Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 05:23 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by pakk
I think it's more important that EJ and TOP are always working on this car keeping it the highest level of competition possible.

EJ's car had so many "prototype" parts it almost looked like a completely new car. I wish some of you could have seen it. EJ put a towel on his car, looked at me, and said,"no photos."
Hope its not a new car just got my photon and want to get some good use out of it before its out of date.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J SiN
Hope its not a new car just got my photon and want to get some good use out of it before its out of date.
I wouldn't worry about that. Enjoy your car and share it with us here.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:43 AM
Tech Adept

I will take a pic once its all back together again. Its all pulled to bits to get rebuilt on a new chassis after I cracked one on the weekend.

Im adding a few hotup bits this time. Mainly better bearings.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by J SiN
J Sin - Your car will not get bad or jealous if a new model comes out
Old 09-01-2011, 07:18 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by *SBH*
J Sin - Your car will not get bad or jealous if a new model comes out
I do understand that but who likes racing with a old model car even if its a few months old.

I would have waited if there is a new car in the works thats all.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:30 AM
Tech Master

wait
Old 09-01-2011, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'd wonder if TOP would change all that much, like the last change maybe another new chassis (everyone seems to want narrow now), with a few revised parts.

Kind of like my Photon the way it is though, so many of the current features work for me, could live with TOP shaving some parts prices though...
Old 09-01-2011, 07:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bishop
I'd wonder if TOP would change all that much, like the last change maybe another new chassis (everyone seems to want narrow now), with a few revised parts.

Kind of like my Photon the way it is though, so many of the current features work for me, could live with TOP shaving some parts prices though...

Any time you think you are paying too much for a part, just look at the prices of some xray parts. It won't seem like much at all after that
Old 09-01-2011, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

I did just that a little while back, where I shop - Xray T3 11 chassis $86, TOP Photon LiPo chassis $89.

People go on and on about the benchmark price of the Xray, but if your web shopping Xray prices come down in the international market (I noticed in shops like Amain you yanks get raped), but TOP prices stay the same, result is TOP 'is' Xray pricing.

I get the love for the car (I still love mine), but the blind eye turned on it's pricing for a brand that never sees a lot of international sponsorship or entry numbers, seems somewhat strange to me.

Note that I did some searching, and found it interesting that for a Japan brand you basically can't buy TOP gear direct from Japan, which is odd, though it suggests TOP aggressively protect their pricing, in other words TOP parts cost the same like 'everywhere', and no one seems to discount them, strange in this current world market yes/no?.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I did just that a little while back, where I shop - Xray T3 11 chassis $86, TOP Photon LiPo chassis $89.

People go on and on about the benchmark price of the Xray, but if your web shopping Xray prices come down in the international market (I noticed in shops like Amain you yanks get raped), but TOP prices stay the same, result is TOP 'is' Xray pricing.

I get the love for the car (I still love mine), but the blind eye turned on it's pricing for a brand that never sees a lot of international sponsorship or entry numbers, seems somewhat strange to me.

Note that I did some searching, and found it interesting that for a Japan brand you basically can't buy TOP gear direct from Japan, which is odd, though it suggests TOP aggressively protect their pricing, in other words TOP parts cost the same like 'everywhere', and no one seems to discount them, strange in this current world market yes/no?.
Top is from Hong Kong I thought?
Old 09-01-2011, 09:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Tokyo hobbies Optional Parts sounds like a Japanese company to me.

Bishop, yeah I was referring to stuff like this
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...enter-Orange-2

or where you get one xray arm for the price of a front and rear TOP arm.

Most of my friends drive xrays. Ever since they found they could use TOP rear belts, they have been buying them (or raiding my spares) instead of xray ones to save a few bucks.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

Tokyo hobbies Optional Parts, based out of Japan.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by locked
Bishop, yeah I was referring to stuff like this
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...enter-Orange-2
$38 where I'm buying parts from, but it's a mixed bag, I see some Xray being more expensive, but a few TOP parts are very expensive for what they are, really though Xray support is huge, and you can get there gear anywhere, we just don't get that with TOP, so it's harder to swallow the extra if you get what I mean.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

$38 where I'm buying parts from, but it's a mixed bag, I see some Xray being more expensive, but a few TOP parts are very expensive for what they are, really though Xray support is huge, and you can get there gear anywhere, we just don't get that with TOP, so it's harder to swallow the extra if you get what I mean.
Smaller Company > Smaller Distribution > More expensive parts that aren’t as easy to obtain.

Fortunately that usually isn’t the case. Most top stuff is significantly less expensive than xray parts. There are exceptions to any rule obviously but generally I would say that xray parts are crazy expensive.

There are many places to buy Top parts in the states. Amain and Top USA probably have everything you would need. And that’s just 2 places.

Those camber link mounts from Xray for 51 dollars is hilarious. I think you can get the basic same thing from top for about 15 bucks for 2
Old 09-01-2011, 11:38 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Being a retail top driver is cheaper than being a b-team xray driver. I know.

Certain things xray isn't gouging everyone for... and they are the same price as top

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.