Wiki Posts
Search

Xray M18

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2003, 09:52 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Help needed

Originally posted by jeffreylin
That's because there is too much toe-in in the rear. I think the stock setup is 4 degrees out of the box.
The car also has a gear diff with no encasement to adjust for tightness. When the ball diff comes out, many problems will seem to disappear.
Old 12-22-2003, 09:50 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Help needed

Originally posted by Neil Rabara
The car also has a gear diff with no encasement to adjust for tightness. When the ball diff comes out, many problems will seem to disappear.
I was wondering why not rear adjustable diff ... guess they have done their research and the car handles well enough with the current set up. I must say that after testing the car out on a small EP 1/10 track the M18 handles nice. Perhaps its because I am still on 5 cells. Its really fast with 6.
Old 12-22-2003, 10:31 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Damn servo

yeah!!!i used to have that problem with the 81mg!!!!that thing doesnt center at all!!!but some of my micro buddies that the 85mg centers alot better than the 81mg servo for an additional $4 thats worth a try...i didnt take any chances,so i got the KO pds-947fet......i hope this helped ....

QUOTE]Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
LOL! got the car built and the quality looks good. Except for the motor mount which is flimpsy and after a few screw and unscrews, I'm sure it'll strip easily.

The only problem I'm facing right now it the servo horn. Funny how the instruction manual shows an actual size of the servo which I believe is the Hitec 81MG but they did no include any servo horns for the hitec. Just the KO and Futaba ones.

Also, what servo are you guys using? I'm using the Hitec 81MG and was planning to mod it with the HPI servo saver but accidentally snapped and broke off the one and only servo horn. I'm also having a hard time with the Hitec 81MG centering.

Can someone post a pick of your servo and mod? a closeup would be nice. Thanks.

Dan
[/QUOTE]
Old 12-23-2003, 02:11 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Damn servo

[QUOTE]Originally posted by church
[B]yeah!!!i used to have that problem with the 81mg!!!!that thing doesnt center at all!!!but some of my micro buddies that the 85mg centers alot better than the 81mg servo for an additional $4 thats worth a try...i didnt take any chances,so i got the KO pds-947fet......i hope this helped ....[QUOTE]

darn ... maybe that is why my M18 is running all over the track!!!
Old 12-23-2003, 03:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Help needed

Originally posted by tIANcI
I was wondering why not rear adjustable diff ... guess they have done their research and the car handles well enough with the current set up. I must say that after testing the car out on a small EP 1/10 track the M18 handles nice. Perhaps its because I am still on 5 cells. Its really fast with 6.
I ran my Xray for a few weeks with bith the front and rear diff adjustable. All i did was use parts from the front diff in the rear. Since I run the speed 300 and it has a lot of power the gears stripped this weekend in the rear diff so I replaced the adjustable diff in the rear with the stock setup. Much to my surprise the car handled the same. Maybe that is why it came with the rear non adjustable? To me it really made no difference if it was adjustable or not.

I have consistanly run faster lap times every week so far with the Xray M18 and so far for a car that is basically box stock with a 300 size motor that isn't even made for the car it works great!!
Old 12-23-2003, 06:16 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Help needed

Originally posted by Raydee
I ran my Xray for a few weeks with bith the front and rear diff adjustable. All i did was use parts from the front diff in the rear. Since I run the speed 300 and it has a lot of power the gears stripped this weekend in the rear diff so I replaced the adjustable diff in the rear with the stock setup. Much to my surprise the car handled the same. Maybe that is why it came with the rear non adjustable? To me it really made no difference if it was adjustable or not.

I have consistanly run faster lap times every week so far with the Xray M18 and so far for a car that is basically box stock with a 300 size motor that isn't even made for the car it works great!!
That is like the NTC3 with a hot hot 5 port engine, stripped diff gears!

Do you have problems with your M18 tracking straight, I mean it will run straight with w/o any correction. Thanks.
Old 12-23-2003, 07:41 AM
TFR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Damn servo

Originally posted by church
[B]yeah!!!i used to have that problem with the 81mg!!!!that thing doesnt center at all!!!but some of my micro buddies that the 85mg centers alot better than the 81mg servo for an additional $4 thats worth a try...i didnt take any chances,so i got the KO pds-947fet......i hope this helped ....
church,

The PDS-947FET fits the Xray?
Old 12-23-2003, 07:45 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: Damn servo

yup!!!i just shoo gooed it on the chassis...works perfect...ill post pics as soon as i get my digital camera back....

Originally posted by TFR
church,

The PDS-947FET fits the Xray?
Old 12-23-2003, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Help needed

Originally posted by Raydee

Are you running 5 or 6 cells? I know 5 cells is just not fast enough for the races here but am wondering what is the best configuration for 6 cells. Thanks.
Old 12-23-2003, 10:31 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Help needed

Originally posted by jeffreylin
Are you running 5 or 6 cells? I know 5 cells is just not fast enough for the races here but am wondering what is the best configuration for 6 cells. Thanks.
I am still on 5 cells as the car now belongs to my gf ... oh well ... it was mine for a few days. The car is a speedster on 6 cells! I was told that a stick pack configuration will fit. A friend did the measurements. Anyone tried?
Old 12-23-2003, 04:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Anyone have a list of what will be available for hop-ups from X-Ray?
Old 12-23-2003, 07:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Stick packs work very nice!!
http://users.adelphia.net/~raydee/stickpack.JPG
http://users.adelphia.net/~raydee/stickpack2.JPG
http://users.adelphia.net/~raydee/stickpack3.JPG
Old 12-23-2003, 07:48 PM
Tech Regular

Default naked electronics!!!

i just finished de-casing 2 of my lrp's, rx and my kans for my xray...gotta mix and match on whoever fits better....ill post pics again after i put everything together....
Attached Thumbnails Xray M18-dsc00516.jpg  
Old 12-23-2003, 07:54 PM
dux
Tech Apprentice

Just testifying for the HS-85BB. It's nylon geared, but with a tiny Kimbrough servo saver, there's no danger to it. I've smashed it into barriers with a speed 400 and 7 cells (in my micro) and it's always worked great.
Old 12-23-2003, 07:59 PM
dux
Tech Apprentice

Forgot to mention http://www.servocity.com has free shipping in the 48 states.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.