Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 06:56 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

What is the biggest 64 pitch spur I can run on the 415? Is a 100 tooth too big.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

415 or 415MS? On the 415 it's 112 I believe. It was just level with the bottom of the chassis. I always ran a 101 spur. On the MS I'm not sure since it has a thinner chassis. So the 112 spur would stick out the bottom. Correct me if I'm wrong....
Old 04-27-2005, 07:06 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Thanks. That will help me out so I can buy a few spurs. Hope to see you at the Wood when we all come down to race the asphalt race we went to last year.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

Here's a quote from a while ago:

"The shock is mounted onto the hub and allows you to run a really soft rear spring. The car is stable when there are low lateral loads as well as entering corners and coming out of them. Mid corner the car carries a lot of corner speed as the suspension compresses and "stiffens up".

There are a number of other benifits that this suspension provides. David could elaborate on it further if/when he has the time. Also, this was tested on asphault with rubber tires and LW front suspension.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Did a search over TamiyaUSA.com but come out nothing. So where to order with? (I'm not in States, so international order is the only way to get it I guess... )

btw, does it fit with 44mm or 46mm driveshaft?
Old 04-27-2005, 07:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by SCML
That sounds logical to me. If this is infact the case, why does everyone like front inboard toe out? I have the MS, and biggest issues I have to over come is lack of steering on tighter tracks. If I run inboard toe out on the front, I'm decreasing the weight transfer to the front on corner entry, which would make the car push (which it already does). In fact, I'm coming to the conclusion that A/A blocks in the front are better than A/D or A/C for tight tracks, though this is only my experience. Since I have gone to inboard toe out on the front, I've found it harder to get the car to turn in and out of the corner, but I've kept it this way because it's what everyone says is better. I'm going to try going back to 0 or .5 deg toe out and see how it feels.

On the rear, having inboard toe in seems it would help keep weight on the front end for more on power steering. My own experience (though minimal back to back) is when I changed from the 0 deg rear hubs and 1.5 deg inboard toe in to 1.5 deg hubs and 0 inboard toe, the car had a lot more steering, everywhere. This is totally unscientific, as it was a different day, with different tires, etc., but I was very surprised at the difference.

Mike
I too driving with front inbound 0 deg toe (D/D combination, front width hit 190mm), front kickup 1mm, very soft front, and large rear downstop (something like 3mm down travel if memory correct). The corner entry steering is very aggressive. I sometimes need to limit steering range from controller to avoid oversteering...

Maybe people with front inbound toe-out doesn't like too aggressive corner entry?
Old 04-27-2005, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

Brian, they just built a brand new larger Drivers stand for "the Wood". So I'm sure if Junior heads down here, he won't slip down the drivers stand again.. Plus I setup a new layout on the track. Not the way I wanted to. But the track owner told me to leave it. So I did.. They are starting up asphalt season this Saturday. But it may rain. I plan on heading up to Debbies near VA Beach for one last carpet race with my BD. Anyways, I'll let yall know when we hold our next Trophy or Money Race down here. Looking forward to you guys coming down again.

So you gonna run the 415 at the TCS up in Maryland? I'm tossed up between my EvoIV or my 415. Last time I ran the 415 up there, it was everywhere. Of course maybe the oneway and rain had something to do with it??
Old 04-27-2005, 08:42 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

I would maybe run the 415 at the TCS but the day of the TCS race is the day I leave on a cruise for Vacation.

Sounds great about the new drivers stand. I hope to have my Spectrum system for my R-1 by then to so I suspect I will actually practice alot more instead of trying not to glitch. I might even be fast this time down.
Old 04-27-2005, 09:25 PM
Tech Elite

That's my problem with the 415MS. I am looking for more on-power steering but everything I do to increase it has detrimental effects on off power steering such as corner entry. It really want's to drift until I get back on the throttle where it is really calm and stable. It's my first electric car so I wasn't sure if this was the way they all handled.

The new suspension sounds like what I need.
Old 04-27-2005, 09:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Re: Tamiya suspension performance part

Originally posted by madjack
Tamiya America hop-up part now available!

RC Pro Module Rear Suspension set:

part #1004

MSRP: $89.99

TCS legal!

And they will be available first through Speed Tech R/C

Steve Wang
Old 04-27-2005, 10:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

That is one weird setup that new rear suspension. I'll wait for others to race with it (Read: F. Alonso) before trying them out.
Old 04-27-2005, 10:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hahahaha...

To be totally honest... I'm quite happy with the LW suspension on my 415 and lets face it... if it was a step up then all the TRF guys would be using it. Rheinard still uses the std arms like at the carpet LRP Masters event. It looks funky... but I think a lil too expensive at the moment for me. Got other things to spend money on... like tyres.
Old 04-27-2005, 11:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Racing4Evo
That's my problem with the 415MS. I am looking for more on-power steering but everything I do to increase it has detrimental effects on off power steering such as corner entry. It really want's to drift until I get back on the throttle where it is really calm and stable. It's my first electric car so I wasn't sure if this was the way they all handled.

The new suspension sounds like what I need.
Did you try anti-squat? Try 2mm under front mount of rear suspension. It should give u a very different weight transfer during acceleration. And dont forget to reduce front down-travel to 0.
Old 04-28-2005, 12:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Yeh.. if there's one thing that I've found really raised the car's on power steering it was antisquat. I have got 1mm antisquat and 1mm kickup on my car and it turns in a lot better now.
Old 04-28-2005, 02:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by F. Alonso
Yeh.. if there's one thing that I've found really raised the car's on power steering it was antisquat. I have got 1mm antisquat and 1mm kickup on my car and it turns in a lot better now.
You might try rise rear roll center by making upper rod more incline. This will also help to increase corner-exit steering by reducing rear traction (by reducing weight transfer to outer wheel because you got less chassis roll by rising roll center)

Last time I lower rear roll center by add 1mm shim under rear ballend. The car become very understeering at corner-exit and cost me 0.8sec per lap. It's kind amazing to see how roll center affect your laptime in big time...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.