Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 07:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by SpeedTech
Hi Guys,

Just want to post a quick note that the DJ Pro-Module Suspension kits are now available.

Also got some new Tamiya hop-ups in stock including the Limited Edition FL Coated blue shocks and the 5mm clamp style blue anodized aluminum hex hubs No more wheel spacers needed!

Steve Wang
Hey Steve, I think you need to update the arm replacement's description since it's very much in black, not blue (OR.. you got the blue arm??? )

Anyone know if it only availiable through Tamiya USA? or also availiable globally? I'm not in States so it's quite important to me if I can get them at LHS.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default DJ's Pro-Module Rear Suspension setup

Just found it on Tamiya USA website:
http://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/ln...odulesetup.pdf
Old 05-05-2005, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default oil

200-700 tamiya oil?

is 200 like 20 weight oil, so on and so on?
Old 05-05-2005, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

The DJPM is one of the best enhancements to this car yet. When this package first appeared during the Worlds in FL I talked to a lot of very experienced racers that had doubts to how well it could work. So much for bench racing.

I was really happy to find that the package does enhance the cars drivabilty and cornering. It was like hitting with a Big Bertha for the first time. Forgiving and a better way to get power transfered.

Definately not bleeding edge r/c engineering.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by ttso
Hey Steve, I think you need to update the arm replacement's description since it's very much in black, not blue (OR.. you got the blue arm??? )

Anyone know if it only availiable through Tamiya USA? or also availiable globally? I'm not in States so it's quite important to me if I can get them at LHS.
Ooops, will take care of that right now.

Also, we are completely sold out on the DJ kit over night, and I will get on the phone with Tamiya and Dave Jun right away to order more in.

Steve Wang
Old 05-05-2005, 10:34 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by alb
Does anyone have the Yokomo part numbers for the front outdrives?

Making ball-diff for foam carpet.
ZS-501 for the plastic outdrives
ZS-502S for the steel

Steve Wang
Old 05-05-2005, 10:34 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by dawgmeat
will this work with foam tires??
I'll have to check with Dave on that

Steve Wang
Old 05-05-2005, 10:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: Battery Brace

Originally posted by gonad
Using the Xray post.
\

Where can we pick that brace up?
Old 05-05-2005, 10:50 AM
Tech Adept

F.Alonso-
The hinge pins are the same as the LW Reversible suspension. At the moment, the Pro-Module system is only distributed by Tamiya America, Inc.

Dawgmeat-
Foam tires will most likely be too wide to fit. I don’t know how effective it would be on carpet with foam tires to be honest. Typically, the set-ups for such are very stiff in comparison to rubber resulting in much smaller suspension travel so you may not see any benefit. Also, on carpet with foam, you’re usually trying to free up the car to carry more corner speed. Traction and stability is usually more difficult to obtain racing asphalt on rubber tires and this is what the Pro-Module System is intended for.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by David J.
F.Alonso-
The hinge pins are the same as the LW Reversible suspension. At the moment, the Pro-Module system is only distributed by Tamiya America, Inc.
God... should know this earlier before it out of stock........
Old 05-05-2005, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally posted by David J.
F.Alonso-
DJ - Are there plans for it to be released worldwide.... or is that based on a demand thing?? Also... I wasn't talking about the hingepins into the toe blocks, I meant on the upright side of the arm, but I can see that there aren't any spots in the DJ uprights to put a grub screw in so I have answered my own question.

Last edited by F. Alonso; 05-05-2005 at 11:32 AM.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

David,
I guess you must be quite impressed, given that the suspension hasn't been on sale for a day... and yet it's already sold out

We're a desperate bunch...

BTW, does it come with a recommend setup?

I ask cause the one you have on the USA site use the fluroescent yellow. Now I can't remember which is stiffer (i have that spring set on an old TA03-FS I have at home), yellow or red? I assume the included red is the same as in that spring kit?

Regards
Ed
Old 05-05-2005, 01:40 PM
Tech Adept

F. Alonso-
At the moment it's only through Tamiya America Inc. but other Tamiya agents can order the system from us.

TryHard-
It’s good to see interest from Tamiya enthusiast for sure. Sedans are continuing to go faster and faster with motors, batteries and even tires that are being released these days. Plus, the sedan category is very competitive in nature so it’s natural for racers to look for a product that can enhance drivability. edit: It doesn't include a complete set-up but the instructions illustrate a general setting. And yes, the yellow spring is out of the #53163 spring set. So is the included red one.

MDawson-
Mark, it was good to hear it resulted in faster lap times for you. More importantly your average lap times seemed to have improved.

Last edited by David J.; 05-05-2005 at 01:52 PM.
Old 05-05-2005, 02:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

thanks david.

One final Q for now... do you have lb/in (or gf/mm) ratings for the fluro springs? Just want to see how they compare to the std ones (and add them in on my chart... useful now they are a legit tunning option )

Regards
Ed
Old 05-05-2005, 02:43 PM
Tech Master

David,

Since this suspension will require much smaller increments in spring rates for a similar wheel rate change, are you guys thinking about releasing a specific range of springs for it (might be a good idea ) ?

Also, as I understand the cantilever on the shock fixation means that the camber change will have an effect on springs and damping rate, have you felt this side effect in your testings and did you think it was an advantage or an inconvenient ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.