Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 08:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Top Racing

I made the change from the cyclone in this last week to the photon. All i can say is Right decision.

The build went really smoothly. The fit of all parts was mainly good. Its a really nice car. Even better in the flesh.

I ran the car for the first time on wednesday and it had loads of initial steering on the kit setup. The corner speed it carries is amazing and it just seemed to grip in a differant and better way than the cyclone. I tried Hpi pink and silver springs and the car felt better for me but there the springs ive ran for a long time.

Im very new to the car and have read every page of this forum in the last 2days. Now i feel like i know a bit.

Just need a good setup for Rubber (sweep 32) on carpet on a fairly tight track. I found on the cars first run that it had a bit too much steering and that it was eating away the front tyres away alot. It turned in amazingly but then it really oversteered mid corner and the back end was unstable mid corner and then i didnt have enough steering on corner exit.

Im really pleased with the car just need to know what direction to go in for setup.

-Jonny
Old 10-02-2009, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jonny123
I made the change from the cyclone in this last week to the photon. All i can say is Right decision.

The build went really smoothly. The fit of all parts was mainly good. Its a really nice car. Even better in the flesh.

I ran the car for the first time on wednesday and it had loads of initial steering on the kit setup. The corner speed it carries is amazing and it just seemed to grip in a differant and better way than the cyclone. I tried Hpi pink and silver springs and the car felt better for me but there the springs ive ran for a long time.

Im very new to the car and have read every page of this forum in the last 2days. Now i feel like i know a bit.

Just need a good setup for Rubber (sweep 32) on carpet on a fairly tight track. I found on the cars first run that it had a bit too much steering and that it was eating away the front tyres away alot. It turned in amazingly but then it really oversteered mid corner and the back end was unstable mid corner and then i didnt have enough steering on corner exit.

Im really pleased with the car just need to know what direction to go in for setup.

-Jonny
Hi Jonny,
Can you post your setup?

I'm going soon to a small indoor track. It's also a tight track.

Greetings Emiel
Old 10-02-2009, 10:27 AM
pmc
Tech Adept

Hello

wish is the difference between this two belts for the TOP PHOTON:

TC-PDT007M and TC-PDT007B

Best regards:
Pedro Silva
Old 10-02-2009, 11:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Emiel,

Basically the car has only been run once and i'm on the kit setup apart from i tried Hpi pink and silver springs although i'd like to run the TOP springs

heres a nice sense of comunity on here.

Thanks
Jonny
Old 10-02-2009, 11:22 AM
Tech Master

Hi Emiel,

Basically the car has only been run once and i'm on the kit setup apart from i tried Hpi pink and silver springs although i'd like to run the TOP springs

heres a nice sense of comunity on here.

Thanks
Jonny
Hi Jonny,

I got a setup from someone. I can send it to you.
I didn't try it yet but I will soon.

I only use the original springs.

Gr Emiel
Old 10-02-2009, 11:28 AM
Tech Regular

Hi Jonny,

What track are you running on? I ran mine for the first time last weekend on a 20x10m carpet track (11 sec laps) and I found the kit setup pretty good, but steering was a bit vauge on exit. That was on Sorex 28's. Aren't the 32's a bit hard for carpet in autumn? Are they gitting enough heat into them?

I tried a change to the ackerman had an imediate impact, but I'd say try some stuff because the car seems very responsive to changes!

I'll be trying some more stuff on Sunday and if I find some good stuff I'll post.

Looking forward to seeing some of the setups from Dennis, Fairtrace and Schreff!

Cheers,
Chris.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks Emiel and Chris,

I run on a simular size track you mentioned chris during the week. I race in the derby area. The Sweep 32's seemed to be working really well ive never got on with sorex 28's the cyclone never seemed to like those tyres. But i'll try some on the photon.

The kit setup has some weird values on it which im not used to like the spacers under the outer roll centres on the rear hub carriers. Why is this used? Spacers arent used in this positions very much.

Where do you race chris?

Thanks for your help guys.

-Jonny
Old 10-02-2009, 12:28 PM
Tech Regular

I Race at Milton Keynes.

The shims on the rear upright are not unusual and they give you more scope for adjustment when the lowest position on the inner holes is limited by the mounting system (which is ace!)

The Sweeps (previous (non-yellow) versions) aren't very popular around here. They don't generally offer as much grip on non-permanent indoor tracks, and do tend to break traction less progressively. But if that's what works at your track then I'm sure you'll get the Photon to work with them. Also consider the new Sweeps which I think have a slightly different rubber, different inserts and different compound yellow rims.

Cheers, Chris.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

-Jonny

Might want to try antidive or laying down the rear shocks.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

After my last post about the spool, I got to thinking about if I could mod the current spool to use pins instead of screws... and the answer is yes. I had to mod the cups a little to allow the bearings to slide along further and reveal the hole but otherwise this was a pretty easy mod. I haven't tested it yet, hopefully it'll work

Originally Posted by kschu
Roche Top Photon Spool ready to ship now....

Please contact me for further informations....
what are the cups made out of?
Attached Thumbnails T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car-picture-004.jpg   T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car-picture-003.jpg  
Old 10-02-2009, 09:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigM
After my last post about the spool, I got to thinking about if I could mod the current spool to use pins instead of screws... and the answer is yes. I had to mod the cups a little to allow the bearings to slide along further and reveal the hole but otherwise this was a pretty easy mod. I haven't tested it yet, hopefully it'll work

Craig not bad an ideal....
Old 10-03-2009, 03:03 AM
Tech Regular

Default RC

Originally Posted by prodriver
Hi Guys the Titanium racing parts really transform the car. The drive shafts are ultra light and extremly smooth. And the spool is perfect no breakages!!

Cheers

RC
...need to speak to you urgently re. your Photon R.C.

Can you pm me your contact number as the one I have seems to have been disconnected.

If anyone else has R.C's contact number, can they PM it to me asap.

Thanks,

Keith.
Old 10-03-2009, 05:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigM

good !
Old 10-03-2009, 09:52 AM
Tech Adept

Where can I find an editable setup sheet in pdf form

Thanks
Old 10-03-2009, 10:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pmc
Hello

wish is the difference between this two belts for the TOP PHOTON:

TC-PDT007M and TC-PDT007B

Best regards:
Pedro Silva
It is a designation between the two different belt manufactureres, the belts are identical

Last edited by odpurple; 10-03-2009 at 10:34 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.