Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
easiest 1/10 on road car to drive? >

easiest 1/10 on road car to drive?

easiest 1/10 on road car to drive?

Old 12-26-2008, 07:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default easiest 1/10 on road car to drive?

I have been racing 1/10 off road for years and wanting to get into on road. So I bought an xray t1fk, not sure if its 04 or 05. Anyway, its a POS. Not sure if its the tires, or set up, but it oversteers like mad into turns. Its not me, cos I had a drive of a another car, team magic or something and that car was very good.

I am looking for an easy to drive car, if there is such a thing. Throw me some thoughts!

I run top off roaders, so willing to spend $$$ for 'the' car that will get me into competitive racing on road. The LHS around here are rip offs, so would be ordering most/all spares.
Old 12-26-2008, 07:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fastbynature
I have been racing 1/10 off road for years and wanting to get into on road. So I bought an xray t1fk, not sure if its 04 or 05. Anyway, its a POS. Not sure if its the tires, or set up, but it oversteers like mad into turns. Its not me, cos I had a drive of a another car, team magic or something and that car was very good.

I am looking for an easy to drive car, if there is such a thing. Throw me some thoughts!

I run top off roaders, so willing to spend $$$ for 'the' car that will get me into competitive racing on road. The LHS around here are rip offs, so would be ordering most/all spares.
If yoru willing to spend the $$ the the X-Ray 009 is tops.
Old 12-26-2008, 07:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Almost any car can be made easy to drive with a proper set-up. I would be willing to bet that the set-up on your car is way off. Mess with the set-up before scraping the car and buying a new one. If you poorly set-up the new car, you will encounter the same problems, no matter which one you get.
Old 12-26-2008, 07:56 AM
Tech Master

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TimV
Almost any car can be made easy to drive with a proper set-up. I would be willing to bet that the set-up on your car is way off. Mess with the set-up before scraping the car and buying a new one. If you poorly set-up the new car, you will encounter the same problems, no matter which one you get.
What he said

Rod
Old 12-26-2008, 07:58 AM
Tech Regular

you might be right, I will revert the car back to the original settings to the manual, get some new tyres, and see how it goes.
Old 12-26-2008, 08:01 AM
Tech Master

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Raced with a guy not too long ago with an older Xray still plenty fast.

Rod
Old 12-26-2008, 08:07 AM
Tech Regular

I was told to get rid of the one way as it does not help. But I think the t1fk doesnt use the multidiff, so I would need to spend some $$ just to get the front set up. Wouldnt I be better off getting another xray with the multidiff set up?
Old 12-26-2008, 08:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TimV
+1
Old 12-26-2008, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I was told to get rid of the one way as it does not help. But I think the t1fk doesnt use the multidiff, so I would need to spend some $$ just to get the front set up. Wouldnt I be better off getting another xray with the multidiff set up?
well the new xray is goin for 489.99 i believe so its cheaper to get the multi diff setup for your car. Have you tryed downloading a set-up from the xray web site?
Old 12-26-2008, 10:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)

The XRAY T2 008 is perfect and you can get upgrades if needed. I ran it with thee kit setup and I was able to shave a considerable amount of time off my laps.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

My 8 year old son drives a Corally Phi in 17.5 foam. He has been racing for a little over a year. The Corally Phi is very easy to drive and to get parts for. Just my .02 worth. I would be happy to help you with set-ups, gear, etc to get you going.
Old 12-26-2008, 11:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

If it is a saddle pack car (motor mounted in the center of the chassis) its an 04...the 05 went to battery on one side, electronics on the other. I traded for an FK04 a while back and fell in love with it. It does require a little different setup than the status quo sedans with it's rear weight bias, but the box setup is a good starting point. Here's the thread for the T1 http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...4-xray-t1.html

-rocky b
Old 12-26-2008, 12:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I just gave a t1fk05 to a friend and he's got that thing dialed for stock racing...he can push the car quite hard and the rear end stays stuck.. i can give you his setup if u want...
Old 12-26-2008, 12:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I would go with the Losi Type-R or the Associated TC5
Old 12-26-2008, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 134 (100%+)
Default xray

if i were you i would get a new ball diff and put in the car and go back to stock setup and adjust from there to your driveing style and you should find that car is still able to run up front , are you running rubber tire or foam that will make a difference in setup also , good luck and you have a pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.