Community
Wiki Posts
Search

easiest 1/10 on road car to drive?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (98%+)

I think the statement any car is easy to drive "with the proper setup" should be unpacked.

Short version: Look for a car thats lightweight and has alot of pros that have developed setups for it. - or at least fast guys at you track that have setups for it

Long version:

to me how easy a car is to drive is determined by how well a cars setup works in different conditions. i started with a schumacher which im glad was my first car because it seemed like every time I set the car down I had to make a change to be able to drive it. Dont get me wrong, I had some amazing days with my Mi3, but I would come back to the same track with the same tires at the same temperature and the same setup and the car would be completely different. It taught me alot about setup but it was a total pain, and to me not being consistent is no fun. I think the bad thing about the car was its weight - heavier cars will be more finiky with setup.

my new car though is super light and I have one setup that seems to work with every track - every tire at every temperature. Its almost too easy - my setup board is collecting dust.

Go Serpent!!
Old 12-26-2008, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (98%+)

Oh and the serpent has a gear diff - say bye bye to diff maintenance
Old 12-26-2008, 12:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

I still have an FK05 and an older EVOII and I still can spank guys running an 007, or other newer car. I would recomend loosing the oneway if your on asphalt and go with a spool. That might be all you need to turn the car around.
Old 12-26-2008, 03:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wstuart
my new car though is super light and I have one setup that seems to work with every track - every tire at every temperature. Its almost too easy - my setup board is collecting dust.

Go Serpent!!
I would have to agree, the Serpent S400 is the easiest car to drive out of the box of any I have owned by a long way.

The only downside to this, is that it is a Serpent! I'm in the UK and the spares support we get here is terrible, to the point that I'm thinking about changing to Xray, such a shame cos the S400 is, IMHO, the best TC ever.
Old 12-26-2008, 03:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CREWMAN
well the new xray is goin for 489.99 i believe so its cheaper to get the multi diff setup for your car. Have you tryed downloading a set-up from the xray web site?
No, I think I will start off reverting the car as per manual
Old 12-26-2008, 03:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flatspunout
If it is a saddle pack car (motor mounted in the center of the chassis) its an 04...the 05 went to battery on one side, electronics on the other. I traded for an FK04 a while back and fell in love with it. It does require a little different setup than the status quo sedans with it's rear weight bias, but the box setup is a good starting point. Here's the thread for the T1 http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...4-xray-t1.html

-rocky b
Thanks for that, its definately an fk04 then as it is a saddle pack car. Will check out that link for set up.
Old 12-26-2008, 04:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Good deal...hang on to that car because everyone will be back to saddle packs in 2 years If you are running rubber tires on asphalt, a spool in the front is the ticket to being fast. The RC Shack and AmpDraw Hobbies are good sources of parts for the T1 cars, and I think they both had the spool in stock the last time I checked. If you have a regular diff already to run up front just tighten down on it and run that until you get the spool. Post your track info over in the T1 thread and I'll give you a hand with setup, and I'm sure Chris Moore will be able to chime in as well...he's a good source of info on the T1 (and the previous owner of my "004" ) Don't fret brother, we'll have you whomping on those TC5's and 008's in no time!

-rocky b
Old 12-26-2008, 07:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The easiest 1/10 on road car to drive is a Tamiya Mini.

If the class is well supported in your area it is some great racing, setup is still important but there is less to do on a mini then on a TC.

I know this was directed at TC but I wanted to toss that out there, it is a great cost effective and super fun on road class.
Old 12-26-2008, 07:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

WORLD GT!!!! CRC is pretty good right out of the box too.