R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-22-2003, 10:52 AM   #181
Tech Elite
 
Neil Rabara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lone Star
Posts: 4,821
Default Re: Re: Help needed

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffreylin
That's because there is too much toe-in in the rear. I think the stock setup is 4 degrees out of the box.
The car also has a gear diff with no encasement to adjust for tightness. When the ball diff comes out, many problems will seem to disappear.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 10:50 PM   #182
Tech Master
 
tIANcI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posts: 1,737
Default Re: Re: Re: Help needed

Quote:
Originally posted by Neil Rabara
The car also has a gear diff with no encasement to adjust for tightness. When the ball diff comes out, many problems will seem to disappear.
I was wondering why not rear adjustable diff ... guess they have done their research and the car handles well enough with the current set up. I must say that after testing the car out on a small EP 1/10 track the M18 handles nice. Perhaps its because I am still on 5 cells. Its really fast with 6.
tIANcI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 11:31 PM   #183
Tech Regular
 
church's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: ca
Posts: 483
Default Re: Damn servo

yeah!!!i used to have that problem with the 81mg!!!!that thing doesnt center at all!!!but some of my micro buddies that the 85mg centers alot better than the 81mg servo for an additional $4 thats worth a try...i didnt take any chances,so i got the KO pds-947fet......i hope this helped ....





QUOTE]Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
LOL! got the car built and the quality looks good. Except for the motor mount which is flimpsy and after a few screw and unscrews, I'm sure it'll strip easily.

The only problem I'm facing right now it the servo horn. Funny how the instruction manual shows an actual size of the servo which I believe is the Hitec 81MG but they did no include any servo horns for the hitec. Just the KO and Futaba ones.

Also, what servo are you guys using? I'm using the Hitec 81MG and was planning to mod it with the HPI servo saver but accidentally snapped and broke off the one and only servo horn. I'm also having a hard time with the Hitec 81MG centering.

Can someone post a pick of your servo and mod? a closeup would be nice. Thanks.

Dan
[/QUOTE]
church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 03:11 AM   #184
Tech Master
 
tIANcI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posts: 1,737
Default Re: Re: Damn servo

[QUOTE]Originally posted by church
[B]yeah!!!i used to have that problem with the 81mg!!!!that thing doesnt center at all!!!but some of my micro buddies that the 85mg centers alot better than the 81mg servo for an additional $4 thats worth a try...i didnt take any chances,so i got the KO pds-947fet......i hope this helped ....[QUOTE]

darn ... maybe that is why my M18 is running all over the track!!!
tIANcI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 04:57 AM   #185
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: NY
Posts: 691
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Raydee
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Help needed

Quote:
Originally posted by tIANcI
I was wondering why not rear adjustable diff ... guess they have done their research and the car handles well enough with the current set up. I must say that after testing the car out on a small EP 1/10 track the M18 handles nice. Perhaps its because I am still on 5 cells. Its really fast with 6.
I ran my Xray for a few weeks with bith the front and rear diff adjustable. All i did was use parts from the front diff in the rear. Since I run the speed 300 and it has a lot of power the gears stripped this weekend in the rear diff so I replaced the adjustable diff in the rear with the stock setup. Much to my surprise the car handled the same. Maybe that is why it came with the rear non adjustable? To me it really made no difference if it was adjustable or not.

I have consistanly run faster lap times every week so far with the Xray M18 and so far for a car that is basically box stock with a 300 size motor that isn't even made for the car it works great!!
Raydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 07:16 AM   #186
Tech Master
 
tIANcI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posts: 1,737
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Help needed

Quote:
Originally posted by Raydee
I ran my Xray for a few weeks with bith the front and rear diff adjustable. All i did was use parts from the front diff in the rear. Since I run the speed 300 and it has a lot of power the gears stripped this weekend in the rear diff so I replaced the adjustable diff in the rear with the stock setup. Much to my surprise the car handled the same. Maybe that is why it came with the rear non adjustable? To me it really made no difference if it was adjustable or not.

I have consistanly run faster lap times every week so far with the Xray M18 and so far for a car that is basically box stock with a 300 size motor that isn't even made for the car it works great!!
That is like the NTC3 with a hot hot 5 port engine, stripped diff gears!

