Wiki Posts
Search

New Yokomo TC, the BD-5

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

http://www.yokomoamerica.com/

Looks like things are moving along fast, I checked this same address before and it wasn't registered......

Can't wait for the site to be operational...
Old 03-10-2009, 04:02 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Francis M.
http://www.yokomoamerica.com/

Looks like things are moving along fast, I checked this same address before and it wasn't registered......

Can't wait for the site to be operational...
neat looking logo.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Delay? That bites arse! haha. Guess I can't debut the chassis at next months series race! Maybe my 416 won't sell by then. Or... I can run my old YR4 M2 at the race for sh*ts and giggles.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by YokomoAmerica
Yokomo USA is a closed entity, and actually our business entity have no affiliation with Yokomo USA. Yokomo America is starting completely fresh and new with new Yokomo chassis platforms (BD-5, B-MAX4 off-road, and rock crawlers), new people behind the business (me!), new business model and new websites. We are still working on the website, and it won't be finished for a few more weeks (middle of march) once it is done, we will start by taking pre-orders for the BD-5.

Steve
Steve, I’m wondering about your reply to B18C Turbo and I have the following questions:

Are you sure you will be the importer for Yokomo products in the USA as Yokomo America? If so, have you announced this to hobby shops or only to consumers?

I have been using Yokomo products since the 90’s, and getting parts from my local hobby shop. Last month I bought a B-Max4 and this month some spare parts. My hobby shop told me that Yokomo USA would continue to supply products including parts for my nitro GT4, until Yokomo Japan appointed a new importer to take over.

So it doesn’t sound like Yokomo USA is closed down if they are continuing to supply hobby shops with Yokomo products.

Is Yokomo America owned by Yokomo Japan?

Has Yokomo Japan changed their USA sales direction, by removing distribution, and selling directly to consumers as an internet discount shop for global sales?

Is Yokomo Japan going to forget their long time loyal customers with older cars, and only support the newest line of Yokomo cars?

Was Yokomo America approved by Yokomo Japan?

Is my hobby shop’s explanation about Yokomo USA wrong?

I was also wondering how you were able to get information about Masami's retirement before it was publicly released by Yokomo?
Old 03-11-2009, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Well I don't mean to step on toes but when Steve Wang says something with regard to r/c touring cars, in my book, he knows what he is saying. Speedtech RC took the touring car arena by storm in my view when Steve opened the online store. I saw his shop being a model of the future for r/c shopping. I have been running Yokomo products since '96 up until the SD chassis. The hobby shops in my area (except one) rarely really know what "the latest" is in regard to a company's direction like Yokomo. They get the parts from a distributor and keep moving. Even the one shop that may know get a lot of info from the customers. I speak from my area of the country. Also in this economy I could see many people cutting out the middle man and selling directly to the public. Middle man (hobby shops) means higher cost to the consumer. Retail in general is going through this transition I believe. See a lot of commercial space open out there these days. No one is going to the malls anymore. Buy the clothes from the online store. So it's not just the r/c industry. People (and companies) are getting back to what matters and that's saving monetarilly across the board.

All of the above statements are my opinion and does not reflect the opinions of Steve Wang and Yokomom America. Lol.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Your too funny.I sincerely hope Yokomo America doesn't dignify this with a response.He already stated what the goals are of Yokomo America.He already said that Yokomo USA is finished as an entity.And why would he as the new sole importer support products in which are discontiued{kits] or unpopular?He is still a business and buying dead stock for a very small amount of consumer base does not make any sense.Any more demands?
Originally Posted by Da Wizard
Steve, I’m wondering about your reply to B18C Turbo and I have the following questions:

Are you sure you will be the importer for Yokomo products in the USA as Yokomo America? If so, have you announced this to hobby shops or only to consumers?

I have been using Yokomo products since the 90’s, and getting parts from my local hobby shop. Last month I bought a B-Max4 and this month some spare parts. My hobby shop told me that Yokomo USA would continue to supply products including parts for my nitro GT4, until Yokomo Japan appointed a new importer to take over.

