Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Velocitygt
Guys... Awesomatix thread?

Airwave, try Sandy Iavazzo's setup on the website.

Here in Australia we run on very low traction asphalt and that is the best setup we have found so far. I am sure it would translate quite well onto low traction carpet with rubber tires.

Also you may want to try starting starting with the shorter links for maximum traction and lengthen to wash off excess grip as needed.
You are funny Tom. That would make 5 of us talking about the car. Relax.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks to Freddy’s setup as a basis I was able to get through tight turns much better and didn’t have mid corner push as I previously had been fighting. The car was able to rotate when needed just like in the video of Freddy’s triumph against Ronald. Very nice !

At last nights club race I managed to gain the track record and had a very intense and fun main event ( video attached ). I made a couple mistakes that allowed 2nd to overtake me with a very nice pass. Then late in the run ( as you’ll see ) I was not able to concentrate because in the cold my nose started to run. Also, the car over rotated once but I’m fairly sure my tires were worn out too. I can add more excuses if requested :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRjHA..._order&list=UL

Cheers,

Jake D.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:22 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Airwave
Could please you indicate me some key elements I have to work on to get grip with the A700 (full setup will be ideal, but I can't find any low-grip setup anywhere)?
Carpet or asphalt?
There is at least one for each: http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/awes...matixA700.html
Old 02-09-2012, 06:56 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by MDawson
You are funny Tom. That would make 5 of us talking about the car. Relax.
Hehe... we're not that few surely?

Nice run at the 'birds... loving the BMW LeMans art car inspired shell . Out of interest, LTC? And when you gonna post up your setup

So I'm guessing you lot are talking ETS Poland? Sounds like that could be a quite a US invasion! Should look the other way as well, looks like they'll be an ATS (asian) series sparking up some point this year, rumoured to be Thailand, China (shanghai) and Japan...

Anyway, shells are ready for TITC (yes, messy work area, it was 1am!), even created some two tone stickers by overlaying the kit ones..

This time next week I'll be in lovely warm Bangkok, testing the crap out the car on high grip asphalt. I know there should be a least three A700's there (me, Tom, and one other guy from China), so should be able to get to a good setting. One more day testing at the track tomorrow, then strip down and rebuild before flying out on wednesday... super excited, gonna be ace!

Ed
Attached Thumbnails Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)-titc-shells.jpg   Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)-titc-shells-2.jpg  
Old 02-09-2012, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard

Nice run at the 'birds... loving the BMW LeMans art car inspired shell ( ). Out of interest, LTC?

So I'm guessing you lot are talking ETS Poland? Sounds like that could be a quite a US invasion! Should look the other way as well, looks like they'll be an ATS (asian) series sparking up some point this year, rumoured to be Thailand, China (shanghai) and Japan...

Anyway, shells are ready for TITC (yes, messy work area, it was 1am!), even created some two tone stickers by overlaying the kit ones..

This time next week I'll be in lovely warm Bangkok, testing the crap out the car on high grip asphalt. I know there should be a least three A700's there (me, Tom, and one other guy from China), so should be able to get to a good setting. One more day testing at the track tomorrow, then strip down and rebuild before flying out on wednesday... super excited, gonna be ace!

Ed
Hahahaha. Yes, we are the few and sometimes proud. And happy to get support!

You get extra points for spotting the body. The Koons car. Yes, LTC. It managed to get into the corners better than the Speed6.

Some of us started to talk about going to ETS. As the IFMAR worlds is proving to be less of an interest; track/tires - we thought some international trip would be worthy. ATS sounds awesome. Will have to see how that works. A few of us from the Tamiya camp are looking at making a trip to Tamiya Worlds in Japan in November as well. For now, looking at ETS. Timing is tight but will know shortly.

Good luck at TITC. Try the 3hole front and 2 hole rear camber links. Will be running on high-bite indoor asphalt myself this weekend. The body paint looks speedy btw!
Old 02-09-2012, 07:13 PM
Tech Champion

[QUOTE=MDawson;10305103]Try the 3hole front and 2 hole rear camber links./QUOTE]

Cheers Mark,

Above added to the note book for tomorrow... Dampers, roll bars, IAS, links, and transverse motor all still to run through... another long day ahead!

Ed
Old 02-10-2012, 07:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

@ Airwave

To be honest I never drove on a track yet with A700 which has no grip but I would recommend to try my latest setup. The track from the nationals warm up had in the beginning less grip and I used the same setup nearly the whole weekend ( traction changed from low to medium/high ). Other things to improve traction with the setup is a longer wheelbase, up to 3,5° rear toe in or try to use anti roll bars front and rear, they will make the car a lot easier to drive, but reduce a little bite.

@ Magnet Top

Your car looks quite good, and good to know that my settings were a good basic :-)
It seems to me ( or it just looks so in the video ) that you had some problems on the right turn right in front of the main straight. Your car looks like it would not accelerate straight. If it's so, you may try little thicker gear diff oil in rear. This will help out.

@ All

Would be great to see some of you at the ETS in Poland ! :-)

Regards
Freddy
Old 02-10-2012, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Waw!

Impressive assymetry between the front train and the rear train in your setup Freddy!

You are quite off the charts for the dampers settings!

What about shortlinks? It will make the car take more roll, isn't it?
Old 02-10-2012, 02:07 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks Freddy ! I will try the thicker diff oil, I have stuck with 1000cst for consistency but will try 1500 this weekend.

Also I set my springs stiffer ( 95 and 115 ) than your sub 80 settings! On your setup sheet you list the traction as Medium. I'm assuming you didn't have any issues with traction/grip rolling so I'm curious how / why you arrived at that low of a spring rate or is something that you normally like ?

Cheers,

Jake D.
Old 02-10-2012, 02:50 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Great run jake... question what is your FDR?
Old 02-10-2012, 03:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by OVA
Great run jake... question what is your FDR?
Franko, you have a pm.

P.s. Thanks :-)
Old 02-10-2012, 04:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by TryHard

Nice run at the 'birds... loving the BMW LeMans art car inspired shell . Out of interest, LTC? And when you gonna post up your setup

Ed
Hi,

I would like to know which body is it on the right on your pictures? It looks great and nice body work by the way.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:32 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by stidanielt09
Hi,

I would like to know which body is it on the right on your pictures? It looks great and nice body work by the way.
Looks like a hot bodies Subaru type c to me
Old 02-11-2012, 02:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mb3195
Looks like a hot bodies Subaru type c to me
Been hearing very positive things about the Subaru. Does anyone have an opinion about how it compares to a Speed6 ?
Old 02-11-2012, 12:07 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hana166
Been hearing very positive things about the Subaru. Does anyone have an opinion about how it compares to a Speed6 ?
Good for slow speed corners, unstable on quicker ones. I personally don't like it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.