Community
Wiki Posts
Search

False Lipo advertising

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 10:49 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm not sure what your asking ? If your asking why we don't print the info on our 24C packs it's because these packs are basically for the budget minded racer and backyard bashers so numbers should not be important. We also don't provide numbers on our 3200/28C pack as this pack is being used as a spec pack for a few different organisations so we feel it's best not to print numbers on a spec pack.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:53 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Danny/SMC
I'm not sure what your asking ? If your asking why we don't print the info on our 24C packs it's because these packs are basically for the budget minded racer and backyard bashers so numbers should not be important. We also don't provide numbers on our 3200/28C pack as this pack is being used as a spec pack for a few different organisations so we feel it's best not to print numbers on a spec pack.
I see, you got me right, how bout 1c pack for 1/12 or other "racing products" are you doing it or are you plan to do that? I just want you to continue that so every other companies can follow.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:57 AM
Company Representative

There is no need to print the numbers on the single cell 12th scale pack as were the only ones who have one. We will continue to put the numbers on our 28C 4000 and 28C 5000 as these are used for racing. No other company seems interested to do this but even if they would there are many ways to make the numbers look different so I'm not sure if a racer could compare company X against company Y.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:56 PM
Tech Initiate

There is no need to print the numbers on the single cell 12th scale pack as were the only ones who have one. We will continue to put the numbers on our 28C 4000 and 28C 5000 as these are used for racing. No other company seems interested to do this but even if they would there are many ways to make the numbers look different so I'm not sure if a racer could compare company X against company Y.

Danny again my intent is not to defame you or your company but i find this quiet interesting to the extent of some more clarification please.

I find some of these post a little 6 of one half a dozen of the other,

At one point you are saying about incorrect "c" rating , That you are the only people placing numbers on your packs etc, YET it is only with the 28c rated packs. ???

I know you have admitted not doing it on the other packs. but to me the explanation really doesnt cut to the chase of what is being discussed.

You have also mentioned that you dont do it with the 1/12 scale packs because you are the only company suppling these packs.????

Not doing full research but it also seems it is a very good marketing tool you are usuing, (yes we have touched on this before and you have admitted tis as well, BUT if in one respect SMC is true to their word why are the other packs not supplied with the numbers,???)

Ok Is it due to you have no competition at present with the single cell packs , so there is nothing to compare them with, So why do it??

Their is other 28 c packs on the market so to get the market edge you use "numbers " more as a marketing tool.

With your 24c packs i do find your explanation could be a little offensive to some , when you have mentioned they are basically for the "budget minded racer" " were numbers shouldnt be important"
Firstly there is a lot of budget minded racers who put everything they have into the hobby/sport because they want to be competitive and whom havent the funds to buy "top end expensive packs" and tey do their research more so than others to get the best value they can for their money.

Also with the 24c packs are the numbers NOT printed on the packs because??, again you appear to have a pack that is also unique with its C rating
Or are the 24c rated packs actually 28c cells that dont make the grade.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:13 PM
Company Representative

When we first decided to print the numbers we only had 2 models the 4000/28C and the 5000/28C. We thought this was a good way to show what are packs actually have for performance. Now that we have released more packs and were still the only company printing the numbers on the 28C packs we decided not to do so on the 24C packs, single cell Lipo , saddle pack and the 3200/28C as this used as a spec pack. This is an extra step we provide and we feel we don't have to do it to they other packs.

As far as offending people that is not my intention and if the budget minded racers are offended I'm sorry.

You should check the C rate thread as I explained some good info on cycling and putting numbers on Lipos.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wallstreet
house thermostat is set to 65 degrees
You guys walk around in farmer johns all day and wear your work boots in the house?

65?

I married a Polish girl and we're never ever below 69 during waking hours.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:25 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Makes sense to me. I see NO reason to put numbers on a spec pack or on a budget, backyard basher pack. I may have to try out the 1/12th pack this winter. If they take off and other people start making packs I think they should get numbers.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:26 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chicagokenji
You guys walk around in farmer johns all day and wear your work boots in the house?

65?

I married a Polish girl and we're never ever below 69 during waking hours.
65 is perfect for me but with two women in the house it seems to stay well over 70.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chicagokenji

65?
Have you looked at Wallstreet lately? He is probably sweating at 65 degrees
Old 11-21-2008, 06:41 PM
Tech Initiate

When we first decided to print the numbers we only had 2 models the 4000/28C and the 5000/28C. We thought this was a good way to show what are packs actually have for performance. Now that we have released more packs and were still the only company printing the numbers on the 28C packs we decided not to do so on the 24C packs, single cell Lipo , saddle pack and the 3200/28C as this used as a spec pack. This is an extra step we provide and we feel we don't have to do it to they other packs.

