Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 10:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by agp
thx dude. that was fast.

1. for the pulley system, i can use back the original belts comes with 415msx?
2. If i were use front ball diff, is the diff pulley same as TA05 36T?
diff: if you use that front and rear yes, there is the new MRE style alternated pulley
Belts: the belts are different in the teeth design and a slightly different length, they can be used but not as effeciant as designed
Old 02-05-2007, 10:20 PM
agp
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tamiyarcracer
diff: if you use that front and rear yes, there is the new MRE style alternated pulley
Belts: the belts are different in the teeth design and a slightly different length, they can be used but not as effeciant as designed
icic... then if i can get the MRE pulley, it would be better.. original rear diff pulley is 35T? quite a number of stuff to get to get it converted it to direct pulley...

as for the steering system.. hmm.. guess i will just leave it..
Old 02-05-2007, 10:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by agp
icic... then if i can get the MRE pulley, it would be better.. original rear diff pulley is 35T? quite a number of stuff to get to get it converted it to direct pulley...

as for the steering system.. hmm.. guess i will just leave it..
Quite spend ordeal. if you realy want it buy a MSXX
Old 02-06-2007, 03:15 AM
Tech Addict

I heard there is gray plastic parts for the shock upper and bottom ball holders which last a lot longer the the original black plastic. Can anyone tell me the part number? thz
Old 02-06-2007, 03:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

ioxqq; Yes they are avaliable, I have them on my cars now. They are grey, low friction v-parts, but certainly seem tougher than the standard black parts.
part number - TAM53918

HiH
Ed
Old 02-06-2007, 06:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the helpful info guys.

I don`t race too much anyway. Out here in New York City there`s really only 1 Track. I/we set-up our own track in a school yard and I`m always careful(I don`t want to crash My Car).

I don`t know how you Belt Drive Guys do it. The Diffs aren`t covered; and alot of dust and dirt gets all over them. We sweep our track really well and the Belt Drive Guys Kits/Cars Diffs always have to be cleaned(rebuilt) after every race.
(I`m somewhat of a lazy R.C. Guy; I rebuild my Diffs after every 2 Races.....Ha Ha!)

Take Care
Old 02-06-2007, 06:55 AM
Tech Regular

try some jaad diff covers?? i dont know how well they keep the muck out but they look quite nice
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TRF415-image062.jpg  
Old 02-06-2007, 07:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Do they stay on there secure??............. Just got a set for my MRE.

Thanks.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GuyIsDamGood
Thanks for the helpful info guys.

I don`t race too much anyway. Out here in New York City there`s really only 1 Track. I/we set-up our own track in a school yard and I`m always careful(I don`t want to crash My Car).

I don`t know how you Belt Drive Guys do it. The Diffs aren`t covered; and alot of dust and dirt gets all over them. We sweep our track really well and the Belt Drive Guys Kits/Cars Diffs always have to be cleaned(rebuilt) after every race.
(I`m somewhat of a lazy R.C. Guy; I rebuild my Diffs after every 2 Races.....Ha Ha!)

Take Care
Hey Guy,

You should try getting a Leaf Blower to blow all the gunk off the tarmac. Another thing that helps is getting also a Air Compressor for the home to blow the dust off your car. Does get the car real clean.

Hope to mix it up with you real soon in the spring for some outdoor action. Try contacting NYC Hobbies in Queens, NY. The On-Road Racer's Store. Look them up for outdoor racing info.

Be well!
Old 02-06-2007, 07:23 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by pug 205 gti
try some jaad diff covers?? i dont know how well they keep the muck out but they look quite nice
Hi p205gti,
I clicked on the picture you attached above a couple of times and I thought the belts were a bit loose ? {or is it the images}, anyway Cheers.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:24 AM
Tech Regular

also spraying the track with sugar water not only helps with grip but the cars stay cleaner and helps prevent dust from getting in to the diffs.

chris morrison
Old 02-06-2007, 08:25 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by proceed5
Hi p205gti,
I clicked on the picture you attached above a couple of times and I thought the belts were a bit loose ? {or is it the images}, anyway Cheers.
ive set the belts to the mre instructions.how tight should they be?
Old 02-06-2007, 08:38 AM
Tech Regular

you are right proceed5 the front belt was as slack as a 10 dollar hooker.
i forgot with the front diff it would be a different setting.than with the spool.
thanks for bringing it to light.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Kwikvdub; those guys at NYC Hobbies(on Myrtle Ave) don`t know anything about Tamiya Kits. Those guys only know about X-Ray kits.
But.....they`re the only hobby shop that is into(knows) about Electric R.C.
They do alot of In-Door and some Out-Door Racing in Long Island(with South Shore Hobbies and Willis Hobbies tracks).
But overall; they`re No Help to Me.....They don`t/won`t order Tamiya stuff.....And they always have a Bad Attitude when I come there.
-The 2 best Hobby Shops in N.Y.C. is Nagengast Hobbies(Fresh Pond Rd - Queens) and Brooklyn Hobbies(Flatlands - Brooklyn). They will order Tamiya Parts for you.

I/we usually set-up our own Track in a school yard out here. We didn`t race much last year because the police and Board of Education wanted to close the yard.
We`ll find another spot to Race.

Hey chris; putting down Sugar Water on the Track; that`s a good idea. It would keep most of the dirt and dust off the kits. . . . .Thanks.

Take Care
Old 02-06-2007, 12:10 PM
Tech Regular

Anyone want a new unused 415msx carbon chassis I have one for sale

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.