Wiki Posts
Search

Talkin' with Josh Cyrul

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2004, 07:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi Josh,

A friend of mine has and xray and he is having a problem with the cvd pins bending and binding up the cvd's. He put some stoppers on the arms and blocks to prevent the wheels from turning too much because that is what we found to be the problem was the wheel turn too much and the pins get bent. We thought that would fix the problem but, it looks like what is happening is the servo saver seems to be weak(at least a lot weaker that my TC3) and even when you are going straight and hit something the wheels turn. We noticed this because the stoppers wound up not working and they actually cought the wheels so they stayed turned even when the radio was at neutral. Have you done anything to make your servo saver stronger? I can't imagine it would wear out but maybe. What do you think?

Thanks,
Paul
Old 01-16-2004, 09:45 AM
Tech Regular

Just your average guy...

I was rooming with Sir Richard Chang and the Miles brothers at Cleveland.
Old 01-16-2004, 10:42 AM
Tech Master

SalvadoriRacing - I will use Kyosho's FW-05R. As far as the pinion/spur combo - you just have to test and see what you like better.

PorscheSuperCup - I tried it but I didn't notice much difference.... Other than that just setting the belt tensions right is all you can do to free it up - no other tricks as of so far...

lazyboy - To set-up I think the car is quite easy and quite adjustable... I like the car and prefer the adjustability of this car vs cars I've run in the past.

shogun - Because I already check this forum, and the forum on my CEFX web site - I spend over 3 hours a day between e-mails and tech forums now..lol... If it's all in 1 place it's easier for me!!

chicky03 - I did try that at the Novak race (I forgot). I took my servo saver apart and added 2 body washers to it - I don't think it is right though because it's still weak but then it becomes "spring bound" and it is just locked up...

Unregistered - Ahh, I'm pretty sure you are the under 160lbs guy...lol.. My other choice would be the hulk!!...lol... I think I'm guessing right!!
Old 01-16-2004, 10:58 AM
Tech Initiate

Hello happy new year all good luck in race
Old 01-16-2004, 11:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Wow, Masami Ive been following your career and I gotta say you still can throw it down with the best of em.

But for Josh, what are your thoughts on the new Losi Skoda and the Trinity Peugeot?
Old 01-16-2004, 12:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Josh, let me first thank you for being so forthcoming with all of us here. The fact that you take your own time to do this is more than commendable. So when you hear me say "Your the MAN" or "UDAMAN" Im really saying thank you.

Since I can see you definitely reply to questions posted here I will go ahead and ask my 'Sirio' question.

So here goes;

I have a 'Collari' Modded Sirio .21... What should I do or who can I send it to put any finishing touches on it? Watching the worlds video, I noticed the sirio's flaming out more than others.
What can be done to prevent this from happening?
Last but not least... DO YOU KNOW SOMEONE THAT CAN HOOK ME UP WITH A SIRIO .21 YOU...I MEAN YOU RUN?

UDAMAN! In advance dude.
Old 01-16-2004, 08:09 PM
Ike
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey Josh,

I'm just getting back into RC after quite some time off so forgive the newbie questions.

Why are all the top TC drivers in the US using KO and Airtronics radios?

How do you like racing the touring cars compared to the old 1/12th scale cars? I'm a little worried I won't like the larger heavier touring cars compared to my old 1/12th scale car....

Goodluck at the next big race, and thanks for the show you and the other top drivers at the Novak race put on, it got me hooked all over again.

Ike
Old 01-17-2004, 08:36 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hi Josh,

I apologize if this has been talked about already.

How do you like the Fw-05R? How is it different from the other nitro cars you've driven?

good luck at the races
Old 01-18-2004, 07:56 PM
Tech Adept

Josh,
I have a question on car setup and handling. I run a TC3 and it has been handling great but then this weekend in the last qualifier and the main it had a push for about 7 or 8 laps. After that it was great, the difference was almost a half second.Just wondering if you has any suggestions on setups or driving the car at the start of a run. I was running TRC foams on fairly new carpet.
thanks
Old 01-19-2004, 05:47 AM
Tech Master

Masami Hirosaka - Good luck to you too! See you in Brazil??

trackdesigner71 - The Losi body is similar to the Protoform Stratus. I tried it at the champs but I mounted it too far back on my car so it just didn't have the steering. I don't know about the Trinity body - never tried it.

