R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-11-2009, 02:14 PM   #136
Tech Regular

I have just uploaded pictures of one of the first production XRay XIIs in the UK into the gallery at www.carsrcracing.co.uk.

Thanks to Partnumber at Mirage Racing for the loan of the car.

Trev
CARSrcracing.co.uk Webmaster
Schumacher Racing
TrevCoult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 04:03 PM   #137
Tech Regular

Default XRAY PHOTOGRAPHS

Correct me if im wrong , It looks like a Associated L4 .Just more exspensive.
tellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 04:29 PM   #138
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellan View Post
Just like the Hot Bodies car, blah, blah blah. A t-bar car with an AE style front-end. THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME. Some T-bar cars have the batteries rotated 90 degrees, but other than that it's the same 20+ year old design.

I don't understand why everyone bashes X-Ray for "copying" The first TC with all the batteries on one side was the MR4-TC so obviously Tamiya's 415 was just a copy of that car right?

And let's all stop praising the innovation of the serpent car. AE had the oil filled lateral shock first, and Corally did the over the T-bar tweak adjuster with changeable positions about 15 years ago, right about the same time I put my one-piece aluminum pod on my first gen. CarpetKnife. Serpent has merely refined ideas that they have "stolen" from other manufacturers, they're no different than anyone else, sorry kids.......
Slot-machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 08:42 PM   #139
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellan View Post
Similar but different here and there.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 01:40 PM   #140
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I think we all forget that there is only so much that you can do with a 1/12 scale before it doesn't work. There are a few established designs and they are all competitive.

Did I buy the Xray because it is innovative? No. I bought it because Xrays quality is second to none which is evident when you see the XII plastics, and it brings me closer to all of my vehicles both on and offroad being made by Xray.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:38 PM   #141

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane-o View Post
I think we all forget that there is only so much that you can do with a 1/12 scale before it doesn't work. There are a few established designs and they are all competitive.

Did I buy the Xray because it is innovative? No. I bought it because Xrays quality is second to none which is evident when you see the XII plastics, and it brings me closer to all of my vehicles both on and offroad being made by Xray.
Hmm I dont know about that... the fact that you can only do so much with 1/12th and then it doesnt work... I think thats BS.

Look at the current AE, CRC, CEFX, BMI, Serpent, and even the quirky Corally cars, they have all shown that there is tons of room for development of these cars. Parts quality or not - the XII is just a 2009 version of the 12L4. The 12R5 is a pretty large evolution off that old design, and its not even one of the most progressive designs out there.

Rave all you want about some plastic being special, but that doesnt make up for the fact that car should have been released 5 years ago or earlier.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:23 PM   #142
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Better late than never.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 07:54 PM   #143
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraig View Post
Better late than never.
For sure I just finished the build and it is sure nice having a 1/12 scale with a smooth bladder shock.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:23 PM   #144
P2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane-o View Post
For sure I just finished the build and it is sure nice having a 1/12 scale with a smooth bladder shock.
I just finished building my XII and the build was great....they are at RC America and will ship to shops soon
Old 01-30-2009, 03:23 PM   #145
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2 View Post
I just finished building my XII and the build was great....they are at RC America and will ship to shops soon
So you can confirm the XRAY shipment arrived at RC America? Does it also include the first batch of T2R PRO kits and backordered T2'009 kits and HUDY tools?
Old 01-30-2009, 04:21 PM   #146
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to Ferrarimk13

$260 isn't bad, i thought they would join that "posh" group with serpent but i guess they strayed away from that. There is no doubt that xray makes quality products, but i just thought they would be a bit more technical with 1/12.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:39 PM   #147
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to David Galdo Send a message via AIM to David Galdo Send a message via MSN to David Galdo Send a message via Yahoo to David Galdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Huligan View Post
So you can confirm the XRAY shipment arrived at RC America? Does it also include the first batch of T2R PRO kits and backordered T2'009 kits and HUDY tools?
He should be recovering from his flight to Hawaii, his new assignment. Good luck out there P2. P2 was in Dallas this week prior to flying out this morning, so I would believe what he mentions to be accurate.

Maybe Rocco can pop on here and give us an update?
Old 01-30-2009, 09:25 PM   #148
P2
Tech Fanatic

I was lucky to be able to stop by RC America on Thursday. I picked up my XII that day but couldn't pick up any spare parts. They got a large shipment that day and had many boxes to open/inventory/ship to distributors. Not sure what was in all the unopened boxes

David, We all made it safely to honolulu
Old 01-31-2009, 03:51 AM   #149
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2 View Post
I was lucky to be able to stop by RC America on Thursday. I picked up my XII that day but couldn't pick up any spare parts. They got a large shipment that day and had many boxes to open/inventory/ship to distributors. Not sure what was in all the unopened boxes
That's the answer I was looking for. Thanks.
Old 01-31-2009, 03:55 AM   #150
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrarimk13 View Post
$260 isn't bad, i thought they would join that "posh" group with serpent but i guess they strayed away from that. There is no doubt that xray makes quality products, but i just thought they would be a bit more technical with 1/12.
You should read the XII portion of XRAY Column #27 which was just published on their website. Juraj talks about the design process where they started with "wild innovations" but decided "simplicity was the best approach" in the end.