R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/248642-1-10-r-c-f1s-pics-discussions-whatever.html)

BullFrog 01-21-2020 06:34 PM

The new CRC is way better!!!!!!!!! If your running Gravity tires you need the narrow front plate and pivot ball to narrow the frontend to be legal.

Dan 01-21-2020 06:51 PM

I've had the new CRC since December. The conversion isn't worth it. Sell your old CRC for $100-125. Buy the new kit for $250.

Anyone know the new front arm brace part number? It is not listed in my manual. I'm building a separate narrow 6 front end that is complete (for a hot swap).

AsphaltFlyer 01-21-2020 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by BullFrog (Post 15581885)
The new CRC is way better!!!!!!!!! If your running Gravity tires you need the narrow front plate and pivot ball to narrow the frontend to be legal.

How so? I was planning on dumping my crc wtf116 since there is very little support. Honestly crc needs to fire their marketing dept. No setup sheets or info. I bought something else to run in f1 but I'd be willing to try my crc again with the conversion. It's a shorter wheelbase right?

Dan 01-21-2020 07:44 PM

CRC marketing is a joke!

Sorry, not sorry. :D

Marty Peterson 01-23-2020 11:02 AM

Found someone Thanks.

BullFrog 01-23-2020 01:23 PM

You run the new car out of the box except with Gravity tires. The front plate makes it to wide. You would get the narrow plate and pivot balls. Runs great out of the box.

jujubean 01-23-2020 09:26 PM

Dows anyone have any info on when the next F1 Worlds will be.....and where?
JOC

tamiya4life 01-26-2020 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by nrtv20 (Post 15571763)
These look great, good job!

Thanks mate! I couldn't figure out how to post a Youtube video so I've linked one below.

IndyRC_Racer 01-28-2020 11:15 AM

I did a quick search on this thread, but didn't see this question answered.

Does anyone make "grippier" rear tires that would look scale on the Tamiya Wolf WR1 kit? (Tamiya F104 Chassis)

Tamiya makes/made several versions of the F104 that came with not only much wider rear tires but also LARGER DIAMETER rear tires. The Tamiya tires that come with the Wolf kit can be run on black carpet, but don't offer the same grip levels as what is normally being run in F1 at a lot of tracks. I realize that those rear tires might be the only option, but does any company offer at least wider RUBBER tires that would look scale on this chassis?

For reference, here is a link on Tamiya's website to their plastic model Wolf WR1 kit..

https://www.tamiyausa.com/shop/120-g...lf-wr1-1977-2/

IndyRC_Racer 01-28-2020 11:26 AM

One other quick question.

I'm running a Tamiya F104 at my local track using the CRC F1 tires. I am competitive vs CRC/AE/Xray cars. The only issue I'm having is that in a tight 180 turn, the car is lifting the inside rear tire. Keep in mind that this car is using a (soft) t-plate design with a single center shock AND a center post damper plate for the suspension.

I am running 1 degree of front camber and gluing the outside edge of the front tires. I am also running a ball diff on the rear axle. Other than the one 180 degree turn, the car very good everywhere on the track. I can even use max push brakes without upsetting the car.

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.

----------

(UPDATE)
Dman thanks for your response below. I did have my bottom center t-plate screw too tight. I found this out when I was fixing a cracked part in the rear pod. I will post and update after I get back from racing the car.

dman18t 01-29-2020 05:11 PM

Loosen the pivot screw a lot, allow more rotation of the pod. Get rid of the disc damper, just remove it and the shaft it rides on. Sounds stupid but really works!

ptrhahn 01-29-2020 06:31 PM

Based on current F1 rules, isn't it time to take the cars out to 200mm, and 40mm wide rear tires anyway?

GT CRUSING 01-29-2020 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by ptrhahn (Post 15586890)
Based on current F1 rules, isn't it time to take the cars out to 200mm, and 40mm wide rear tires anyway?

Yea, It would be much cooler if they did that and also ban the pan car suspension style and introduce actual wishbone independent suspension with an actual hanging front nose chassis. Its not like how it should be, FGX had a good one, but its not as competitive as a pan car in certain conditions.

The only down side to that is that everyone would have to buy new cars and adapt. Plus wider cars may make it slighty harder to drive on smaller tracks...but yea, sad to see only evolutions of existing cars and not an rc F1 revolution.

Tamiya should make a fully independent suspension F1 to have for TCS and then maybe they can catch on like Euro Trucks...the FGX is a blast to drive on asphalt though

JoeyE 01-30-2020 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by GT CRUSING (Post 15586914)
Yea, It would be much cooler if they did that and also ban the pan car suspension style and introduce actual wishbone independent suspension with an actual hanging front nose chassis. Its not like how it should be, FGX had a good one, but its not as competitive as a pan car in certain conditions.

The only down side to that is that everyone would have to buy new cars and adapt. Plus wider cars may make it slighty harder to drive on smaller tracks...but yea, sad to see only evolutions of existing cars and not an rc F1 revolution.

Tamiya should make a fully independent suspension F1 to have for TCS and then maybe they can catch on like Euro Trucks...the FGX is a blast to drive on asphalt though

TAMIYA does have a full independent suspension F1 car. But it's AWD. I guess you can just convert it to RWD

ptrhahn 01-30-2020 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by GT CRUSING (Post 15586914)

Well, if the pan car format stayed the same, it's a simple upgrade kit and new rear tires that would do it for most cars out there. Wider front arms and steering turnbuckles, wider rear hubs and two tires. They would look amazing.

I have an old HPI F1 front suspension laying around, that was two articulated arms with inboard mounted pan car style springs. I think it could be bolted on to my CRC F1.