Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

http://www.ppdbillet.com/
Old 11-22-2009, 05:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kraig
thank you.
what type of lipo you all using?
i just bought a lightmax 4000 25c pack.has the bannana plug style.
i was wondering if anybody used this style pack.and if any of you do.how did you by-pass the top deck to get the plug into the battery?
Old 11-22-2009, 06:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by morris
thank you.
what type of lipo you all using?
i just bought a lightmax 4000 25c pack.has the bannana plug style.
i was wondering if anybody used this style pack.and if any of you do.how did you by-pass the top deck to get the plug into the battery?
Hey Matt, I emailed you a picture.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

as for carpet racing:

I had a german indoor national qualification race this weekend.
Car was really good.

attached you will find the setup and a picture of the track[/QUOTE]

Hey Martin...For the setip for the german indoor national qualifiers. What front inner link shims did you use. It doesn't say on the setup, unless it is 0mm.

Thanks,
Old 11-25-2009, 04:17 AM
Tech Master

oh sorry if I forgot that

it'S 2mm
Old 11-28-2009, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You guys see the ETS race pics of Ronalds car? Looks like he's sporting a new Lipo chassis and 416 spindles. Plus he flipped the belt as well.

I want that new chassis!!!

Wonder why the use of 416 spindles? The Yokomo axles are direct fit to them. But the spindles require slight filing to fit them in the caster blocks. Perhaps they are looking for different ackermann setting. The 416 spindles make the steering links 2mm longer and slightly more forward.

Cool to see Umino out there racing and supporting the team. Perhaps we'll get better parts for racing on carpet/rubber. Glad to see Yokomo taking it more serious.

I just want that new chassis!!!
Old 11-29-2009, 03:02 AM
Tech Master

we are using a standard car apart from the chassi
Old 11-29-2009, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

i think he change to tamiya c-hub n knuckle is to gain more tighter corner steering... as he mention he can go faster if his car can turn more tighter than his rival tamiya....

i did some mod on d knuckle in order to make d car can turn tighter .....file around 2mm on d knuckle. then u can turn up your left/right steering travel more....this gv u more tight corner steering....
Attached Thumbnails New Yokomo TC, the BD-5-dscn2425.jpg  
Old 11-30-2009, 12:58 AM
Tech Master

We did not use tamiya chubs at all! We tested tamiya steering knuckle but those give less steering and are only slightly easier to drive when the car is traction rolling

that's it
Old 11-30-2009, 03:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Martin Hofer
We did not use tamiya chubs at all! We tested tamiya steering knuckle but those give less steering and are only slightly easier to drive when the car is traction rolling

that's it
oh. seem like traction roll can make d race really terrible....
Old 11-30-2009, 05:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Agreed. I saw the video...looked like Ronald's car was tipping everywhere. Martin did you guys figure that out? I had read that the setup was the same as when he TQ'ed. Maybe traction came up a lot!
Old 11-30-2009, 10:28 AM
Tech Master

well yeah teh setup was pretty much the same all the time but we couldn'T get rid of traction roll really ... that kicked me out of the a-main
Old 11-30-2009, 12:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JimmyMac
You guys see the ETS race pics of Ronalds car? Looks like he's sporting a new Lipo chassis and 416 spindles. Plus he flipped the belt as well.

I want that new chassis!!!

Wonder why the use of 416 spindles? The Yokomo axles are direct fit to them. But the spindles require slight filing to fit them in the caster blocks. Perhaps they are looking for different ackermann setting. The 416 spindles make the steering links 2mm longer and slightly more forward.

Cool to see Umino out there racing and supporting the team. Perhaps we'll get better parts for racing on carpet/rubber. Glad to see Yokomo taking it more serious.

I just want that new chassis!!!
Jimmy,

From the info I get. The chassis will only launch for sales as option parts on first quarter of 2010.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Dear All R/C Drivers,

Team Yokomo Malaysia is having a ''Memoriable R/C Photo Contest" from 1st December 2009 - 31th January 2010.

Open contest to anyone, any brand, any scale and any where from the world with no boundaries.

The Prize for this round is Limited Edition "Thanks Masami Farewell" T-shirt with Team Yokomo Driver Masami Hirosaka autograph on the back of the T-shirt.

Front View.

Back View.

Masami Hirosaka Autograph.

Please feel free to submit as many photo as you want to
[email protected]

It will be great if the photo come with a short description about the photo.

And please complete few simple survey questions at below and submit together with your name, country of origin and the photo to our email.

1. Your first R/C car brand and model?
2. Your favourite R/C driver?
3. You prefer Nitro or Electric powered R/C model?
4. You are a offroad or onroad guy?
5. What do you think about the future of R/C?

All participants photo will upload in Team Yokomo Malaysia Blog for viewing.

Terms & Conditions

• The judges will pick the best photo and will announce the winner of this contest on 1st Febuary 2010.
  • By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions and judges decisions are final and binding. No correspondence will be entertained.
  • Team Yokomo Malaysia reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions of the Contest at any time without giving any prior notice to any party.

Source 1: Team Yokomo Malaysia

Source 2: Hirosaka.jp

Last edited by Elwyn Lee; 11-30-2009 at 12:27 PM.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:20 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Martin Hofer
on carpet I always use 0.5mm rollcenter shims, and higher rollcenter traction rolls just as much as that. actually 0mm rollcenter rolls less with regular tires

I doubt this setup will work anywhere else as the carpet is super strange and the Xenon tires are HUGE

if traction roll occures very minor you can just drive smoother and/or put some more shims under the front inner camberlink ballstud
hello Martin,
during last weekend we had a race using the Xenon28 tyres and a lot of drivers had the problem with the traction roll.
Reading your tips we have "solved" (no at 100%) on the our BD5 putting the shims under the front internal camberlink. But reading the setup theory (if i'm not wrong) i understood that for reduce the front grip we should remove the shimes instead to add shims. But at the end your tip is correct so the question is why the theory is wrong or why adding shims on the front we are reducing the traction roll?
Thank you for your answer or for anyone else that can give an explanation for this...also my be i wrote a stupid question but i can't find the right answer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.