Search

Talkin' with Josh Cyrul

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 12:04 PM
Tech Adept

It sure looks like the European's know what body works
Old 04-22-2004, 10:34 PM
Tech Addict

Josh- Are you only driving the FW05 or will you be driving any of the RR EVO's or RRR? How is it switching from a belt driven car to a shaft driven is there any real difference's??

thanks for your time.......
Old 04-22-2004, 10:55 PM
Tech Elite

Josh, I just got done speaking with Kelly from Parma and he is sending me their Alfa body. How did that body feel for you? What do you like/dislike?
Old 04-24-2004, 02:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Josh...ever thought of hiting the RC Scene in Asia anytime soon? I'm going back there for good and thinking of running the Asian Reedy Race. I know Barry won there last year and I don't think it's complete till another US driver compete with the best of the worlds and you're qualified as one.

Cheers

Armand
Las Vegas
Old 04-24-2004, 05:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey Josh, are you going to be at the IMHE show in Chicago in October or no? If not, will I be able to talk to a company rep at that show about race sponsorship?
Old 04-27-2004, 08:21 AM
Tech Adept

Josh just trying to keep you on the front page bro I take it that you r at the pre-worlds good luck remember don't TQ
Old 04-27-2004, 09:28 AM
Tech Master

new92 - Sorry, I haven't heard anything but I will be leaving for the Pre-Worlds in about 30 minutes so I'll see the guys in Florida and ask them about it.

Andrew - Pre-Worlds - first rubber tire outing for me!! Did I mention it's snowing here right now!!! No practicing outdoors yet!!!

Randy - It was good but it had a few flaws that really hurt it - I messed up the trailing links and the car had rear-steer - awesome on carpet - not good on rubber tires on asphalt (H13's no less...lol)....

JonnySocko - Drop me an e-mail - I'm swamped right now!!!

Nitropimp - I will only be driving the FW-05R. Kyosho has tested and they think this car will be the best to try and win the IFMAR World Champs this year. I've only run the car in Vegas and that was very limited... With more time I'll be able to give you an opinion.

Neil - It's a good body and I would give it a try.

fabolousRC - I would like to go over there but it's up to my sponsors to decide if they want to send me. Bug them for me!!

trackdesigner - I don't think so - October is loaded with World Champs - Brazil and Florida.... Company rep?? Umm, remember - the company is very small (2 people and some very helpful friends and family!!)....
Old 04-27-2004, 09:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Edit: this sort of conversation is best left to email and PM

Last edited by trackdesigner71; 05-06-2004 at 07:39 AM.
Old 04-27-2004, 12:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Josh Cyrul

fabolousRC - I would like to go over there but it's up to my sponsors to decide if they want to send me. Bug them for me!!

I will do that as soon as I hit asia...for that time being...I better start practicing so i can actually race with you at the track
Old 04-27-2004, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Josh no worries with rubber tires. The rest of the Xray team is dialed and I've seen you wheel on rubber tires before...bring back the gold this fall!

ISTC World Champ Josh Cyrul...I can see that
Old 05-03-2004, 07:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

glad to see you made the show Josh give us the low down when you get a chance
Old 05-03-2004, 07:39 PM
Suspended

Default IFMAR Pre Worlds

Josh,

Here's a few pics I got of ya this past 4 days.

was that a triple lindy?

And what is it with you guys and no headlight decals??
Old 05-03-2004, 11:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

re the first pic. its good to see the xray drivers doing constant R&D. making sure part are extra durable.

4 xrays in the A main. go belt drive!
Old 05-04-2004, 04:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Contact patch or pressure?

Hi Josh,

congrats on a good showing last week end...

I'd like to know what you think about increasing lateral grip of rubber tires, and the consequences on camber adjustments... There's two conflicting theories that I can't sort out...

theory one: To maximize lateral grip, you need to maximize the contact patch. Consequences: you set up camber so that when the car rolls a bit in curves, the wheel is pretty much perpendicular to the ground. So you're still using decently soft springs/oil combos in order to allow roll.

Theory two: To maximize lateral grip, you need to maximize the PRESSURE on the contact patch... this is very different from theory one, because pressure is force/surface. Hence you use stiffer shocks, because you want to prevent the car from rolling, and now camber determines the contact patch size and pressure. This theory is inspired from scale 1, where cars use super soft rubber, mucho camber and stiff suspensions.

what do you like best to get the car planted in turns? Stiff shocks and camber, or some roll?

Thanks much for the help!

Later,
Paul
Old 05-04-2004, 08:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Heya Josh, it's me rick93 from you know where. Been out of the mainstream for nearly 18 months now, and starting to get the bug again ... lol. A 4yo boy and a 3yo boy had an awful lot to do with it ... lol, but I'm gettin the bug again... lol.

Josh, I have to say I'm so sorry, if only I'd have taken a bit more notice of the r/c pages, I'd have known. Whilst you were racing at Brendale, Queensland, you were less than an hour or so from my home. Stupid ignorance.

I got a funny feeling you've got a good feeling about this joint called Oz. Unfinished business ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.