Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Now that it's official...If you guys think the lightweight spools out there are light, boy are you in for a treat with the new 415 spool. Weighs almost like nothing. It's an aluminum center shaft (looks like one of those chassis posts) with delrin outdrives that are capped off with the blue outdrive rings. The outrives are keyed with a pin that goes through the aluminum shaft, with the bearing going over the shaft to keep it in place. I don't have pictures but DJ's got them on his car...Tiiiiyt!
Old 05-08-2005, 09:28 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally posted by rtypec
Now that it's official...If you guys think the lightweight spools out there are light, boy are you in for a treat with the new 415 spool. Weighs almost like nothing. It's an aluminum center shaft (looks like one of those chassis posts) with delrin outdrives that are capped off with the blue outdrive rings. The outrives are keyed with a pin that goes through the aluminum shaft, with the bearing going over the shaft to keep it in place. I don't have pictures but DJ's got them on his car...Tiiiiyt!
Sounds nice but also by the description sounds kinda fragile for those of us who tap the walls from time to time. What type of cost vs. what other spools for the 415 cost.
Old 05-08-2005, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Yeh. I'd love to get a Tamiya one of course.... but I'm worried about longevity as well. It SOUNDS nice... but I hope it can withstand the rigours of well.... the odd bump here and there.
Old 05-08-2005, 10:46 AM
Tech Master

But think about it, Tamiya is making this with delrin outdrives, so it soundslike they will be replaceable, and with that said at least you should be able to get the outdrives Separately.

Last edited by tamiyarcracer; 05-08-2005 at 01:48 PM.
Old 05-08-2005, 11:39 AM
Tech Adept

just a quickie, for those who have ordered the new dj pro module suspension, how are you going to get more than 1.5 degrees rear toe on the car when it comes with zero on the hub?
Old 05-08-2005, 12:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

-

Last edited by Obsidian; 05-09-2005 at 10:07 AM.
Old 05-08-2005, 01:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

anyone know when the tamiya spool will be available, if it is already where can i order it.
Old 05-08-2005, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

Sounds a bit too much like the TiR spool to me, no thank you...
Old 05-08-2005, 01:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default LW suspension arms and stock arm

Since I've been rained in for the past three weeks. I have just too much time on my hands..Since we can mix up the DJ rear arms with the LW arms, can we use the front stock arms with the rear LW arms. I ask this because the stock has less slop and is stronger then the LW front arms.
Old 05-08-2005, 01:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Wyd, I dont think your question was answered fully.

The C1, and C2 knuckles ARE the same between the hard and standard materials. They different from each other though. Also this is not what makes the caster. It is the upright itself that make the caster 4 deg.
Old 05-08-2005, 10:00 PM
Tech Regular

Old 05-08-2005, 10:00 PM
Tech Regular

sorry, double post
Old 05-09-2005, 08:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Delrin outdrives will not last, which is why Ti Racing don't even make the Delrin outdrive version of their spool any more (they are all now aluminum outdrives).

Steve Wang
Old 05-09-2005, 09:26 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: LW suspension arms and stock arm

Originally posted by dawgmeat
Since I've been rained in for the past three weeks. I have just too much time on my hands..Since we can mix up the DJ rear arms with the LW arms, can we use the front stock arms with the rear LW arms. I ask this because the stock has less slop and is stronger then the LW front arms.
There is no reason why they shouldn't work! Talked to DJ himself about this question, and he said the kit doesn't come with bearings or shafts. It was designed as an MS hop-up, so if you wanted to use DJ's susp. kit you will have to buy the longer shafts(46)mm, I think and the smaller bearings that go in the rear uprights on the kit! Plus the spacers of coarse to make up the narrow width of the arms. Last Dave said all the testing he did was with the MS, but I myself would think that it would improve the handling regardless of what you have up front! Just my 2$.
Old 05-09-2005, 09:45 AM
Tech Regular

Default Order for the DJ Suspension

Originally posted by SpeedTech
Delrin outdrives will not last, which is why Ti Racing don't even make the Delrin outdrive version of their spool any more (they are all now aluminum outdrives).

Steve Wang
Hi Steve,

Can you help to check on my order? I have not had a reply on the order since i confirmed it for delivery via intl shipment.

The order number is 12934.

Thanks and Regards

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.