Like Tree9Likes

T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 10:22 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by E.J. Evans
Pics of helmets from last year...

The helmets for this year will be nearly the same, with the art work being the main difference.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Timmie
I have experience with the Soft and Medium compounds. I have just started testing the medium compounds on asphalt, since it is starting to warm up where I live. Air temp when I tested them was 50F(10C), track temp was 66F(19C). 13.5 bl running v.203 Tekin.

Grip was really consistent through out the run. They didn't have the initial grip of a brand new set of Sorex, but rather started off strong and finished strong as well. I like how they are consistent and don't fall off quick. Makes me feel more confident in what to expect from the tires during a race, and allows a setup to be easier to make work.

I want to try to hard compounds soon. From what I've been told, they are the hot ticket on asphalt. But, I've been trying to hold out for the new rims too
Has anybody tried the Solaris tires on carpet? And how do they compare to the Sorex tires.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ghostman24
Has anybody tried the Solaris tires on carpet? And how do they compare to the Sorex tires.
I know Timmie has been running them on carpet for their points series. I've been running CS22s or Sorex24s on carpet and tried the soft Solaris tires on carpet. They were very good. They were less agressive than the other two but lap times were the same. We have some pretty hard barriers and I cracked a couple of the rims. Tried to replace the rim and it didn't turn out too well. The tires were very consistent from one run to the next and throughout the whole run. I was running them in stock and mod with three heats of each and the mains. They held up well all day long.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Has anyone run the bullet style lipo packs in the Top car? I have only run packs with wires. Seems like the top deck would be a issue. Will the new ip 5600 50c bullet packs work without having the pack outside of the top deck? I know these have a recess where the connectors are. Wondering if the packs will slide in under top deck.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:29 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)

look at

page 131 post 1961

and

page 137 post 2042

it should help alot
Old 03-16-2010, 06:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

mrrcguy = slider from Top Gun

Dondor = maverick
Old 03-16-2010, 06:43 PM
Tech Regular

I use the bullet style plugs. I put spacers on the back of the battery brace to space it out. This picture will show it.

Last edited by ghostman24; 06-12-2011 at 03:28 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I know the newer version of the medium topdeck was redesigned for bullet type plugs.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Those are the coolest trophies ever!
Old 03-16-2010, 08:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ghostman24
I have been using them for a while now as Tony said. I love these tires on carpet. I actually just retired the ONE set of Soft compounds I've been using. 60+ runs and they still are gripping awesome, but I toasted the front right tire goofing off with some oval guys

Brand new Solaris's are worth maybe a tenth or two over some really well used sets. That is one of the cool things about these tires. Lap times stay consistent through out the life of the tire. I have taken care to document the tires performance with lap times and pictures as well. Take a look a few pages back on the Solaris thread to see the information.

These tires also perform excellent against other brands of tires too. At my local track, 17.5 drivers use a range of different brands. These tires don't have weird quirks like, super fast at the beginning of the run....no grip at the end. They start fast, and end fast. As far as comparing against Sorex, the Solaris tires don't pick up the groove like Sorex do. If you have a dark groove at your track, I've noticed the Sorex being really caked up after a run. A lot of the time this causing the car to start pushing bad or get really loose at the end of the run. The Solaris tires pick up stuff too but it doesn't seem to effect the lap times. Personally, I have pulled the same hot laps with both tires. The difference is consistency in the run. I pull the same lap times at the start of the run as I do on the last lap with the Solaris.

The Solaris tires are now the spec tire in a spec class I started at my local track. The spec drivers love them. And in the other classes people are starting to want to try them out as well. Try them out, I know you will like them.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Timmie
I have been using them for a while now as Tony said. I love these tires on carpet. I actually just retired the ONE set of Soft compounds I've been using. 60+ runs and they still are gripping awesome, but I toasted the front right tire goofing off with some oval guys

Brand new Solaris's are worth maybe a tenth or two over some really well used sets. That is one of the cool things about these tires. Lap times stay consistent through out the life of the tire. I have taken care to document the tires performance with lap times and pictures as well. Take a look a few pages back on the Solaris thread to see the information.

These tires also perform excellent against other brands of tires too. At my local track, 17.5 drivers use a range of different brands. These tires don't have weird quirks like, super fast at the beginning of the run....no grip at the end. They start fast, and end fast. As far as comparing against Sorex, the Solaris tires don't pick up the groove like Sorex do. If you have a dark groove at your track, I've noticed the Sorex being really caked up after a run. A lot of the time this causing the car to start pushing bad or get really loose at the end of the run. The Solaris tires pick up stuff too but it doesn't seem to effect the lap times. Personally, I have pulled the same hot laps with both tires. The difference is consistency in the run. I pull the same lap times at the start of the run as I do on the last lap with the Solaris.

The Solaris tires are now the spec tire in a spec class I started at my local track. The spec drivers love them. And in the other classes people are starting to want to try them out as well. Try them out, I know you will like them.
Thanks Timmie I will have to give them a try. I like a tire that is cheaper and lasts and is consistant through out the run.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

ty where are you getting you info
it take a mean hit to brake a steering block
i hit the sweeper at horsham full out never broke a steering block
the only thing i see brake is the bell crank.
larry fairtrace sr
Old 03-17-2010, 10:31 AM
Tech Regular

ran my car this week 1st time on foam tires
the car was great
started good and kept getting better.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:56 PM
Regional Moderator

Default TOP GUN SHOOTOUT EVENT

REDRC.NET made the official race announcement today so I thought it was time to start a thread for the event. Read the announcement at the link below.

http://www.redrc.net/2010/03/top-gun...-announcement/

The thread for the event is located in the "Racing Forum". The link below will take you there.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-f...formation.html

Those who may have questions about the event can find there answers here in the weeks to come. RedRC will also be covering the event and providing the world with the results.

No matter if you plan to attend or if you just want to help promote the event in some way to show a little love for the guys at TOP and TOP USA, lets keep the thread active and maybe do a little smack talking...

You may also show your intent to attend by using the Event Banner/Avitar as your Avitar. I posted it a page or two ago.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:42 PM
Tech Champion

Gift ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.