Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 07:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I take it that means the setups you've tried are working then custom

And boy i'm feeling old today, hit the rip age of 23..... considering most other people around me here at uni are in their late teens, it makes you feel well old...

Later
Ed

Last edited by TryHard; 02-25-2005 at 07:35 PM.
Old 02-25-2005, 08:01 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I just posted a NIB MS in the for sale forum, comes with extras.
Old 02-25-2005, 08:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

hey guys, need some help with my 415 on carpet. It seems to have an overall lack of grip, on power push and off power loose. I'm running white front/yellow rear springs, yellow front bar, no rear bar, 1.5 degree rear toe, old a-arms, aluminum rear hub carriers with the camber link mounted furthest out on the hubs themselves. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-25-2005, 08:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by RC Driver Gary
hey guys, need some help with my 415 on carpet. It seems to have an overall lack of grip, on power push and off power loose. I'm running white front/yellow rear springs, yellow front bar, no rear bar, 1.5 degree rear toe, old a-arms, aluminum rear hub carriers with the camber link mounted furthest out on the hubs themselves. Thanks in advance.
Do a search for my username in this thread. I put a killer carpet/foam setup on here...probably 10 pages back or so. I know others have posted carpet setups as well.
Old 02-25-2005, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

well, im sure you are on rubber tires.. presumably "A"s?

oneway i assume? at the Novak race, i ran with yellow/yellow spring combo, on the advice from Chris T.... red bars all the way around, 2-degree rear toe...

from what i have experienced, this car likes a little softer spring than most.

just remember..... oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo those are cheerios, dumbass....lol! remember that one, Gary?

good luck at the TCS, and tell Scotty and the gang that the OK boys said hi!!!! and we will see him in Vegas!!!
Old 02-25-2005, 08:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I've got the same problem . The added power of the 19T is causing a push through the sweeper, then on the loose side for the inside stuff. I stopped by RSJ on my way home, and got a few tips to try out in the AM.

Jimmy
Old 02-25-2005, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

Hi Gary, that sounds to me like you lack traction in front. Although you said loose off power I think it might be that car is not reacting to your steering input enough and that you end up turning too much. I would suggest that you try softer spring in front and give it a bit more droop. I second what Turbonium said that this car seems to do better with a softer set up as it likes to roll around the corner. 1.5 degree toe in might not be enough depends on traction.
Old 02-25-2005, 09:47 PM
Tech Addict

Default Better than EVO III

Hi All,

I have a Surikarn EVO III now and am considering the 415, but am not sure if it is worth the extra money over an EVO III. Anybody who has driven both care to offer up opinions here? It is a pretty expensive kit and I am not sure how easy it will be to sell my EVO III.

Bottom line question: how awesome is this car?

Khal
Old 02-25-2005, 10:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default Re: Better than EVO III

Originally posted by KDagh1
Hi All,

I have a Surikarn EVO III now and am considering the 415, but am not sure if it is worth the extra money over an EVO III. Anybody who has driven both care to offer up opinions here? It is a pretty expensive kit and I am not sure how easy it will be to sell my EVO III.

Khal
i got the EVO III (SE) when i both the 415 since then i haven't use my EVO III for about hmmm men it's been awhile now. both cars are good but i prefer the 415. my suggestion , if you are going to buy the 415 get the (MS) version
Old 02-25-2005, 10:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Gary,

I've never been to trackside nor do I have much experience on carpet so this may be completely wrong Try any or all of the following (I'm certain practice time is going to be limited ):

-softer front spring and red sway bars like others have said.

-reduce rear downtravel (less weight transfer to the front off power during initial turning)

-reduce front downtravel (less weight transfer to rear on power for a little more steering)

-move rear camber link inward. If I remember correctly, it allows the rear to roll more while cornering and gives you a better feeling on when the rear will "wash" out on you. Outer most hole let the rear corner flatter and could cause a very quick "washing out" oversteer feel. Atleast this is what I've experienced when I played with those camber link positions.

-hmm there's a whole slew of other things you can try, such as shock positions, camber link spacing, etc, etc. BUT since you didn't post any other info about your setup you're up poo creek ya knob! hehe j/k We still buds, right?

I hope this helps but I don't know how well it will work in your situation. Have fun.
Old 02-25-2005, 11:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by tamiyarcracer
Chris Just do the west coast, He races from Vancouver, BC to Aliso Viejo, CA
Dude,

You r right....this year...all the way from the West to the East and back to the South..
Old 02-25-2005, 11:30 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Better than EVO III

Originally posted by KDagh1
Hi All,

Khal
What kinda of surface or track do you plan on running the car on?
I do like the 415 better than the EVO III even better than the SE version. I am faster and more consistant wit this car. More realiable car IMO as well.
For carpet racing, stick with the stock 415...the MS is not the right car for tight, carpet tracks. If you run on ashpalt, get the 415 MS.
Old 02-26-2005, 12:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default 415

We have a tight high grip asphalt track. Do you think this car is the right choice for me? I'm so confused.

Please give all pros and cons you can think of on this kit. I will more then like only run on asphalt.

Is chassis tweak a major issue as I have seen posted?
Old 02-26-2005, 02:37 AM
Tech Master

Hi Gary,

I may be in contradiction with everyone else here (going harder on springs instead of softer), but I suggest you try Marc's LRP TCM winning setup. You can find it on RC Zone or RC World.ch, but it's close enough to the stock setup that I can tell you what it is.

Basically, it's the stock setup, with white springs on front and blue on rear, no ARB's, no shims under the suspension blocks, 2° of toe (B-D blocks, and alloy rear hubs, with the upper link located in the outside hole and 1mm shim under the ball), 2° or camber all round, 1° toe out on front. He was using no additive on the front and full on the rear, and his car was awesome like that (i was there ) . I tried it myself on high grip carpet with CS22's (controlled tyres/inserts/rims) and the car worked very well indeed.
Old 02-26-2005, 09:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

kdagh1.

what's up man...i'd grab the 415!

i'll most likely be running that soon over my Pro 4. from asking i believe the stock 415 will be best on the indoor carpet tracks we race at. then come summer if you run it outdoors just add the LW suspension.

there are atleast 4 415 drivers at RSJ and a few at trackside and/or AJs.

good luck at TCS

--------

g12314.

throw it down at the TCS and win one of those Evo 4s!! call me up if you need anything or if there are cheap tamiya things for sale!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.