Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2897Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 11:55 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default speed passion sp1

Just finished my speed passion sp1. I did a special hydrographics dip on the chassis and it came out really cool. let me know what you think.
Attached Thumbnails 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-imag0132.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-imag0133.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-imag0134.jpg  
Old 11-06-2013, 12:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I think that's pretty bad ass.
Old 11-06-2013, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I like it. Interested in doing more?
Old 11-06-2013, 12:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mrod
Just finished my speed passion sp1. I did a special hydrographics dip on the chassis and it came out really cool. let me know what you think.
Very cool!
Old 11-06-2013, 12:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Looks great Mark, where did you get that done at?
Old 11-06-2013, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Holy crap that is awesome! Yeah, seriously, is that something I could pay you/someone to do as well?
Old 11-06-2013, 01:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

It's call hydro dipping. I would search for a shop in your area.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:09 PM
Tech Adept

I can get in contact with the guy who did it for me if anyone would like to do this. PM me with your email address and I will have him contact you with the available prints, and he can give you a quote on how much for your chasis and any additional parts you may want.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:13 PM
Tech Champion

Wonder how durable that is
Old 11-06-2013, 02:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up Yes please

@MROD

That is pretty sweet. I'm in!!!!
Old 11-06-2013, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

you will chastised and flamed upon (no pun intended) by the f1 "establishment" racers for wanting to do something that looks cool on your f1 car. trust me…….i know, i paint bodies that look cool, instead of a current f1 scheme, and i am like the f1 anti christ.

i think that is awesome, i have seen the technology before locally on hot rod and truck parts, and love it. never thought of doing a chassis, it looks sweet…….. but don't be surprised if they try to pass a rule to ban it, because it is not "realistic".
Old 11-06-2013, 03:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by al dente
you will chastised and flamed upon (no pun intended) by the f1 "establishment" racers for wanting to do something that looks cool on your f1 car. trust me…….i know, i paint bodies that look cool, instead of a current f1 scheme, and i am like the f1 anti christ.

i think that is awesome, i have seen the technology before locally on hot rod and truck parts, and love it. never thought of doing a chassis, it looks sweet…….. but don't be surprised if they try to pass a rule to ban it, because it is not "realistic".
We have the "realistic" and "scale" requirement at our track, but nothing specific about paint schemes. My F1 is Pactra Yellow with some Renault stickers from F1Paintlabs. It's far from accurate, I looked at a bunch of different pictures to get an "average" of what it could look like. I have a white "Stig" driving. Nobody has said anything negative about it.

Maybe you have a lot more a$$holes at your track, come join ours up here, we'd love to have ya
Old 11-06-2013, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That would look totally accurate with a Mark Webber shell on top....
Old 11-06-2013, 04:23 PM
Tech Adept

Actually that is not true. I am one of those purist in effect. You can decorate and sticker your chassis any way you like, but the thing in question is just the livery of the body. To me F1 should still look like an F1 car when it is going around the track. I dont think that F1 bodies should be painted with off road paint schemes, it doesn't look good to me, and that is just a personal thing. Part of the things that make this class cool is the way it looks, it is designed to simulate real race cars and that is what I think appeals to so many people. When some one new comes and sees a real looking F1 car they go "I can get into something like that". I am by no means saying that I think that f1 bodies should be painted like this, chasis are fine because you dont se them on the track so the realism of the class is still maintained.
Old 11-06-2013, 04:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Actually that is not true. I am one of those purist in effect. You can decorate and sticker your chassis any way you like, but the thing in question is just the livery of the body. To me F1 should still look like an F1 car when it is going around the track. I dont think that F1 bodies should be painted with off road paint schemes, it doesn't look good to me, and that is just a personal thing. Part of the things that make this class cool is the way it looks, it is designed to simulate real race cars and that is what I think appeals to so many people. When some one new comes and sees a real looking F1 car they go "I can get into something like that". I am by no means saying that I think that f1 bodies should be painted like this, chasis are fine because you dont se them on the track so the realism of the class is still maintained.
+1

I couldn't agree more.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.