Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Hpi Rs4 Pro 2

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 02:55 AM
Tech Elite

Well, I really like my Pro2.

But HPI scandinavia have choosed NOT to support competion cars, so part support is really bad around here. Fortunately the Pro2 never break, but some parts wear out over time... Untill now, I've been able to use spares from Yokomo, AE and once I was even lucky, that F1Junkie in the other end of the world donated me some shocks.

But since HPI Scandinavia have choosed to self-terminate concerning competion cars, I have choosed to save up for another Tourer, I'm aiming for XRay or Schumacher.
Old 11-14-2004, 01:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
need some help...

I've installed some Pro2 graphite ball diff in my mini RS4 but they always come loose after a few laps,Does someone experienced this? is there any tips to solve this problem?
thanks

Gilles
Old 11-14-2004, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Hey guys i have been racing the Pro2 for five years now. The only thing i have to say about this car is WOW. This car has been the best car i ran ever and i tryed alot of cars. Now i'm racing the Pro4 until my Pro2 custom made BMI chassis gets done. I made some changes on the chassis like mounting the Xray battery brace instead of the HPI strap. Can't wait till i get my baby back on the racing track again.
Old 11-14-2004, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: need some help...

Originally posted by utieh
I've installed some Pro2 graphite ball diff in my mini RS4 but they always come loose after a few laps,Does someone experienced this? is there any tips to solve this problem?
thanks

Gilles
No i have not had this problem, but try taking the diff back apart and check the thrist nut.
Old 11-14-2004, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Pro 2...

I loved that car. Durable as a brick. The only thing bad was the front bumper design, battery chassis slots (break chassis using stick packs) Other wise it was a great car. Building was a task though.

No one has done it yet, but wouldn't it be nice it someone made a car that had a low belt design like the Pro 3. Keep the motor offset with the belts down the middle like the older Schumacher. Easy building design with quick release aluminum diffs cases, Losi belts, no belt tentioner like the Jrx-s, Pro 4 camber links, Pro 4 aluminum hinge pin blocks, shim roll center, 3mm upper deck keyed like the Jrx-s, 3mm shock towers, 3mm chassis, steering rack like a TC4, outdrives like the like the Jrx-s that don't need collars, shocks like the Jrx-s. Each car has something great about it. IF they would just take the best of each and throw it all together. That would be cool. I would love to have a car these days that performed as well durability. My two cents.
Old 11-15-2004, 01:46 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: need some help...

Originally posted by blast
No i have not had this problem, but try taking the diff back apart and check the thrist nut.
I'll second this.
Old 11-15-2004, 04:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks all

Gilles
Old 11-15-2004, 05:14 PM
Tech Elite

Default HPI PRO2

one thing i notice about HPI springs that they are to long so for reference. I use Associated springs they range from 12 lbs. to 40 lbs. HPI i use only the copper, silver and gold for the pro2.
Old 11-16-2004, 12:36 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: HPI PRO2

Originally posted by blast
one thing i notice about HPI springs that they are to long so for reference. I use Associated springs they range from 12 lbs. to 40 lbs. HPI i use only the copper, silver and gold for the pro2.
Hello Blast, you can use all the HPI springs. So they have a really good selection.

What kind of track and which tires are you running?
Old 11-16-2004, 12:13 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: HPI PRO2

Originally posted by Cole Trickle
Hello Blast, you can use all the HPI springs. So they have a really good selection.

What kind of track and which tires are you running?
I do have all HPI springs as i started getting into racing more and set-up i notice that the HPI springs are to long for the shocks.

I run on asphalt all the time with purple foams front and rear. For rubbers i used CS 27s front and rear. Oil wt. and springs very with track temp. and cond.
Old 11-16-2004, 06:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Pro 2 RULES!!!!............Great car. It's my old reliable. I just love challenging other Racers with there more modern cars. I'll never get rid of it.
Old 11-16-2004, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Kwikvdub
Pro 2 RULES!!!!............Great car. It's my old reliable. I just love challenging other Racers with there more modern cars. I'll never get rid of it.
That's funny i say the same thing about my Pro2 but i call it my old faithful.
Old 11-16-2004, 10:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Ya...

me and a friend used to play crash'em derby every week end on our oval track. Man was it fun!!! It never broke and I miss her. My friend still has his, but one too many crashes. He broke his chassis, because he used stick packs. I loved that adjustable oneway. I wish I would have kept mine. I had it looking good. Graphite shock towers, purple motor plate, graphite belt tentioner, purple aluminum posts.
Old 11-17-2004, 12:22 PM
Tech Elite

might be getting a secound Pro2 soon
Old 02-13-2005, 03:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (60%+)

Even though my pro 2 is up for sale i still race it now and then and i must say its a nice car. I am using hara's front suspension set up( picutures below) and i am also using the front one-way diff and a 15 tooth pully and a g10 esc with little or no braking at all and i must say this thing is a rocket. i race stock classes with this and people have asked if im running some type of mod on the motor but im not.
Also whats so bad about the pro 3 i see so many of then for sale and they are going cheaper then a stack of bread.
Attached Thumbnails Hpi Rs4 Pro 2-ue.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.