Search
Like Tree9Likes

T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 06:04 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by marcel p
omg wat a sh,.t chasis
if i want to turn on the screw off the suspenton mount the insert turns with it so you wil get al uneqal rol center.

The inserts are keyed, so there is no way for them to rotate inside the mount. Go back and check everything - don't worry about the fact they aren't alloy like the drawing in the manual

Old 06-29-2009, 06:14 AM
Tech Regular

its not that they spin in the mount.
but they turn with the screw about 1/6 of a turn
its not much but we were better of with inserts with a center hole i think
or ame i a tiny to precies
Old 06-29-2009, 06:30 AM
Tech Master

It could be due to translation but one minute your saying the insert is turning, the next minute your saying it doesn't... It's one or the other, but the answer is that the insert DOESN'T turn inside the mount.

If you are saying that the whole suspension mount turns slightly as you do it up, then I would say that it possible - BUT there is no way it could get to 1/6 of a turn if you have everything mounted. The suspension arm should be in place when you are doing up the screws for the suspension mounts.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Originally Posted by vr01
It could be due to translation but one minute your saying the insert is turning, the next minute your saying it doesn't... It's one or the other, but the answer is that the insert DOESN'T turn inside the mount.

If you are saying that the whole suspension mount turns slightly as you do it up, then I would say that it possible - BUT there is no way it could get to 1/6 of a turn if you have everything mounted. The suspension arm should be in place when you are doing up the screws for the suspension mounts.

Actually i had this problem too. It was a simple solution. I was WAY over tightening them. All I needed to do was loosen the screw again then retighten them without over doing it. all is good now.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:54 AM
Tech Regular

oke thank you .
wil try tightening it les hope it wont come loose
the building is coming to an end my smile is coming back
Old 06-29-2009, 07:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nocif13
this week i have broken my steering crank that my taste is soft, so I replaced with the steering crank of which is identical MI4 and stronger and i use bloc caster 2° tamiya
Are those 416 C-hubs?
Old 06-29-2009, 09:03 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I think they're Evo 5 C-hubs. Part number is 51106 for the 2 degree. They're different to the 416WC C-hub.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hello
why are the suspension mount inserts made of ugly and ultra hevy steel.
an not alu as they say in the manual.
sadly i found to manny disapoindmend in tis car.
hope the driving make up with it
if i want to turn on the screw off the suspenton mount the insert turns with it so you wil get al uneqal rol center.
If they are steel its because the aluminum ones strip out too easily or are not tough enough. From what Ive seen the inserts have two flat spots to index them to the mounts. And if you look closely you will see that the inserts are drilled off center so that there are more roll center adjustments. Make sure they are oriented correctly. Good luck my friend!.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:40 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by CanyonCarverR1
Are those 416 C-hubs?
no tbevo4 ms
Old 06-29-2009, 09:58 AM
Tech Regular

I'm doing a report on the disappointment some changes I made I give you the link
Old 06-29-2009, 10:08 AM
Tech Regular

PICTURES OF C HUB AND STEERING bloC
Attached Thumbnails T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car-p5300124.jpg   T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car-p5300125.jpg   T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car-p5300127.jpg   T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car-p5300128.jpg  
Old 06-29-2009, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

marcel - They only turn if you really, really crank down on them. If you tighten them normal then there is absolutly no problem at all. The origional ones (prototype) were softer plastic but with the harder plastic there is no trouble - It's an electric TC, not a real car...lol... Put away the pry-bar!!

nocif - I believe the shoulder for the castor block inserts are supposed to go against the steering blocks. Why do you have the top one put in from the top side of the castor block?? Do you use a servo saver?? I did not at the Reedy Race and had no troubles but on most tracks (with boards) you need to use a servo saver. Of course, we will probably make an alloy version of this part since people are breaking them.

The inserts were made steel for two reasons - #1 The car is incredibly light so we don't need the weight saving. #2 They were a little more safe from bending/crash damage than the aluminum ones. I didn't have any trouble but EJ did when he used some titanium screws in the suspension mount inserts (aluminum ones). I think if you use the steel screws it is perfectly fine but being the low weight of the car we rather be safe. I think TOP will offer the aluminum ones as an optional part.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:32 AM
Tech Regular

josh

I do it because the plastic modification of these 2 parts for me are very fragile and bad bill for me. my opinion is to me! or nothing to say about all of the photon, I just corrected the negative 2 points that I find preferable to improve
i dont use servo saver
regards
olivier
Old 06-29-2009, 10:39 AM
Tech Master

I don't understand how putting the insert on the top side fixes the problem though?? Now you have a gap/play at the bottom and have to be really careful not to overtighten the ball stud and screw from binding/crushing the castor block......

I'm off to dinner... I'll be back in a bit and then back to the US tommorow.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:52 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
I don't understand how putting the insert on the top side fixes the problem though?? Now you have a gap/play at the bottom and have to be really careful not to overtighten the ball stud and screw from binding/crushing the castor block......

I'm off to dinner... I'll be back in a bit and then back to the US tommorow.
I USE insert and caster block tamiya ,we see a space between the two because I have not finished the wedge

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.