Wiki Posts
Search

Talkin' with Josh Cyrul

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 08:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by Josh Cyrul
Aaron - We have about 90% of the parts in stock now to put together the kits. Hopefully we will have the final items this week and the kits can be shipped out!!

Ray - Try using washers under the ball stud on the hub carrier. I usually run at least 2mm under the ball stud and my tires actually cone in a little...

Greg

Cypress -

Chris - I have started my own company CEFX along with racing for several new sponsors (listed in the info directly below)...
Here is a bit of news Im sure you were waiting for:

The US Pan Car Championships has been awarded to Hobbytown USA in San Antonio TX. How does April sound for you guys as to when to hold the race?
Here is a pic of the track: http://sanantoniotx.hobbytown.com/da...page/?id=12619

Last edited by trackdesigner71; 03-14-2004 at 09:04 PM.
Old 03-14-2004, 08:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Josh - On my Evo2 FOC, I was running the 6 degree front blocks and no kickup. I snapped a hub carrier after tagging the boards - unfortunately, my LHS was unable to get the 6 degree blocks, so I went back to three degree blocks with 3 degrees of kickup - the car's rear end got really, REALLY loose. I tried the three degree hubs with no kickup, but the car felt numb (though, the rear end stayed where it was supposed to.)

Here's the question: Do you have any opinions on why the rear of the car got loose when going from 6 degree hubs and no kickup to 3 degree hubs and 3 degrees of kickup? (was the loose rear end a result of the changes at the front, or do I need to be looking elsewhere?)

Thanks in advance,

Rob
Old 03-14-2004, 09:01 PM
Tech Champion

Edit: accidental post please delete
Old 03-15-2004, 03:07 AM
Tech Regular

Default 200mm Body Mounts.

Hi Josh. In the rear of 1/8th scale on road gas cars they use floating body mounts to help keep the body flat during cornering. I'm wondering why they wouldn't be used for 200mm sedan? Do you think they would be beneficial for gas sedan bodies? I looked through the Roar rule book and didn't see anything that says you can't. Any insite you have would be appreciated.
Old 03-15-2004, 06:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Old 03-15-2004, 07:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Josh, Bobby Flack, etc. Would you please-mail me a couple set-ups for stock 12th scale for the CEFX? Maybe one thats easy to drive and one thats possibly faster, but maybe a bit harder to drive?

Thanks,
Ray
[email protected]
Old 03-15-2004, 12:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by rayhuang
Josh, Bobby Flack, etc. Would you please-mail me a couple set-ups for stock 12th scale for the CEFX? Maybe one thats easy to drive and one thats possibly faster, but maybe a bit harder to drive?

Thanks,
Ray
[email protected]
Ray,

The CEFX car turns a lot so I set up the car to take a little steering out (that's an old guy issue). I used red stuff in the tubes, and the Army green center spring. On the front I put the screw in the center hole for stiffness and no droop, I used orange Associated o-rings on the spindle-no lube.

Ted
Old 03-15-2004, 12:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks for the tips. I assume red stuff is pretty thick? I have thick hydra fluid. I cannot wait to get to try one of these cars!!
Old 03-16-2004, 07:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Jeff - I usually only run 25-30%. I don' t like running over that - the engines weren't origional designed and made for that. They are actually made to run on 16% - that is the EFRA and IFMAR rule!!

trackdesigner71 - Thanks for the info! From the pic the track looks pretty cool - How big is it??

Rob - The car got loose probably because of the kick-up. I always prefer to run 0 kick up. Are you running a front roll bar? Since you went from 6 degree to 3 degree maybe just try a softer roll bar to get the front end back....

Rayj - Some have tried it and I think because of the higer weight of a sedan and the lower traction (very narrow rear tires) it makes the back end chatter really bad. It does have more rear grip than a normal but when it does break loose it's violent and out of control!!

Ray - Red Stuff is about like using 7,000wt diff oil (not sure compared to Hydra). I'll have full set-up sheets made up and on the web site hopefully in the next month...
Old 03-16-2004, 07:28 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Josh Cyrul
Jeff - I usually only run 25-30%. I don' t like running over that - the engines weren't origional designed and made for that. They are actually made to run on 16% - that is the EFRA and IFMAR rule!!

trackdesigner71 - Thanks for the info! From the pic the track looks pretty cool - How big is it??

Rob - The car got loose probably because of the kick-up. I always prefer to run 0 kick up. Are you running a front roll bar? Since you went from 6 degree to 3 degree maybe just try a softer roll bar to get the front end back....

Rayj - Some have tried it and I think because of the higer weight of a sedan and the lower traction (very narrow rear tires) it makes the back end chatter really bad. It does have more rear grip than a normal but when it does break loose it's violent and out of control!!

Ray - Red Stuff is about like using 7,000wt diff oil (not sure compared to Hydra). I'll have full set-up sheets made up and on the web site hopefully in the next month...
Im not sure of the exact specs of the track Josh. I will try and find that out for you today. Id like to run this race either in April or in May before the Reedy Race. Which would work better for you to be able to attend?
Old 03-16-2004, 07:44 AM
Tech Adept

Okay, bye!
Old 03-16-2004, 07:25 PM
Tech Champion

Hey Josh, from what one of the locals down in San Antonio tells me the track is approximately 115x55 and lap times run around 14 seconds. Purple fronts/pink rears is the hot setup for 12th. Pro10 is a pretty open book. Anythin else you need to know?
Old 03-17-2004, 12:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Josh, the real question is are you going to Vegas this year? Last year we didnt have time to party it up.

talk to u soon
T
Old 03-17-2004, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

trackdesigner71 - Probably April - just make sure it's not at the same time as the Vegas gas race!!! That will do for the info for now. Thanks!

Aaron - lol... Forget the meds today??

tboned_2002 - Is there a race?? I've heard lots of different things and if it is still on where can I get an entry form!!
Old 03-17-2004, 09:21 AM
Tech Adept

Yeah...yeah...yeah!!! I'm standing at my front door, waiting for the Fed Ex guy to deliver my new CEFX12 car to play with. I wonder how long I'll have to stand here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.