Wiki Posts
Search

"REEDY RACE 2009"

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 06:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
All I really want is a great turnout for the club races, warm up, and actuall Reedy race. I feel that racers (non local) are gun shy for the club and warm up race when a tire hasn't been chosen so late in the game.
I really hope that not knowing the spec tire dosen't stop racers from coming up for some GREAT club racing at Speedworld. Not to meantion the badass chill cheese dog's from the Speedworld snack shack.

I think getting any track time at Speedworld will be helpfull to most racers even if it's not on the spec tire.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)
Default entry fee

if we pay our entry fee and they already have the 160 entries, will we get a refund ?
Old 03-25-2009, 08:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott B
I really hope that not knowing the spec tire dosen't stop racers from coming up for some GREAT club racing at Speedworld. Not to meantion the badass chill cheese dog's from the Speedworld snack shack.

I think getting any track time at Speedworld will be helpfull to most racers even if it's not on the spec tire.

Hey Scotty I was thinking of coming up to Speedworld this weekend for a shot at getting the free spot in the RROC but snice there is still no Spec Tire to run yet and I know I don't have a shot at it now, Snice alot of people have their box of old RP30s waitng for a race like this weekend. I am new to rubber and tire I don't have that Box like most of people here in North Cal have. If you are Billy would call a spec tire for this weekend and put everyone on the same playing Field for a shot at the Free spot I feel more would show up, I talk with a few people in the Baty area and they not going to go till they know the tire to run also. And for the next race if the Reedy Spec tire is known by then we can run it for the next warmup race.

Just My $.02
Old 03-25-2009, 08:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tpczx6
Hey Scotty I was thinking of coming up to Speedworld this weekend for a shot at getting the free spot in the RROC but snice there is still no Spec Tire to run yet and I know I don't have a shot at it now, Snice alot of people have their box of old RP30s waitng for a race like this weekend. I am new to rubber and tire I don't have that Box like most of people here in North Cal have. If you are Billy would call a spec tire for this weekend and put everyone on the same playing Field for a shot at the Free spot I feel more would show up, I talk with a few people in the Baty area and they not going to go till they know the tire to run also. And for the next race if the Reedy Spec tire is known by then we can run it for the next warmup race.

Just My $.02
I have talked to Billy about the tires for the Reedy points race. SWR is not going to spec a tire for the points race's, even for the 2nd race when most likely the spec tire will have been announced. It's a run what you brung race, beside's RP30's are not the fast tire at SWR...

I understand people don't want to make the trip up to SWR and not test with what ever the spec tire's are. I just look at it as a club race, I don't care about winning the entry. I just want to have a fun day of racing.

The last club race at SWR I quailifed 2nd, screwed up the start and had to work my way back up. I caught up th Leo (who was in 2nd) and had to drive my a$$ off for 3 laps to pass him because he ran tight lines. I have more fun battling for a position then just winning a club race by a lap.

So like I said it's just another fun day of racing at SWR.

Just My $.02
Old 03-25-2009, 08:54 PM
Tech Master

Hello everyone,

Ok Guys, everyone needs to please relax on the spec tire thing. As was posted earlier, We are testing tires right now.

You guys act like I am keeping a secret. We are testing all the tires from the manufactures that have expressed their interest in this event.

You know what a top notch guy Billy is and what a quality place Speedworld is, We want to make sure we choose the best tire for the event.

STNLST: Relax, some of the tires we are testing are new for 2009 so we could not have done all the testing last summer. Things change in 1 year, tires change, companies change rims, inserts, remember when RP30 tire compound changed so much in 6 months. You guys would be on here complaining if we announced the tires last year and then their was a running change to the tires by the manufacture and they would be different now.

and as for planning for this years event starting last year, that is exactly what was done obviously without your knowledge. We tried to work things out to be able to return to the Tamiya and then maybe Mike Reedy could attend the event again. Since the track had not been sold yet we tried to make it happen and months of planning and discussions were involved. When that finally fell through, We tried to get a venue that would showcase this event in front of Thousands of specatators which took a lot of time to work on, so just because the tires are not announced yet for a race that is 2 months away that will be run in weather much warmer than it is right now, please don't come on hear accusing us of not planning.

RCADDICT13: yes if by chance you don't make it into the event because it is sold out, you will get a refund.

SCOTTB. Getting practice for the event will only help any racer, getting used to the drivers stand, track depth, barriers things like that is what will really make practice beneficial to all racers that prepare for the event.
And of course the Chilli Cheese Dogs, That is worth just going to the track regardless if you practice or not.

Thanks
Scotty
Old 03-25-2009, 08:57 PM
Tech Master

Besides, Clint will win 13.5 and Mo will win Mod. So the rest of us a battling for 2nd as Clint would say.

Did I just say Clint would win 13.5???? What the HELL was I thinking there's NO chance of that happening!!!:lo l:
Old 03-25-2009, 09:02 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Scott B

Don't forget the Chipotle Burritos for the Reedy race weekend.
STLNLST and AY will have a very special burrito for them
Old 03-25-2009, 09:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TRACKSIDE
SCOTTB. Getting practice for the event will only help any racer, getting used to the drivers stand, track depth, barriers things like that is what will really make practice beneficial to all racers that prepare for the event.
And of course the Chilli Cheese Dogs, That is worth just going to the track regardless if you practice or not.

Thanks
Scotty
Exactly what I'm trying to say. I really dont care what the spec tires are they will be the same for all (except RCGT) and everyone will know at the same time.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I personally don't care what tires to use, as long as it works well.
All I really want to know Scotty if I was first in line again this year for sign ups

Will Mike Reedy make it this time around, or most likely not?
I know it's hard for him to make a showing, but it would be nice to see him.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Team STPN
Don't forget the Chipotle Burritos for the Reedy race weekend.

And there's another great reason to come to the Reedy race..

CHIPOTLE BURRITOS

The Speedworld snack shack will have Chipotle Burritos, I believe Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Damn, I hungry now...
Old 03-25-2009, 09:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Never mind
Old 03-25-2009, 09:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default entry

trackside you have pm
Old 03-25-2009, 10:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think it was Sean C that said we should have a secret spec tire. You don't know what the tire is until the first day of practise. This will definitly seperate the men from the boys. So many people do well because of preperation. In this hobby you need to think on the fly, puts some fun into it.See who can set up in a short period of time under pressure. Just like real racing.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Wow ...all this negativity towards such a great event makes me want to quit the hobby and start something like cycling ...oh wait
Old 03-26-2009, 08:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarshGuy
Wow ...all this negativity towards such a great event makes me want to quit the hobby and start something like cycling ...oh wait

I'm going to look at things differently. We have a Reedy race and I'm thankful for that. Man.....we Gemini's have it tough

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.