Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Laying Carpet

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 06:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

The Track has CRC Fasttrak Ozite glued directly to concrete. Though, I can't recall what glue was used. Definitely not as much grip as with wood sub-flooring due to the track temps being lower. Also, make sure to use a pretty heavy roller drum to smooth the carpet out when gluing.

As for using a commercial carpet, if I recall correctly I think it's possible as long as it's non-directional. But that commercial carpet won't last as long as the CRC stuff.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 134 (100%+)
Default carpet

Originally Posted by revo523
Not trying to highjack this thread, but how necessary is it to use the carpet made for in door tracks? Can i use regular commercial carpet?
there is just some plane ozite that you can get from your local carpet store thats what we used back befor crc started makeing what we have now and all we did then was put good old 100 mile per hour tape on the seams and when we were done just take the tape off and roll the carpet up and put it away ( we were useing the local civic center ) so nothing permanent could be done , hope that helps ya