Wiki Posts
Search

lrp spx stock spec

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 03:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R1wurks
rpm can be used as a safety feature to prevent too much timing from being applied at low rpms. this can help prevent excessive heat.
If RPM is used as a safety feature at **LOW** RPM, then the timing advance algorithm is using Throttle_Position and Current_Draw as the primary algorithm inputs. That makes a bit more sense, and fits in with the technique used in some other speedies.
Old 08-08-2009, 04:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cosmo1974
If RPM is used as a safety feature at **LOW** RPM, then the timing advance algorithm is using Throttle_Position and Current_Draw as the primary algorithm inputs. That makes a bit more sense, and fits in with the technique used in some other speedies.
What other speedo do you know that uses amp draw as an input? And how did you know about it?

Last edited by R1wurks; 08-09-2009 at 12:22 AM.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Ran my SPX with a Trinity Duo 17.5 on friday night and I'm VERY happy with it.
I'm new to stock,but managed to TQ first night with it in my XRAY T2R pro.
It had so much rip out of the turns,I was able to corner very aggressively .
Top speed was similar to the other cars. My roll-out is quite low and motor temp was ridiculously low too.
This week I can bump it up one tooth and see whether the punch drops.

I'm using #8 punch. Zero motor timing. No drag brake.
I also don't use manual brakes either.
Small indoor surfaced concrete on sorex rubber.

Heat sink on esc too.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Red face

Double post
Old 08-09-2009, 01:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default SPX Speedy

Hi Guys,

Got my new SPX Speedy the other day, put it in the car the other night,set to profile 8, no drag brake, along with a trinity Pulse advanced at 12 degrees, also had 5000 lipo.

Did a coupl of laps up the street and back, wow fast!

Went to the track this morning, cool morning, excited about the new speed, went around 2 laps and thought, that seems slow. Went around again, car completely stopped. Got car back to the pits, and the speedy had blown up. ????

Brand new, 2 laps and it blew up.

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED! DO YOU HINK THIS WILL BE COVERED BY WARRANTY.

Regards

Brad
Old 08-09-2009, 02:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OHBRAD
Hi Guys,

Got my new SPX Speedy the other day, put it in the car the other night,set to profile 8, no drag brake, along with a trinity Pulse advanced at 12 degrees, also had 5000 lipo.

Went to the track this morning, cool morning, excited about the new speed, went around 2 laps and thought, that seems slow. Went around again, car completely stopped. Got car back to the pits, and the speedy had blown up. ????

Regards

Brad

Make sure you didnt get the abc wires mixed up. Happened to me in my TC spec and speedo smoked. Would come on and work but barely moved the motor. No, wasnt covered.
Old 08-09-2009, 03:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default mate

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
how big is your track ???

mine is 260m long , fast and flowing and i use 4.0 gearing on profile 7

am i missing something ??? my car is fast but is there something i need to try ??
Phil , your track is similar to our littlehampton track so..........

try profile 7 and 6.29 ratio with the LRP 10.5 lipo . shhhhh dont tell anyone

Mark
Old 08-09-2009, 05:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Regards

Brad
I got six laps out of mine. Stopped and stuttered. Then would light up, but not work. I sent it back and they said it was faulty. They sent me a new one. The only problem is that they were back ordered and took a while to get it to me. It also smoked my motor.

They should cover it. After you send it back, give them a call. They are more than happy to talk with you.

Hope all works out
Chris
Old 08-09-2009, 06:01 AM
Tech Master

Hi Guys,

Regards

Brad
I think you blew your motor. Profile 8 with advanced timing on the motor sounds alot. If you geared heavy, then bye bye motor.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:45 AM
Tech Master

i never touch the timing on my motors

i did once and the temps rocketed !!!!!

the motor was never as quick again

i am out this afternoon at the track again , switched from 4.0 the 6.2 to try but i think it will be slower
Old 08-09-2009, 08:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by R1wurks
i was just trying to explain how this speedo can do what it does & why its so different. about the problem he's having, im not sure but it does look like there might be a problem with his car.(check the sensor wire,speedo,bearings,etc.) whatever it is that doesn't sound normal.
I appreciate your insight. I only wish some of the manufacturers would release such info because for me that is more helpful in understanding how to use their products (or choose which one to buy). As things stand, you have to guess these things or spend a fortune, buy all there is on the market, bench test, experiment ad nauseam and then hopefully have enough data to figure out what is going on. Needless to say I don't have the money so I am reduced at guessing, reading between the lines and so on. This is less than ideal and I am quite uncomfortable to part with my hard earned when I know I am half taking a shot in the dark.

I would really appreciate if you could elaborate a comparison between the two approaches to esc manufacturing which seem to exist on the market at the moment.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I have ran this speedo a few times with no issues but it has plenty of rip in and out of the turns and plenty of straight line speed on profile 8 with 0 degrees of timing on the motor 13.5 duo
Old 08-09-2009, 06:01 PM
Tech Adept

Hi Guys,

Did a couple of laps up the street and back, wow fast!

Regards

Brad
Did you gear down from what you were previously running before putting in the SPX? On average you should gear down 4 to 6 teeth to start and keep an eye on temps. Along with all the fore mentioned possibilities of course.
Old 08-09-2009, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

Default GEAR DOWN

Originally Posted by Tiger72
Did you gear down from what you were previously running before putting in the SPX? On average you should gear down 4 to 6 teeth to start and keep an eye on temps. Along with all the fore mentioned possibilities of course.
Hi,

I actually set it up to the same gearing as my mates car, who happens to run the same car, speedy and motor. He has had no problems at all, i would have thought the motor would have blown up before the speedy would have had problems.

I think there was a problem with the speedy, the car did two laps no more and then stoped.
Old 08-09-2009, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

Default motor

Originally Posted by cyanyde
I think you blew your motor. Profile 8 with advanced timing on the motor sounds alot. If you geared heavy, then bye bye motor.
Motor works fine still, we tested in my mates car. The speedy didn't smell to good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.