Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 01:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

From first glance I see the chassis and the rear hinge pin and a couple of spacers. I'll be going through the entire car in the next couple of days checking things out before I start to reassemble things on the new chassis. My poor baby is in pieces down stairs. The Reedy warm up race should be a ton of fun.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:25 PM
piper48

Default Diff Pulleys

I have the MRE which has the 36t alternate tooth white diff pulley and 16t center pulley right! The MRE came with the MSX manual and parts list and part numbers which uses the 35t black diff pulley. I just started buying on line and accidently bought the 35t MSX pulley.
My question is can I run the 35t rear diff pulley with the 36t front spool?Will that combo have any effect on the 16t center pulley and the belts? If that combo doesn't work, can I run the 35t front and rear diff pulleys? Will that combo effect the 16t center pulley and the belts?

Old 03-30-2009, 01:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
From first glance I see the chassis and the rear hinge pin and a couple of spacers. I'll be going through the entire car in the next couple of days checking things out before I start to reassemble things on the new chassis. My poor baby is in pieces down stairs. The Reedy warm up race should be a ton of fun.
Make sure you check the blocks too, both horizontally and vertically... they do to bend after a BIG hit...

Having said that, the car has been ubber strong.... I mananged to hit a fence post after a start once (thanks to interference... thank god for 2.4gig), and only wiped out the chassis... and managed to snap the ti screw holding the servo mount and nothing else!!!
Old 03-30-2009, 03:07 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TryHard
Make sure you check the blocks too, both horizontally and vertically... they do to bend after a BIG hit...

Having said that, the car has been ubber strong.... I mananged to hit a fence post after a start once (thanks to interference... thank god for 2.4gig), and only wiped out the chassis... and managed to snap the ti screw holding the servo mount and nothing else!!!
I'll keep my eye on them as well. Thanks
Old 03-30-2009, 03:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by piper48
I have the MRE which has the 36t alternate tooth white diff pulley and 16t center pulley right! The MRE came with the MSX manual and parts list and part numbers which uses the 35t black diff pulley. I just started buying on line and accidently bought the 35t MSX pulley.
My question is can I run the 35t rear diff pulley with the 36t front spool?Will that combo have any effect on the 16t center pulley and the belts? If that combo doesn't work, can I run the 35t front and rear diff pulleys? Will that combo effect the 16t center pulley and the belts?
Running a larger front pulley will certainly make the car handel bad. It will cause the front wheels to spin slower than the rears The front & rear tires would be fighting eachother the whole time. It will certainly put more strain on the drivetrain parts (belts, pullies, drive-shafts, etc...).

I believe the MRE spool is special and requires the 36T pulley. I have an MRE as well and I could not get the standard 415 aluminum spool to fit 36T alternated pulley that I have on my one-way. My car came used and didn't include the original MRE spool.

Just buy yourself the proper rear pulley and settle for a lesson learned. BTW: You can download the MRE addendum here. Just start clicking on the the options down the left side of the screen until you see all the TRF manuals listed (should be the second one down in the first group)...
Old 03-30-2009, 04:44 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

any car would have exploded on the hit(s) STLNLST's car took, he got spun at the end of straight and two cars hit him full speed at wierd and opposite angles, a real fluky crash.

I made it through my first mod race, 3 quals and main with no issues
Old 03-31-2009, 03:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Bars

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
yes i am running a spool

i learned the one way is ...................erm.................... shall i say not good for a brushless set up LOL

i will be using the Vtec dunlop D20 wet tyres as i'm allowed to use 6 sets of tyre per year and with only 6 races i think i can manage with 5 Vtec 27's and the D20's

do you use roll bars on your dry car ??

i got them front and rear , althought they are just the stock ones

my lap times were 2 seconds a lap better than i have ever done , thanks to your set up
Im running the yellow bar on the front and the red on the rear ..Sometimes on a really cold day i will change to a red on the front but on our track we have two fast sweepers that are flat stick with the yellow bar very predictable.
Have you done the bulkhead mods ? they work very well , I saw them on THards 415 site.

Cya Mark Miller (a pom in australia)
Old 03-31-2009, 06:55 AM
Tech Champion

For those who liked the older 415 and want to try and find a new one, this may be your answer, sounds cheap!

http://www.rocousa.com/detail.asp?product_id=ta58320
Old 03-31-2009, 10:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by penmark67
Im running the yellow bar on the front and the red on the rear ..Sometimes on a really cold day i will change to a red on the front but on our track we have two fast sweepers that are flat stick with the yellow bar very predictable.
ok are they the TA-05 bars ???

Have you done the bulkhead mods ? they work very well , I saw them on THards 415 site.
no i havnt didnt really read it but i will now , is it easy to do ??

Cya Mark Miller (a pom in australia)
ta ( a pom in holland )
Old 03-31-2009, 11:54 PM
Tech Master

did you just remove the bolt ??

or did you remove the alloy too ???
Old 04-01-2009, 01:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default All

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
did you just remove the bolt ??

or did you remove the alloy too ???
I went all out removed the bolt and took 1mm from the mount (can always put a shim back in) and removed 1mm from under the motor bulkhead , also removed the cylindrical bulkhead brace and cut the top brace (phew) and trimmed the underside of the bulkhead to fit LiPo's in.........first run the car didnt have that twitchy feeling anymore so i could dial out the expo from the steering and actually am running 1deg toe out on the front (on rails).

oh yeah the rollbars are 415

If you look on YouTube our track is R/C racing at LittleHampton although i think its the 1/5 scalers

Cya Mark
Old 04-01-2009, 02:25 AM
Tech Master

ok cool i'll try it

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

not me LOL
Old 04-01-2009, 09:05 PM
Tech Champion

Car is completely stipped and the new chassis is ready to be installed.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:58 AM
Tech Champion

can anyone tell me what the measurement should be for both anti roll bar turnbuckles is, as I cannot find it listed in the build manual?

I've noticed that mine have been binding slightly on both front and rear driveshafts.

thanks
Old 04-03-2009, 07:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

This setup looks pretty sweet:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=260386638910

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.