Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2897Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 06:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by terry.sc
That looks pretty similar to the March CG901 remodelled with higher sidepods to clear the electrics and chassis to me.
Dude you're right, and way more core than I
Well played

btw, we have 2 identical Repsol Hondas, this is my team mates car for 2012 UF1
Old 05-18-2012, 06:58 PM
Tech Champion

Yup terry good find...only the March was a low nose and that body appears to be a raised nose...but your right, it is more scale in appearance than I gave it credit.

As for the down force I imagine the tracks you run on in the UK are quite large in comparison to what we run here in Hawaii and much of the US. So you are much more likely to get up to speeds where the wings will make a difference.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Hey FMW, any chance of seeing a bigger pic of the Repsol car and some other angles, that looks good

Last edited by Taman; 05-18-2012 at 07:13 PM.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dfiantii
BP SHADOW,

Awesome pics. Is the tail painted white then stickers are put on?I don't see the red and white break in my sticker sheet to make tail look ilk yours.
Correct, wing is painted white and then I used a piece of red vinyl to finish it off
Old 05-18-2012, 07:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Yup terry good find...only the March was a low nose and that body appears to be a raised nose...but your right, it is more scale in appearance than I gave it credit.

As for the down force I imagine the tracks you run on in the UK are quite large in comparison to what we run here in Hawaii and much of the US. So you are much more likely to get up to speeds where the wings will make a difference.
The wings still make a very noticeable difference on smaller tracks too. I run indoor carpet on a 50x70 layout and they make a huge difference in every corner.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Cool

Originally Posted by Taman
Hey FMW, any chance of seeing a bigger pic of the Repsol car and some other angles, that looks good
That body has a number of races on it too, FMW can wheel a car
Old 05-18-2012, 08:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Thanks for posting the pic RedBullFiXX.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt

Nice looking ride Gadgt, whose decals did you use?
Old 05-18-2012, 10:46 PM
Tech Champion

Yours of course
Old 05-19-2012, 06:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by terry.sc
That looks pretty similar to the March CG901 remodelled with higher sidepods to clear the electrics and chassis to me.

The problem is the kids toy paint scheme they have put on it. We haven't seen the car it's designed for so we have no idea why it is designed that way, but that hasn't stopped people complaining.

Because the press release is full of marketing rubbish about the performance benefits of the body, 3racing have a bunch of forum posters with burning torches and pitchforks at their gates. Yet no one has any objection to other generic non specific bodies, such as the HPI F10, the Tamiya F104 Pro and, from the company you now hate, the 3racing FGX.

Non scale bodies have been around on F1s for 25 years, going back to the Road Wizard, via the HPI SuperF1, various 3rd party bodies, right through to the F104 Pro. There are dozens of generic F1 bodies around today from Chevron, D-Drive, Tech Racing, Zen, Cross and Blade Racing. None of those were ever seen as a problem and have brought the demise of F1 racing, and neither will this one. If someone wants to run one that's down to them, if you feel it shouldn't be allowed at your own track because it isn't scale enough, are you also going to ban the the generic F104 Pro or FGX shell then? Considering the different sticker sets being used on the Tamiya MP4-25 and F60 bodies they might as well be classed as generic bodies as well, after all they aren't all being used with the kit supplied sticker sets.

Personally I'm not interested purely because it doesn't look good, exactly the same reason I won't use a modern F1 body either. I'll stick to the 80s cars as it's my favourite era.

I'm surprised no one seems to have any problem with 3Racing blatantly copying the Cross/TRG rear wing and Tech Racing front wing, but because someone has made a mess of decorating the body you are criticising 3Racing.

It kinda sorta looks like the Leyton house. I also highly doubt the resemblance is anything but accidental.

Either way the F60 body being used as 10 other cars is because these guys are making their best attempt to be realistic. This body is not even a best attempt.
Old 05-19-2012, 01:22 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stregone
American rc mags are a freaking joke compared to that.
LOL, I was thinking the exact same thing...
Old 05-19-2012, 02:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

For you 104guys I have new single shielded ceramic bearing kits! ultrasonic cleaned and hand oiled. they are fast!
http://rcshox.com/shoxshop/catalog/p...roducts_id=109

Ceramic and carbide dif balls in stock too!
Lately i have been using the carbide with better results especially if you need a little bit of slip(low grip asphalt), ceramic will groove the rings much quicker, but are better on carpet.
Old 05-19-2012, 02:06 PM
Tech Master

http://www.wrc-racing.com/en/index_rc-cars_en.php

180mm & 200mm F1
Old 05-19-2012, 11:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hoping someone may be able to help me.

I am using a Exotek F1 Ultra which has the link type suspension which should be the same as the Exotek F1R and similar to the Tamiya RM-01.

My issue is off throttle oversteer. The car seems to have great grip on throttle but soon as I let off particularly for slower corners the rear just swings around.

Not really sure what settings would fix it?

Thanks
Old 05-20-2012, 02:33 AM
Tech Initiate

JPap, I am no expert here, but I have been trying to get my std F104 drive able and have been through many tire combos, settings and trials. One thing I have learned is that having too much grip up front, makes the car difficult to control as you have found. It seems that a good balance is to make the front a little 'unstable' and the work to making it more 'stable' until you have reached a good compromise
I have found, as others would too I suspect, is that an understeering car is easier to control than an over steering one. With understeering you can still brake/throttle off without spinning it around. Once you have spun, you are doomed!
I started out by having a little negative camber, and that provided to much grip, next step was to change the camber back to zero, still a little to much. Changed to a harder tire compound with negative camber again, BETTER. The back to std camber of 0, bad understeering... So back to -1 camber.
I have a uniquely HIGH track temp here so this setting may not work for you, but the processs should be similar in making less grip up front.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.