Do you have problems with your M18 tracking straight, I mean it will run straight with w/o any correction. Thanks.
tIANcI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 08:41 AM   #187
TFR
Tech Master
 
TFR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,767
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Damn servo

Quote:
Originally posted by church
[B]yeah!!!i used to have that problem with the 81mg!!!!that thing doesnt center at all!!!but some of my micro buddies that the 85mg centers alot better than the 81mg servo for an additional $4 thats worth a try...i didnt take any chances,so i got the KO pds-947fet......i hope this helped ....
church,

The PDS-947FET fits the Xray?
__________________
Muchmore l AHRP l Xenon l Futaba
TFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 08:45 AM   #188
Tech Regular
 
church's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: ca
Posts: 483
Default Re: Re: Re: Damn servo

yup!!!i just shoo gooed it on the chassis...works perfect...ill post pics as soon as i get my digital camera back....



Quote:
Originally posted by TFR
church,

The PDS-947FET fits the Xray?
church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 10:31 AM   #189
Tech Elite
 
jeffreylin's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Traction Roll!
Posts: 2,564
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Help needed

Quote:
Originally posted by Raydee
I ran my Xray for a few weeks with bith the front and rear diff adjustable. All i did was use parts from the front diff in the rear. Since I run the speed 300 and it has a lot of power the gears stripped this weekend in the rear diff so I replaced the adjustable diff in the rear with the stock setup. Much to my surprise the car handled the same. Maybe that is why it came with the rear non adjustable? To me it really made no difference if it was adjustable or not.

I have consistanly run faster lap times every week so far with the Xray M18 and so far for a car that is basically box stock with a 300 size motor that isn't even made for the car it works great!!
Are you running 5 or 6 cells? I know 5 cells is just not fast enough for the races here but am wondering what is the best configuration for 6 cells. Thanks.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 11:31 AM   #190
Tech Master
 
tIANcI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posts: 1,737
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Help needed

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffreylin
Are you running 5 or 6 cells? I know 5 cells is just not fast enough for the races here but am wondering what is the best configuration for 6 cells. Thanks.
I am still on 5 cells as the car now belongs to my gf ... oh well ... it was mine for a few days. The car is a speedster on 6 cells! I was told that a stick pack configuration will fit. A friend did the measurements. Anyone tried?
tIANcI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 05:27 PM   #191
Tech Elite
 
dr_hfuhuhurr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 4,502
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Default

Anyone have a list of what will be available for hop-ups from X-Ray?
__________________
"There is a fine line between hobby and mental illness. Which side are you on?"

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 08:30 PM   #192
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: NY
Posts: 691
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Raydee
Default

Stick packs work very nice!!
http://users.adelphia.net/~raydee/stickpack.JPG
http://users.adelphia.net/~raydee/stickpack2.JPG
http://users.adelphia.net/~raydee/stickpack3.JPG
Raydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 08:48 PM   #193
Tech Regular
 
church's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: ca
Posts: 483
Default naked electronics!!!

i just finished de-casing 2 of my lrp's, rx and my kans for my xray...gotta mix and match on whoever fits better....ill post pics again after i put everything together....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc00516.jpg (59.8 KB, 279 views)
church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 08:54 PM   #194
dux
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Colorado
Posts: 69
Default

Just testifying for the HS-85BB. It's nylon geared, but with a tiny Kimbrough servo saver, there's no danger to it. I've smashed it into barriers with a speed 400 and 7 cells (in my micro) and it's always worked great.
dux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 08:59 PM   #195
dux
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Colorado
Posts: 69
Default

Forgot to mention http://www.servocity.com has free shipping in the 48 states.
dux is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS - NEW !!!! XRAY NT18T and XRAY NT18 plus HUDY micro truck starter box w/ battery Omarko Australia For Sale/Trade 2 06-25-2008 08:47 PM
Xray T2, Brushed Motor Combo, Setup Tools, Xray Springs, Bodies etc... GroffBall R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 13 09-23-2007 08:53 PM
WTB: NIB Xray T1FK05 & Xray Teflon coated aluminum Shock Body Adam.A Australia Wanted to Buy 4 01-02-2007 03:30 PM
WTB: Xray T1FK05 & Xray Teflon coated aluminum Shock Body Adam.A R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 12-30-2006 03:26 PM
XRAY sedan spring kit / XRAY multi-diff / PRS 114t spur / RR 64p pinions / Stratus evostyle R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 12-19-2006 09:33 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:42 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net