Team driver Salaries?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team driver Salaries?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 03:48 PM

lol

our last unit in science for grade 9 is on motors and batteries.
and the teachers said it was suppose to be more academic...

i read it and its kinda wrong they said lithium ion is the longest lasting. but as we all know its lithium poly that do! so im gonna have to correct the teacher

cant get easier then that!
Old 10-13-2003, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

*cough*cough*hi-jacked thread*cough*cough*again*
Old 10-13-2003, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

hahah yeah but its better reading that the original topic hahahahahahahahaha
Old 10-13-2003, 04:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by rtypec
*cough*cough*hi-jacked thread*cough*cough*again*
so we need some threads titled"encounters with drunk/druged friends"?, "the kids of r/c"?, "most hi-jacked threads in rc tech"?, "science involving r/c"?

right?
(i was just kidding about the titles)
Old 10-13-2003, 05:56 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Why start a new thread when you can jack an old one..
Old 10-13-2003, 06:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by KINGZJ
Guys,

Its really none of our buisness what the pros get paid.
Every single day on the news you will hear about an athlete signing a XX million dollar contract with a professional sports team, you will hear about a race car driver signing a XX million dollar contract to race for a certain team next year, and all sorts of other things similar to this; so why not professional r/c drivers?

We are not asking for specifics here, and there is nothing wrong with the questions (well most of them anyways ) being asked in this thread.

Question that is perfectly fine: "Is the amount the average factory team driver makes enough to live on?"

Question that is downright rude: "How much did Firstname Lastname make last year?"
Old 10-13-2003, 06:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Just had a talk with a sponsored driver who is also a friend in the know that stated that there are about 2-3 guys that make decent money.60-65 a year at the most with incentives and because they have kits named after them and the rest make enough to keep doing this for a living.He broke down the incentives and bonuses for winning big races{nats,worlds,reedy race etc}and man,it sure looks like a Job now.Nothing glamorous about it.Travel is payed for them but I tell you,some of these guys get 1099's and they have to pay there own taxes and thats where alot of the money they see goes.It made me appreciate more the hard work alot of the top guys put in and that performing on that level is preasure for the money they do make.
Many of us would not trade our Jobs for that kind of preasure.I know I wouldn't.
Old 10-13-2003, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Default Thread Jacking

Originally posted by xxxkat
Why start a new thread when you can jack an old one..
How did a Thread about Team driver Salaries? get turned into a Drinking and Drugs topic?
Old 10-13-2003, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally posted by racenut123
Just had a talk with a sponsored driver who is also a friend in the know that stated that there are about 2-3 guys that make decent money.60-65 a year at the most with incentives and because they have kits named after them and the rest make enough to keep doing this for a living.He broke down the incentives and bonuses for winning big races{nats,worlds,reedy race etc}and man,it sure looks like a Job now.Nothing glamorous about it.Travel is payed for them but I tell you,some of these guys get 1099's and they have to pay there own taxes and thats where alot of the money they see goes.It made me appreciate more the hard work alot of the top guys put in and that performing on that level is preasure for the money they do make.
Many of us would not trade our Jobs for that kind of preasure.I know I wouldn't.
Who, where, and when did you hear this from racenut123
Old 10-13-2003, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

You know who roger!We just talked to him this afternoon at Hobbytown! His name is J_ _ _ _ J_ _ _ _ _ _ _.
Old 10-13-2003, 07:42 PM

Default Re: Thread Jacking

Originally posted by popsracer
How did a Thread about Team driver Salaries? get turned into a Drinking and Drugs topic?
no clue...

but really who would start a thread on drug/drinking vs. r/c lol

its over now back to the original topic
Old 10-13-2003, 09:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Bubbles and Calvin NG: Your making good life choices my friends......there are alot more people like you out there than you think. Hang in there. Straight Edge for life.....see ya at the track.
Old 10-13-2003, 09:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Thread Jacking

The thread was running out of gas, I guess.....Hard to go wrong encouraging these guys....

Popsracer: What do you think of pro driver saleries?
Old 10-14-2003, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Simply Amazing

WHATEVER the average salary is of a sponsored Driver, you're talking about relatively small Companies in total gross earnings when compared to the rest of the business world.
I highly doubt most of them could even afford 2 or 3 Drivers at $100,000+ a year and all of the other expenses that go with it.
You can bet that it would NOT be in the best interest of a R/C company to have their paid Drivers disclose details of their contracts ($$$$).
It is doubtful anyone currently sponsored by the big Manufacturers, would be able to reveal that figure and still have a job the next day.

Last edited by popsracer; 10-14-2003 at 07:49 PM.
Old 10-14-2003, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Most sponsored drivers are also part of the R&D Team for improving products and developing new products. Examples would be Kinwald, Francis, Burch, Pavidis, Baker etc...

Later,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.