So it doesn’t sound like Yokomo USA is closed down if they are continuing to supply hobby shops with Yokomo products.

Is Yokomo America owned by Yokomo Japan?

Has Yokomo Japan changed their USA sales direction, by removing distribution, and selling directly to consumers as an internet discount shop for global sales?

Is Yokomo Japan going to forget their long time loyal customers with older cars, and only support the newest line of Yokomo cars?

Was Yokomo America approved by Yokomo Japan?

Is my hobby shop’s explanation about Yokomo USA wrong?

I was also wondering how you were able to get information about Masami's retirement before it was publicly released by Yokomo?
Old 03-11-2009, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default Price

edit...big time....thanks Steve....
i would like to know at some point what extras are included in the kit.

I really want this car (regardless I will get it)...hurry...hurry..

racenut123 - is prob right....wouldn't make sense for Yok America to support US stock on older model. Would hate to see the cost associated with filling the bins for those parts...

Last edited by olhipster1; 03-11-2009 at 09:47 AM.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Like I said "my" opinion. The other cars are $500 sometimes (Corally).
Old 03-11-2009, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

del
Old 03-11-2009, 09:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

The cost of electric RC cars in general are ridiculous!!! Think about it, you can get most gas cars for less than an electric car. Gas cars have way more moving parts and are 2 times stronger. I think this is why 1/12 is making a strong comeback......if you don't think so, look at the entries for the Nats. Not trying to hate on Yokomo or Steve Wang (I'm a regular at SpeedTechRC.COM) but manufacturers now days are on crack......and the kit prices show it.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:42 AM
Tech Initiate

Hello Everyone,

It seems to me that some people are more interested about me, the new business entity of Yokomo America, and what our plans are for the USA market than the BD-5 itself which I find a bit flattering, but in effort to not deviate too much from the purpose of this thread, if you have any inquiries about myself, the business, or anything along those lines, please feel free to PM me on this forum. I will say in advance that I'm more than willing to share information, but please understand that certain information I might have to reserve to keep in confidence.

In the mean time, Yokomo Japan has released a better image of the BD-5, and we were told that no official images will be release yet.

Yokomo Japan will be the only one that will be releasing those on the Japan site is what I'm told (In conjunction with a couple of major Japanese R/C publications) so we'll have to just hang tight and wait a bit.

Steve Wang
Old 03-11-2009, 09:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by olhipster1
del
olhipster1, you have a PM

Steve
Old 03-11-2009, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by The Teacher
The cost of electric RC cars in general are ridiculous!!! Think about it, you can get most gas cars for less than an electric car. Gas cars have way more moving parts and are 2 times stronger. I think this is why 1/12 is making a strong comeback......if you don't think so, look at the entries for the Nats. Not trying to hate on Yokomo or Steve Wang (I'm a regular at SpeedTechRC.COM) but manufacturers now days are on crack......and the kit prices show it.
You'll have one. Lol...
Old 03-11-2009, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

ooo...ayyyyyy...the YOK BLUE is back
I see an aluminum steering plate...
yessssss...
no more broken steering plate...
You just made my day Steve

speculation:
is it my eyes playing tricks on me...or is the chassis itself longer....or spaced out better.
the bumper looks smaller upfront...and space from steering mechanism to motor cutout is super long...
Old 03-11-2009, 12:47 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racenut123
Your too funny.I sincerely hope Yokomo America doesn't dignify this with a response.He already stated what the goals are of Yokomo America.He already said that Yokomo USA is finished as an entity.And why would he as the new sole importer support products in which are discontiued{kits] or unpopular?He is still a business and buying dead stock for a very small amount of consumer base does not make any sense.Any more demands?
he probably has 8-traks at home...and likes his beta-max movies... OR has HD-DVD and is really pissed HD-DVD lost the format war to Blu-Ray.

oh yah John, Ling told me to remind you that you're a failure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.