Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Is it true???  What wins on Sunday, sells on Monday! >

Is it true??? What wins on Sunday, sells on Monday!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is it true??? What wins on Sunday, sells on Monday!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 09:16 AM
Tech Regular

yes, its true. I was almost going to buy a HB D8 only becuse it won worlds and it was really cheap if you compare to it opponents and + it won worlds. offcourse you want one then!
Old 12-09-2008, 11:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

If the statement wasn't true there would be no sponsored drivers.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by artwork
If this was true there would be a lot more Cyclone's and 416's in the US.
Yeah, 'cause those two cars are always winning the big U.S. trophy races. Aren't they?

Seriously, both of those cars are just as good (arguably better) than the common winners here in the states. One of the reasons they don't sell like hotcakes (WTF is a hotcake?) is those manufacturers don't pour discounts all over every other driver at a national race.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Of course the statement is true but, for me, seeing someone local dominate has much more impact. There's no reason to buy something because someone at Nationals or Worlds wins. Those guys are way better than I'll ever be and buying their stuff isn't going to make me any better. If Joe Schmoe shows up at the local track and starts dominating, I want to know what's up.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:09 PM
Tech Addict

Default On road Electric A little more complicated

It seams that at the very top of On Road Electric Racing you have a handful of elite drivers under contract with particular cars who most likely would be on top no matter which car they drove.

If Tamiya had put 5 cars in the A Main instead of 2 at Worlds recently it might make sense for people in the market for a new car to choose it over another brand.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EVILGRAFX
Of course the statement is true but, for me, seeing someone local dominate has much more impact. There's no reason to buy something because someone at Nationals or Worlds wins. Those guys are way better than I'll ever be and buying their stuff isn't going to make me any better. If Joe Schmoe shows up at the local track and starts dominating, I want to know what's up.
Thats the same logic that sold Air Jordan's - it wasnt the shoes that made Michael Jordan - Michael Jordan, he was more competitive than anyone else at everything he did, hated to lose, and would practice, practice and practice more.

In high school in our weight room was a poster that said something along the lines of - If you are not spending your time doing what it takes to get better, somewhere, someone else is, and when you meet him, he will beat you.

How much pratice time does the guy that wins every week put in - how much practice does the guy who finishes last?
Old 12-10-2008, 05:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joel Lagace
not sure if winning sundays sells on mondays?? Im sure it does.... but the bigger mystery in life is why you can buy an:
Associated RC8 RS RTR for 540$ and go racing out of the box, yet a xray T2009 cost 505$!!!! (it dont include a motor,battery,radio or tires and body!!)

RandD aside i have never understood how double and tripple the material count in an 8th scale buggy ready race cost the less then a touring car??

Im sure im way off base and should be in a different thread... LOL
My thoughts as well.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EVILGRAFX
I agree with you on that because I'm a diehard fan of Team Associated when it comes to electric but for a minute I was looking at a Hot Bodies Cyclone because one of the locals was kickin' my azz with one. He's still kickin' my azz but I figured out my TC5 so it's all good.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe
(WTF is a hotcake?)
Have you ever heard of IHOP? They sell lots of hotcakes!!

Seriously, as previously mentioned, they would be no sponsorships if the winning car/truck did not sell.