes i guess i got lucky, ive only ordered once from them in an emergancy nobody else had them in stock, fitz had plenty, my sorex's decided to give up on me so i ordered 2 sets for me and a friend, took 3-4 weeks to arrive was told the server went down and orders were lost. After the 3rd week of running on borrowed rubbers and my friend who had paid me the 25 quid askin me every day where his money and parts were i ordered of microtech just to give to my friend, cost me another 27 quid but they arrived the next day. Im really sorry to hear whats going on out there and i really do hope something gets done for you guys
Thanks Paz for helping by telling your fellow races whats happening.
Its seems that fitz is doing the same things all the time.
Once the server is down , once he haves problems and so on.
I was hopping that maybe he will be more professional and do something ( like do refunds to somes or like to borut to send what he ordered since he haves it in hes site ) .
Also when he responded to the forum and told me that he is trying to fix things i gave him another chance and stop posting for a while .
But now i dont know , if i dont see any results soon i will take different actions.
By the way it will be nice if racing-cars can tell us if he is an official reseller of there company since he haves there logo in his site.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:09 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi!

I really dont understand how his web site is still welcoming new buyers.

There is still "paypal verified" and "speed passion" logos on his site.

Again i can see he is still constantly changing his web shop.

Last time i posted his stock of motors is 10, now he changed the price of motor and no quantities visible?

http://fitzpatrickmodels.co.uk/fpmod...oducts_id=6603

What more can i say?

Borut
Old 03-30-2009, 06:05 AM
Tech Addict

Did anyone notice the post on the top of the website

WE ARE CURRENTLY RE-DISIGNING AND FULLY STOCKING UP THE WEBSITE WITH 100% SCHMACHER PRODUCTS THE TIME FOR THIS WILL BE FOR THE WHOLE WEEK, ALL STOCK IS SHOWING IN STOCK THIS IS WRONG PLEASE EMAIL BEFORE YOU BUY TO CHECK STOCK
THANKYOU
have read through this thread as obviously dont want to lose money also but if the guy is 100% legit and has been the victim of fraud then im guessing his focus currently is perhaps of cue and more into saving his buisiness at home, i know this is wrong customer service and such but if it were reversed and your whole future was in jeopardy because of some cyber criminals where do you think you would be putting all your effort towards, what the guy has done is wrong in trying to save face by saying he has products and maybe he doesnt but then again maybe he has sent them tbh 2 weeks post is not that long for bog standard royal mail, also worth a mention is the fact a lot of companies will not post to Italy due to the high level of post stolen there no offence i have seen it so many times on EBAY that seller wont post to Italy, I had a similar experience with a UK shop where i phoned up and ordered some parts and then they never turned up so i phoned up and the guy said he couldnt remember the order, after a little while after i went through what we discussed he remembered but after the call still forgot to send out the products, i was spitting tacks but luckily enough no money changed hands suffice to say i found somewhere else but i later found out the guy had actually been taken seriously ill and admitted to hospital, i guess all people have priorities, anyway i hope you guys get a resolved solution to the problem wether it be by arrival of products or refunds as it is very annoying to pay and get nothing back.

p.s. i dont live in the UK and i dont trade with the shop but hindsight is a bitch and can bite you on the arse
Old 03-30-2009, 07:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slow coach
Did anyone notice the post on the top of the website

have read through this thread as obviously dont want to lose money also but if the guy is 100% legit and has been the victim of fraud then im guessing his focus currently is perhaps of cue and more into saving his buisiness at home, i know this is wrong customer service and such but if it were reversed and your whole future was in jeopardy because of some cyber criminals where do you think you would be putting all your effort towards, what the guy has done is wrong in trying to save face by saying he has products and maybe he doesnt but then again maybe he has sent them tbh 2 weeks post is not that long for bog standard royal mail, also worth a mention is the fact a lot of companies will not post to Italy due to the high level of post stolen there no offence i have seen it so many times on EBAY that seller wont post to Italy, I had a similar experience with a UK shop where i phoned up and ordered some parts and then they never turned up so i phoned up and the guy said he couldnt remember the order, after a little while after i went through what we discussed he remembered but after the call still forgot to send out the products, i was spitting tacks but luckily enough no money changed hands suffice to say i found somewhere else but i later found out the guy had actually been taken seriously ill and admitted to hospital, i guess all people have priorities, anyway i hope you guys get a resolved solution to the problem wether it be by arrival of products or refunds as it is very annoying to pay and get nothing back.

p.s. i dont live in the UK and i dont trade with the shop but hindsight is a bitch and can bite you on the arse

Sorry, don't mean to be insulting, but people like yourself facilitate people like Fitz.

Read the thread, more than one person has posted that they were given the same BS excuses at different times.

If, which I doubt it's true, he is a victim of fraud- customers still come first. If you are too small to make good on those promises maybe he is in over his head and should close the shop for good.

His problems are not his customers. They order something he ships, everything else is irrelevant.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:43 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TwoTone
Sorry, don't mean to be insulting, but people like yourself facilitate people like Fitz.

Read the thread, more than one person has posted that they were given the same BS excuses at different times.

If, which I doubt it's true, he is a victim of fraud- customers still come first. If you are too small to make good on those promises maybe he is in over his head and should close the shop for good.

His problems are not his customers. They order something he ships, everything else is irrelevant.
Your insult as intended is taken and shrugged broad shoulders and all that

I have read all the posts and im not agreeing with what he has done one bit, what im saying is be careful what you say and how on account of the fact you will only ever have a percentage of the truth , i dont agree with the way he has treated his customers i stated that but there is always 2 sides to any story my mum taught me that 30 years ago and still does, everyone applaudes Nick on here who knows this guy from adam really and im not knocking him at all as on the whole he appears to have stepped in and really helped what you dont know is the realtionship between them before hand they might actually detest each other and this is ample oppurtunity for some pay back!!!!! again i hope everyone gets what they rightly should either product or refund as this is not the way to carry on.

peace all

Old 03-30-2009, 12:36 PM
Tech Initiate

hello to all .... we have to do something more for our money
Old 03-30-2009, 01:47 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by slow coach
Your insult as intended is taken and shrugged broad shoulders and all that

I have read all the posts and im not agreeing with what he has done one bit, what im saying is be careful what you say and how on account of the fact you will only ever have a percentage of the truth , i dont agree with the way he has treated his customers i stated that but there is always 2 sides to any story my mum taught me that 30 years ago and still does, everyone applaudes Nick on here who knows this guy from adam really and im not knocking him at all as on the whole he appears to have stepped in and really helped what you dont know is the realtionship between them before hand they might actually detest each other and this is ample oppurtunity for some pay back!!!!! again i hope everyone gets what they rightly should either product or refund as this is not the way to carry on.

peace all

And so they should.. I am God!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.