Wiki Posts
Search

"REEDY RACE 2009"

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default RCGT supplies

Speedtech is usually a great source for all things RCGT. The finale of the Speedtech RCGT Showdown points series is this weekend so that's probably why they're thin on D-compound X-patterns right now. I would imagine Jeff will stock up tough in anticipation of the Reedy race and the RROC Socal Warmup race down here.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:56 PM
AE-Reedy

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Clint I understand your view I am just expressing what I think would be ideal in fairness to all racers who attend.

My perfect race would be held on a temporary track with a secret hand out tire.
Everyone one would show up and have the same amount of time time to sort their cars and race.

I agree the Tamiya track in the past was an advantage to Tamiya owners but we couldn't come up with a perfect solution to the problem. Believe me we discussed a number of options to fix that one.

As far as last years tire, I think it was a the best choice but we had unexpected weather which was outside the operating temperature range for that compound. Nobody had control over that. Sorry.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:10 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

unless a tire is used that has never been avail, somebody will have an advantage because they can buy every tire out try it and make a setup for it....I have seen it done.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sean Cochran
Clint I understand your view I am just expressing what I think would be ideal in fairness to all racers who attend.

My perfect race would be held on a temporary track with a secret hand out tire.
Everyone one would show up and have the same amount of time time to sort their cars and race.

I agree the Tamiya track in the past was an advantage to Tamiya owners but we couldn't come up with a perfect solution to the problem. Believe me we discussed a number of options to fix that one.

As far as last years tire, I think it was a the best choice but we had unexpected weather which was outside the operating temperature range for that compound. Nobody had control over that. Sorry.

Last years tire was the best tire we had at the time and it was tested in hot weather and then it rained All I really want is a great turnout for the club races, warm up, and actuall Reedy race. I feel that racers (non local) are gun shy for the club and warm up race when a tire hasn't been chosen so late in the game. If RP 30's never went away and racer's knew it was the tire they more than likely would make plans to attend the warm up race and maybe one regular club race because they could plan in advance. When have enough issue as is. Just trying not to make "time" one of them. Thanks for the quick reply.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayL
unless a tire is used that has never been avail, somebody will have an advantage because they can buy every tire out try it and make a setup for it....I have seen it done.
You just make sure you're there this weekend so we can for VOLTRON with the Tamiya's
Old 03-25-2009, 03:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Why not just announce the hand out tire?

They did in RCGT and it will be easier for me to get use to the tire up until the race. (Since I haven't driven a TC in 12 years!!)

Maybe I'm wrong but the RROC is about who is the best driver......
Not who struggles the least with the mystery tire.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Wouldn't it be interesting if they made the RCGT tire the Spec Tire also? LOL
Old 03-25-2009, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

I understand what Sean is trying to say, but the ultra fast guys will know exactly what the tire is once it touches their hands. and then what?

I'm all for cost control. (I guess thats why I chose RCGT)

OK, Nomex on....
Old 03-25-2009, 03:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Advil
Wouldn't it be interesting if they made the RCGT tire the Spec Tire also? LOL
They actually hook up pretty well -- you'd be surprised.

Looong wear, and consistent over the race distance...

The reason the RCGT tire was able to be announced right away is that it's always the RCGT tire. HPI X-Patterns are part of what RCGT is.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I think knowing the tire would actually help inform the people that are unable to make the warm-up races, at least a partial preparation is possible, not as good as being able to use the actual track for practice, but with only 8 practice rounds and not knowing the single most important preparation factor for the car, it is a huge disadvantage for people unable to practice on the track prior to the race.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tremor24
I believe that the current weight reduction (5000g) for the current most popular cars is excellent, and until the primary TC layouts change to reduce the need to add weight, lowering the weight minimum does not seem practical. As the original post stated, 51 Oz minimum seems optimal. 5000g=50.721oz. A variance in brushless electronics sizes etc. along with balancing weight is very close to this weight for most TC's. My TRF416 with lipo/lipo weights, completely balanced and ready to race is 50.8oz, and I understand that some vehicles such as Team Magic's,X-ray's, and Corally's TCs are considerably lighter, which is a disadvantage for the heavier cars at club races. Adding weight only adds to equality between racers, bringing out more tuning and racing skill at the big races/ controlled races. Once the primary layouts are designed around Lipo, thats a different story, but almost every TC out is 6 cell based.

My 2¢
I sure as hell hope your 416 doesn't weigh 5000g.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:58 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by reenmachine
I sure as hell hope your 416 doesn't weigh 5000g.
Old 03-25-2009, 05:08 PM
Tech Adept

Default Spec Tires?

Well, is the newest batch of RP30's is one run tires?
Old 03-25-2009, 05:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Wrong thread lol, but I meant 1500g
Old 03-25-2009, 05:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default RCGT Spec Tires

The RCGT spec tires will the D-Compound #4790 X-Pattern premounted on to #3795 White Split 6 Wheels. That combination is not usually available as a separate option part.

Thanks,

AndyH

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.