Talkin' with Josh Cyrul

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Talkin' with Josh Cyrul

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2003, 12:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

thanks JC.. helgar havent already ordered any yet then? tell dave to get his finger out! LOL

the funny thing is what you said, and it makes a total joke out of this crappy rule! lol.. i shant get into it though, it pi$$e$ me off too much! ('cus i want to run a bently!)

anyway, great news on the shell being approved.

can i ask what it was MEANT to be?

couple more Q's lol, sorry!

what kinf of price would we be looking at in the UK for the CEFX

and do you know if dave is going to be doing teeside? it would be great for the new car to get out into the competition in the UK, i know alot of people are very interested about it

thanks again
matt rice
Old 12-22-2003, 04:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Josh: thanks again for clearing things up with the tire compounds. cant wait to start rippin the tracks with 12th scale.
Old 12-22-2003, 07:13 AM
Tech Addict

Default Tire Sauce

Josh, My car is really twitchy the first lap on foams. I assume that is because I'm not saucing right. After a hot lap the car settles down and flys.

How do you sauce your tires? (one thing I didn't try was to run a lap before the race starts to get the tires to bed in)
Old 12-22-2003, 09:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Tc3 question

Josh,

I need to rattle your brain about your old Tc3 again-Please!!

I am building a new car thats 100% AE parts on front end. It also has the stock steering rack (not NTC3). For a base high traction carpet set-up-do I still space the silver ballstuds down on the spindles and space the ballstuds forward on the steering rack too?

This is for racing stock class at Gate and at Birds. I am currently running 4* caster, F-0. And sometimes 6* caster, f-0 if that matters.

I am running the NTC3 rack on the other car of mine with Losi spindles-but I see people taking them off and going back to the stock rack-stock spindles-so I want to see if its faster too.

Thanks,
Ray

Last edited by rayhuang; 12-22-2003 at 09:18 AM.
Old 12-23-2003, 12:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default T1 Raycer

Hi Josh--

it's really nice to see Pro drivers taking the time to help your future competition out!

I just bought the T1R as my first onroad car kit...besides the low ratio pulleys, is there anything else you would suggest I get?

I will mostly be racing at SoCal and didn't know if you had any set-up advice for the track as well...I hear a front one-way is advisable. Lastly, what 's the best 190mm body I should get for it?

Thanks for your time

Last edited by nutfluff; 12-23-2003 at 01:29 PM.
Old 12-23-2003, 06:02 PM
Tech Adept

Josh you have mail
Old 12-23-2003, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by SpeediePHATT
Here is his 12 scale shell
that body looks cool. but from the picture it looks like you have it mounted a little to far forward. it might just be the angle that leads me to this question for you Josh

Josh
does the mounting position of the body matter alot?

like if you have it futher forward or back a little?
Old 12-23-2003, 07:11 PM
Tech Champion

Dave-when I was at the Gate and Josh was there-I asked him how to mount the body and he took the Parma Speed 8 out of my hand and put it right on top of his body and lined up the front of the body and said to use the body mount holes in the Speed 8 as reference. he also gave a spec for exactly how high to mount the rear of body off of the ground, but I forgot what that height was now.
Old 12-23-2003, 07:28 PM
Tech Master

i have the rug rat and I have the speed 8 slammed down as far as it will go on the rear. I haven't had a chance to run the car yet so i haven't slammed the front down just yet. you know how there are like 3 lines across the front of the speed 8 I have one little section there that i can cut off but I don't want to make it lower till I get it on a track. I can only go just a hair lower because the tires will rub the top of the fenders in the front if i go alot. I think i mounted it just a hair to far back.
Old 12-23-2003, 07:58 PM
Tech Champion

I run my Speed 8 a little further forward. Its slammed and it doesnt hit the top of the tires. So I guess my CEFX is probably a bit further forward too.
Old 12-24-2003, 07:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Matt - As soon as Helger will order product we will ship it to them. I'm not sure on the prices so that is something that you will have to check with them. The body was origionally meant to be a Caddy. I think Mr. Spashett will be racing the car over there at the comming races. I hope to have all of the production pieces in the next 2-3 weeks so we can release the car asap!!!

ROBO - No prob!!

sands - Try leaving the front tire compound on for a shorter amount of time...

Ray - When I tested (running stock at a CRL race), I thought that the NTC3 rack was quicker. I'm not sure about a stock rack - I haven't run it in 2 years.

nutfluff - I would say for SoCal - definatly a front one-way and definatly a Alpha body. I ran the KO GP there so don't be afraid to take a standard rubber tire set-up and throw an extra 10-20 wt heavier oil in the shocks - this really helped my car when transitioning from the flat infield to the banking there!!

davepull - Mounting position matters a ton!! I prefer to mount our CEFX body dead in the middle of the wheel well or slightly back on the car. Our body has more steering than the others so if you mount it too far forward it's way too much!! Also the angle of the body matters also...

Ray - I did say that the rear height was 2.95".... I don't remember the other part....
Old 12-24-2003, 07:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

A little info for you guys!!

www.cefx.net

It's up and running. We plan on continually upgrading the site but here's a start-up to get things rolling!!
Old 12-24-2003, 08:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default cefx

hay josh the site looks really good so far i hope it takes off big time good luck with everything..................see you at the birds

Dave
Old 12-24-2003, 11:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Josh:

Hi,

Great site. Jason's waiting for the 1/12th scale car.
when you ran the nitro rack did you mount it like the NTC3 or down towards the battery/servo??????

and Happy Holidays to you and yours.

Tim, Jason and Pat
Old 12-24-2003, 08:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Josh--Tell Angel she did a sweet job on the vinyl stuff.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.