As far as offending people that is not my intention and if the budget minded racers are offended I'm sorry.

You should check the C rate thread as I explained some good info on cycling and putting numbers on Lipos.
Danny

with all respect are slightly missing the point with my question

So are you say all the 24c packs ,3200 packs are being solely used for spec racing only, That none of these packs are used in any other class?? or being sold world wide for spec class racing only??

Yes i understand with the single cell pack.no competition , nothing to compare it too so why number it??

BUT people are making a mountain out of a mole hill with the " being supplied with the cell numbers" yet this isnt done on your other packs??? and on one hand it is being stated that the C ratings are being fudged, etc etc Yet in general my perception is SMC are using a fantastic marketing campaign for their 28c packs( and certainly i applaud smc for this) to gain the market share of these packs YEt are basically as accused with their other packs as the numbers arent beng supplied as per the 28c packs.

Again is this because their is nothing on the market to compete with in the 24c class as there is with the 28c class.

Perhaps this is also a marketiing ploy by SMC seeing other companies are now bring out 35c rated packs at lower Miah where SMC dont have these available?? and having their marketing share taken away???

I am sure if people start accusing companies such as Intellect with their new IP 3800/35 c packs as being dishonest ,they might bte of more than they can chew.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

hey ottoman.... red to positive black to negative and you might not smoke another speedo

You would think a mechanic could figure that out

Kenji Sorry we dont keep it at half buttoned Hawaiian shirt weather
Old 11-21-2008, 07:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you want numbers on your 24C pack then cycle it. They aren't hiding anything by not putting numbers on the packs when you can cycle them yourself with a GFX (or have someone at the track cycle it).

Cycling the 24C packs at SMC would just add cost to a pack that's aimed at people on a budget.
Old 11-21-2008, 07:35 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by FFR1
Danny

with all respect are slightly missing the point with my question

So are you say all the 24c packs ,3200 packs are being solely used for spec racing only, That none of these packs are used in any other class?? or being sold world wide for spec class racing only??

Yes i understand with the single cell pack.no competition , nothing to compare it too so why number it??

BUT people are making a mountain out of a mole hill with the " being supplied with the cell numbers" yet this isnt done on your other packs??? and on one hand it is being stated that the C ratings are being fudged, etc etc Yet in general my perception is SMC are using a fantastic marketing campaign for their 28c packs( and certainly i applaud smc for this) to gain the market share of these packs YEt are basically as accused with their other packs as the numbers arent beng supplied as per the 28c packs.

Again is this because their is nothing on the market to compete with in the 24c class as there is with the 28c class.

Perhaps this is also a marketiing ploy by SMC seeing other companies are now bring out 35c rated packs at lower Miah where SMC dont have these available?? and having their marketing share taken away???

I am sure if people start accusing companies such as Intellect with their new IP 3800/35 c packs as being dishonest ,they might bte of more than they can chew.

Like I said it's a decision we made and if someday we see our competitors doing all there packs with numbers on them we may do it to all our packs but at the moment there is no need for this as we seem to be the only ones who is doing this. Also I don't think you could compare numbers from different companies as there are to many factors that will have an effect on the numbers.

Were not releasing a 35C pack not because we don't have access to one as I have gotten samples from our supplier the week of the IIC. Our supplier is working hard on some improvements and whent they will be ready we will release it and we hope that it will be a good improvement on the track. As far as market share our Lipos come in and ship as fast as we can get them so were not struggling to keep the market share. We do see allot of confusion with C rate and it's a shame that this number is being inflated but that happens in other industries as well.
Old 11-21-2008, 07:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Fred_B
If you want numbers on your 24C pack then cycle it. They aren't hiding anything by not putting numbers on the packs when you can cycle them yourself with a GFX (or have someone at the track cycle it).

Cycling the 24C packs at SMC would just add cost to a pack that's aimed at people on a budget.
Fred_B I really iam not concerned with numbers on the packs at all I wouldnt care if they came with yellow canaries, But you are also missing the point with all respect
Old 11-21-2008, 07:57 PM
Company Representative

So based on what your saying we have two choices one is to stop putting numbers on the 28C packs or two post the numbers on all the packs ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.