NitroHead - If it's a "Collari" modified Sirio do you really think it needs more work?? As far as Sirio flame outs - I flamed out because I ran out of fuel. Collari's and Shimo's engines ran great. Adrien had a carb problem and couldn't figure it out.... As far as an engine "I run" I don't know what you mean. The engines I recieve are the same as what's sold (we've taken the engines a part and blue printed them to check). We do have different parts that they send to test with that are sometimes better for .21's but the .12's are exaclty the same as off the shelf. If you are talking about an engine that I've run - I don't think you want to do that...lol.. I am pretty hard on the engines especially when I get them tuned how I like!!

Ike - KO and Airtronics have lead the way with the radios simply because of feel - Quicker responce and just a much better feel. I know it's why I race for KO and more and more people have switched to it lately. We still race 1/12 and the TC's have come along quite a bit - they aren't as bad to drive as you think!!

B - I haven't tried it yet. I'm looking at 8"+ of snow right now!! I get to try it for the first time in about 3 weeks!!

29Dennis - Were the tires new?? Did the tire traction sit on the tires too long so that they were dry when you went to race??
Old 01-19-2004, 06:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

hi Josh,

was wondering what the difference was you noticed between the short arms and the long arms on your x-ray?

congrats on the 2nd qualifier at the us champs, too bad you didnt finish any better, good to see your putting the x-ray up where it belongs.
Old 01-19-2004, 03:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Josh Cyrul Posted; NitroHead - If it's a "Collari" modified Sirio do you really think it needs more work?? As far as Sirio flame outs - I flamed out because I ran out of fuel. Collari's and Shimo's engines ran great. Adrien had a carb problem and couldn't figure it out.... As far as an engine "I run" I don't know what you mean. The engines I recieve are the same as what's sold (we've taken the engines a part and blue printed them to check). We do have different parts that they send to test with that are sometimes better for .21's but the .12's are exaclty the same as off the shelf. If you are talking about an engine that I've run - I don't think you want to do that...lol.. I am pretty hard on the engines especially when I get them tuned how I like!!
Josh....UDAMAN!!! I dissasembled the Collari Sirio .21 and she looks ready to rip. (rtr, lol) My only concern may be the carb. If I have an issue with the carb, can I use a Novarrossi R1 or JP carb?

What I meant by 'engine you run' was... I would like to have one you 'blueprinted' and WOULD run but HAVEN'T. I would be most appreciative if you could accomodate me.

Thank you for your time!
Old 01-19-2004, 03:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Josh Cyrul Posted; NitroHead - If it's a "Collari" modified Sirio do you really think it needs more work?? As far as Sirio flame outs - I flamed out because I ran out of fuel. Collari's and Shimo's engines ran great. Adrien had a carb problem and couldn't figure it out.... As far as an engine "I run" I don't know what you mean.
Josh....UDAMAN!!! I dissasembled the Collari Sirio .21 and she looks ready to rip. (rtr, lol) My only concern may be the carb. If I have an issue with the carb, can I use a Novarrossi R1 or JP carb?

What I meant by 'engine you run' was... I would like to have one you 'blueprinted' and WOULD run but HAVEN'T. I would be most appreciative if you could accomodate me.

Thank you for your time!
Old 01-19-2004, 04:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

josh what is the lowest and heviest lubes u have used in your damping tubes and what do u like best in your 1/12
Old 01-19-2004, 10:33 PM
Tech Master

dontfeelcold - The short arms react faster and carry more corner speed. I think the balance of the car is much better with the short a-arms...

NitroHead - I haven't found an engine that I wouldn't try to run...lol.. Serioulsy, getting a really killer gas engine is luck to a point. If all the parts fit well then the engine should be good - just like anything though - there are some engines that haul the mail better for no good reason...lol... It's no different than having 2 electric armatures - same wire, same guy made'em - one will always be faster.....

gsracer - I've used the purple stuff down to 80wt shock oil. Normally I use red stuff...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.